Carlisle 4039900 Sparta Spectrum Chef Series 4"W Nylon Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush
$11.06/EachShips free with Plus
Other Available Sizes:
- Tapered bristle design makes for great surface coverage; ideal for coating pastries or basting meats
- Epoxy-set to help keep bristles from shedding and prevent the spreading of bacteria
- More durable than imitation polypropylene; easier to clean and maintain than natural boar bristles
- High fluid-retaining capacity and heat resistance
- Lacquered hardwood handle with hanging loop provides a professional feel
You May Also Need
|Carlisle 4039900 Specs|
|Length||9 1/4 Inches|
|Handle Length||7 3/8 Inches|
|Bristle Width||4 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||2 1/4 Inches|
|Features||High Heat Capable|
|Maximum Temperature||500 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
Carlisle 4039900 Details
Try this Carlisle 4039900 Sparta Chef Series 4" wide pastry brush with nylon bristles at your restaurant, cafe, or bakery to help you make deliciously golden pastries and succulent meats with ease! This brush features durable nylon bristles that are the perfect softness for all your basting needs. These bristles have a high fluid retaining capacity, so whether you dip this brush in water, egg, sauce, marinade, or butter, it works to dispense liquid evenly over your pastries as opposed to absorbing it into the bristles.
The generous 4" wide, tapered design and chisel-point trim bristles also work to provide even coverage with every stroke of this brush. With its wide design, this brush is ideal for jobs like basting a roast, buttering phyllo dough sheets, or applying an egg wash on large loaves and pastries. It also works exceptionally well for prepping and basting meats like a delicious rack of ribs. These bristles are also epoxy-set to ferrules which tightly seals them and prevents bacteria from spreading. This helps prevent bristles from falling out, giving you a lasting tool for your kitchen and confidence that unwanted bristles won't make their way into your patrons' food.
This brush also comes with a hole at the end of the handle so you can hang it with your other useful kitchen tools and keep it handy. Plus, a lacquered hardwood handle gives a solid, professional feel to make brushing simple. This brush can alternatively be used to baste meats with your favorite glazes as it is temperature resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Whether you're using this brush to finish your pastries with a flaky, golden crust or dipping it in sauces and ensuring your meats stay moist and flavorful, this brush is a simple tool that boasts a variety of uses.
Handle Length: 7 3/8"
Bristle Trim: 2 1/4"
Bristle Width: 4"
Length: 9 1/4"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
This item is free of the chemical Bisphenol A (BPA) and is safe for food contact.
Other Products from this Line
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register