Great pastry brush. I often make empanadas. and this pastry brush was the perfect size for brushing the egg whites on to that awkward shaped pastry. I also make a lot of hor d'oeuvres so I know I'll find many more uses or this product.
$1.65/EachShips free with Plus
Other Available Sizes:
- Sterilized nylon bristles with high fluid-retaining capacity for spreading smoothly and evenly
- Easier to clean and maintain than natural boar bristles
- Sturdy lacquered wood handle and brown plastic ferrule provide exceptional durability for long-lasting use
- Hole in the handle allows for convenient storage
- Perfect for glazing pastries and meats
|Length||8 1/4 Inches|
|Handle Length||5 1/4 Inches|
|Bristle Width||1 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||2 1/8 Inches|
|Product Type||Brushes, Bottles, & Basters|
Customer questions about this product
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
- Is this wooden-handled utensil dishwasher safe?
- Utensils with wooden handles are not dishwasher safe; exposure to hot water can cause the wood to warp or splinter. These items should be hand washed and dried thoroughly. For optimal results, use a wood conditioner periodically to prolong the life of the wood.
Try this 1"W nylon bristle pastry / basting brush at your restaurant, cafe, or bakery to help you make deliciously golden pastries and baked goods with ease! This brush features durable nylon bristles that are the perfect softness for all your basting needs. The attractive lacquered wood handle and brown nylon ferrule ensures durability for long-lasting use and a high-quality appearance to complement the quality of your food. Whether you dip this brush in water, egg, or butter, the flat-trim bristles work to spread liquids smoothly over your pastries, providing even coverage with every stroke. This makes them effective for spreading an even glaze or egg wash on food surfaces to achieve a golden brown crust. Alternatively, the brush can be used to baste meats with glazes and marinades.
Thanks to its smaller size, this brush is useful for detailed kitchen tasks such as spreading icing and sealing the edges of stuffed pasta or pierogis. The bristles of the brush are firmly set into the plastic ferrule to ensure bristle retention, preventing bristles from falling out and giving you a lasting set of tools that will help maintain the quality and integrity of your food. Additionally, the brush features a hole at the end of the handle so you can keep it handy alongside your other kitchen tools. Whether you're using it to finish your pastries with a flaky, golden crust or dipping them in sauces and ensuring your meats stay moist and flavorful, this versatile brush is sure to meet the needs of your operation.
Overall Length: 8 1/4"
Handle Length: 5 1/4"
Bristle Trim: 2 1/8"
Bristle Width: 1"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
People Talk About:bristle brush egg inch nylon sauce baked bakery basting big
Very happy with this product. The sizing is perfect, not too big but a great size for basting or for egg washing. I highly recommend
The 1 inch Nylon Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush works really well for spreading egg wash on bread. I'm not sure that it can spread a lot of thick sauce on brisket, but glazes work well!
This 1 inch nylon bristle brush is not only good for using in the bakery or at home on baked goods, its also good for putting sauce on meat.
User Submitted Photos & Videos
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register