Carlisle 4037700 Sparta Spectrum Chef Series 1 1/2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Croissant Brush with Long Bristles
$7.81/EachShips free with Plus
- Double boiled, bleached, sterilized boar bristles are both water and heat-resistant
- Epoxy-set to help keep bristles from shedding and prevent the spreading of bacteria
- Extra long bristles allow for a gentle touch on delicate foods
- Higher absorbency than nylon or silicone brushes
- Handle loop for convenient hanging
|Carlisle 4037700 Specs|
|Length||11 1/2 Inches|
|Bristle Width||1 1/2 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||3 1/2 Inches|
|Maximum Temperature||500 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
Carlisle 4037700 Details
Try this Carlisle 4037700 Sparta Spectrum Chef Series 1 1/2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Croissant Brush with Long Bristles at your restaurant, cafe, or bakery to help you make deliciously golden pastries and baked goods with ease! This brush features durable boars hair bristles that are the perfect softness for all your baking needs. These bristles have a high fluid retaining capacity, so whether you dip this brush in water, egg, or butter it works to dispense each liquid evenly over your pastries as opposed to absorbing into the bristles. Plus, they work better for applying thin liquids like olive oil, butter, and vinegar-based marinades. Thanks to its smaller size, this brush is also useful for other detailed kitchen tasks such as sealing the edges of stuffed pasta or pierogis.
The extra-long 3 1/2" bristles also work to provide even coverage with every stroke of this brush. This brush works exceptionally well for basting delicate pastries like croissants and danishes. These bristles are also epoxy-set to ferrules which tightly seals them and prevents bacteria from spreading. This helps to prevent bristles from falling out, giving you a lasting tool for your kitchen and confidence that unwanted bristles won't make their way into your patrons' food. Double-boiled, bleached, and sterilized, these bristles provide an authentic feel.
This brush also comes with a hole at the end of the handle so you can hang it with your other useful kitchen tools and keep it handy. Plus, a lacquered hardwood handle gives a solid, professional feel to make brushing simple. This brush can alternatively be used to baste meats with your favorite glazes as it is temperature resistant to up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Whether you're using this brush to finish your pastries with a flaky, golden crust or dipping it in sauces and ensuring your meats stay moist and flavorful, this brush is a simple tool that boasts a variety of uses.
Bristle Trim: 3 1/2"
Bristle Width: 1 1/2"
Length: 11 1/2"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
People Talk About:washings washes nice multiple hold held egg easily bushes bristles
These bushes hold up well and are nice for egg washes. The bristles don't come out easily and they have held up to multiple washings.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register