Carlisle 4038000 Sparta Chef Series 1"W Boar Bristle Round Pastry / Decorating Brush
$7.59/EachShips free with Plus
- Features high-absorbency, sterilized boar bristles
- Retains and spreads thin liquids more efficiently than nylon or silicone
- Epoxy-set bristles prevent the accumulation of bacteria
- Sturdy lacquered wood handle provides exceptional durability for long-lasting use
- Hole in the handle allows for convenient storage
Other Products from this Line
Carlisle Sparta Chef Series 6-Piece Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush Set
plus $56.49 / Each
Carlisle 4037000 Sparta Chef Series 2"W Boar Bristle Angled Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $10.99 / Each
Carlisle 4037300 Sparta Chef Series 1 1/2"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $7.29 / Each
Carlisle 4037100 Sparta Chef Series 4"W Boar Bristle Angled Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $15.99 / Each
Carlisle 4037400 Sparta Chef Series 2"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $8.19 / Each
Carlisle Sparta Chef Series 3-Piece Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush Set
plus $26.99 / Each
Carlisle 4037200 Sparta Chef Series 1"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $5.99 / Each
Carlisle 4037500 Sparta Chef Series 3"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $10.49 / Each
Carlisle 4037600 Sparta Chef Series 4"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush
plus $13.49 / Each
|Carlisle 4038000 Specs|
|Length||11 3/4 Inches|
|Handle Length||8 1/4 Inches|
|Bristle Width||1 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||2 Inches|
|Made in America||Yes|
|Maximum Temperature||500 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- Is this wooden-handled utensil dishwasher safe?
- Utensils with wooden handles are not dishwasher safe; exposure to hot water can cause the wood to warp or splinter. These items should be hand washed and dried thoroughly. For optimal results, use a wood conditioner periodically to prolong the life of the wood.
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
Carlisle 4038000 Details
This quality wooden handled Carlisle 4038000 Sparta Chef Series 1"W boar bristle pastry / decorating brush can be used for coating fluffy fresh baked pastries with butter, egg wash, or water. It is made with soft, flagged white boar bristles that are epoxy-set into the handle to ensure bristle retention and fine pastry washes as well as to prevent the accumulation of bacteria. The attractive lacquered hardwood handle and brown nylon ferrule ensure durability for long-lasting use and a high-quality appearance to complement the quality of your food. The fine constitution of the high-absorbency bristles is excellent for use when applying thin liquids such as butter, olive oil, or vinegar-based marinades.
Thanks to its smaller size, this brush is useful for other detailed kitchen tasks such as sealing the edges of stuffed pasta or pierogis. You can use this brush again and again for basting meats and pastries thanks to the durable, water-resistant boar bristles that are secure and built to last. Additionally, round brushes such as this are often used for plating and decorating, as they provide greater control for precision tasks. The bristles can withstand temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The brush features an 8 1/4" wooden handle and a brush width of 1". A hanging hole in the handle provides a convenient way for the utensil to be stored.
Length: 11 3/4"
Handle Length: 8 1/4"
Bristle Trim: 2"
Bristle Width: 1"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register