OXO 73881 Good Grips 1 1/2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with Non-Slip Grip
Other Available Sizes:
- Natural boar bristles are durable and water resistant
- Sealed base keeps liquids on bristles and away from the core of the brush
- High absorbency boar bristles retain and spread thin liquids more efficiently than nylon or silicone
- Angled brush head keeps bristles off of prep surfaces
- Great for delicate tasks
|OXO 73881 Specs|
|Handle Length||6 1/2 Inches|
|Bristle Width||1 1/2 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||1 1/2 Inches|
Customer questions about this product
- Why are the bristles falling out of my brush?
- To increase the longevity of your brush, we do not recommend using this brush in high heat applications. Although the bristles are set with a very strong epoxy, high temperatures can cause the epoxy to soften, resulting in loose bristles which may easily fall out.
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
OXO 73881 Details
The features of the OXO 73881 Good Grips 1 1/2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with Non-Slip Grip will take your pastry prep and basting to another level. The boar bristles of this pastry brush provide a number of benefits including softness and pliability that allow you to accurately glaze your baked goods for a consistent presentation in every batch. It can be used for butter, sauces, and egg washes in addition to barbecue sauces. Thanks to its smaller size, this brush is also useful for other detailed kitchen tasks such as sealing the edges of stuffed pasta or pierogis. Its boar bristles are more absorbent and transfer more liquid than other basting brushes, keeping your kitchen staff fast and efficient while providing enhanced flavor for your best baked goods. Additionally, they work better for applying thin liquids like butter, olive oil, or vinegar-based marinades.
The hole at the tip of the brush's handle allows for efficient hanging storage, while the soft, non-slip grip allows you to maintain control even when hands are wet. The boar bristles of this pastry brush are naturally heat-resistant, which lets you safely baste chicken cutlets, beef brisket, and ham roasts straight out of the oven. With its innovative angled head, the brush tip allows you set the brush down and rest on countertops without the bristles touching the surface. This not only preserves the basting liquids remaining on the bristles but also provides a cleaner kitchen environment. The bristles resist clumping and frizzing as well, providing you with a kitchen tool you and your staff can depend on year in and year out.
Handle Length: 6 1/2"
Bristle Trim: 1 1/2"
Bristle Width: 1 1/2"
This item is free of the chemical Bisphenol A (BPA) and is safe for food contact.
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
This item can safely be used in the microwave for food service applications.
People Talk About:pan oven outside juices fantastic dipped cut brush bristles basting
This brush is fantastic for pastry use and for basting outside the oven. However, I dipped it in pan juices to baste a roast I was preparing and some of the bristles burnt and were cut short. Be careful!
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register