Neat little brush. Does not hold the way bristle would, but it certainly is super easy to clean and I never have to worry about heat and dishwasher ruining my bristles.
$3.59/EachShips free with Plus
Other Available Sizes:
- Unique rubber bristle design is ideal for carrying and spreading thick liquids across large surfaces
- Convenient molded-in hanging hook grabs pan edges to keep brush from sliding in
- High heat, stain and odor resistances; safe for grilling
- Dishwasher safe and easier to maintain than natural boar bristles; bristles won't fall out
- Handle loop for convenient hanging
|Carlisle 4040305 Specs|
|Length||9 3/4 Inches|
|Handle Length||8 Inches|
|Bristle Width||1 3/4 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||1 3/4 Inches|
|Features|| Hanging Hook|
|Maximum Temperature||500 Degrees F|
|Type|| Flat Brushes|
Customer questions about this product
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
Carlisle 4040305 Details
Uniquely engineered to spread thick liquids better than ordinary silicone basting brushes, the Carlisle 4040305 Sparta 1 3/4"W Silicone Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with Hook is perfect for large and small pastry items alike, including pie crusts and layering dough. Now available with a shorter handle, the 1 3/4" pastry brush is perfect for smaller treats. Thanks to its smaller size, this brush is even useful for other detailed kitchen tasks such as sealing the edges of stuffed pasta or pierogis. The convenient handle allows you to reach corners with precision while the molded hook hangs on the lip of crocks or other containers to keep the brush clean and cool and prevent contamination. The red bristle color indicates that this brush can be used for high heat cooking applications. It withstands temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, making it perfect for high heat situations, from candy making to grilling. The brush's silicone bristles are stain resistant, odor resistant, easy to clean, and they won't fall out, so you can use it over and over without losing the crisp appearance. The Carlisle Sparta 40403 silicone pastry brush features a 1 3/4" brush width and an 8" long handle with an oval loop at the end for easy storage.
Handle Length: 8"
Bristle Trim: 1 3/4"
Bristle Width: 1 3/4"
Length: 9 3/4"
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
Other Products from this Line
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsCarlisle 4037900 Sparta Spectrum 3"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush with Hook
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsCarlisle 4037800 Sparta Spectrum 2"W Boar Bristle Pastry / Basting Brush with Hook
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsCarlisle 4040505 Sparta 2 3/4"W Silicone Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with Hook
Frequently Purchased Together
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 64403 Jacob's Pride 13" Heavy-Duty One-Piece Solid Stainless Spoon
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsAmerican Metalcraft PIZR2 4" Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter with Red Handle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsAnchor Hocking 55177AHG17 16 oz. Clear Glass Measuring Cup
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsChoice 2 Qt. (8 Cups) Clear Plastic Measuring Cup with Gradations
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars9 1/2" Blade Offset Baking / Icing Spatula with Wooden Handle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsChoice 1 Qt. (4 Cups) Clear Plastic Measuring Cup with Gradations
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 20038 Super Pan V 16 1/2" x 24" Footed Stainless Steel Cooling Rack for Full Size Sheet Pan
People Talk About:brush brushes great pastry silicone clean much bristles little works
These are perfect for our smaller size pizzas. unlike the brushes with bristles these do not fall out and get in to your food or product
This is a good little brush. I very much dislike traditional brushes as they bunch up or lose fibers over time. This will last us a while.
These silicone pastry brushes are amazing! They hold up well to heat and evenly distribute whatever your're using it with! Bonus, the bristles don't fall out like traditional brushes and it's plastic handle is so much easier to clean that a wood-handled brush!
This is a very well designed brush. The brush is wide enough and the silicone bristles are just the right amount of density and flexibility.
This is a decent brush, but the structure of the strands is a bit funky. I found it grabbed thicker sauces or sauces with particulates decently, but thinner sauces it may struggle with. For what you are paying though this is a strong contender.
The silicone bristles on this pastry brush are very high quality and do not rip or tear after multiple uses or washes. The silicone is also very easy to clean.
This pastry brush is easy to use, easy to clean and is of good quality. I would recommend and I would buy it again if I needed another one.
This is a nice silicone brush. Instead of being smooth strands, the bristles are a series of little dots that hold oil or butter so much better than other silicone brushes.
I really like this silicone brush. I use it to apply marinades to meat. It holds the marinade and applies it very well. This is super easy to clean, which is my favorite part about it. I detest using real brushes for applying marinades because it's impossible to get them 100% clean. I also really like the hook on it, so you can hang it from your bowl. Would purchase this again in a second!
Great pastry brush. Silicone makes it easier to clean. I've used it with egg washes and glazes with no issues whatsoever so far. It is an essential baking item.
Use this brush for buttering my garlic bread sticks. The hanging hole at the top of the handle, as well as the little hook on the side near the bottom are great features. Super durable, been using the same two brushes for a couple years. Can definitely give this product the highest recommendation.
Dishwasher safe!!! I love that feature because most of the time you are using fat along with a pastry brush. The heat of a dishwasher makes these so much easier to clean. The brush coats well, too.
I was looking for a unit that could go in the dishwasher and opted for this. Used a couple of times for basting and it more glops liquid that painting it on like a real brush.
Thank you for your feedback! We’re sorry you did not prefer this product. For recommendations, please contact our Customer Solutions team.
I like it that this pastry brush has a hook in the back. The hook hold the brush from slipping, and it locks and stays in place on side of bowl where you rest it.
I bought the Carlisle Silicone Pastry Brush to replace my old silicone brushes. I really like that this brush is one single piece. (My old silicone brush heads were removable and constantly coming apart every time I used them.) This is a solid brush and perfect for applying melted butter. I also like the fact it is dishwasher-friendly, which makes clean up a breeze!
Brush works good for putting butter on already cooked items, but not good for putting egg wash on unbaked goods. The quality is good on these would recommend.
I like the shape of this pastry brush, the handle is much more comfortable than most pastry brushes. But i don't know if i like the bristles, I haven't had a problem with them yet but on soft things like pie dough im always afraid im going to break the dough. The bristles re really easy to clean too which is a plus, there's no egg chunks getting stuck in the hairs.,
This silicone pastry brush is exactly what I was looking for. Previously I had a brush that shed way too much, but this brush is great and easy to clean.
These little brushes work pretty good. They hold a lot of butter but it runs off pretty quick. a regular brush might hold less but it stays in better. probably a wash.
User Submitted Photos & Videos
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register