iSi B20040 1 5/16"W Silicone Bristle Dual Pastry / Basting Brush
$5.83/EachShips free with Plus
- Ideal for coating pastries or basting sauces and marinades on meat
- Curved handle design keeps hands away from hot spatters
- High heat resistance up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit is great for grill applications
- Detachable brush head snaps onto either end for horizontal or vertical basting
- Super hygienic silicone bristles are quick and easy to clean in the dishwasher
|iSi B20040 Specs|
|Bristle Width||1 5/16 Inches|
High Heat Capable
|Maximum Temperature||600 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
iSi B20040 Details
This iSi B20040 1 5/16"W silicone bristle dual pastry / basting brush is ideal for brushing thick liquids over meats and can also be used for lighter applications like coating pastries and other confectionery items. Use this versatile brush for jobs like basting a roast with thick sauces and marinades, buttering phyllo dough sheets, or applying an egg wash on large loaves and pastries. Thanks to the brush's 11" length and super convenient curved design, you can easily reach corners with precision while keeping your hands a safe distance away to avoid hot spatters from items cooking on the grill or stovetop. Additionally, the silicone bristle head is detachable and it can be snapped onto either end for vertical or horizontal basting.
Capable of withstanding temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, this brush is an excellent choice for high heat applications, from grilling to candy-making. The brush's silicone bristles are thick, durable, and easy to clean. Best of all, they won't fall out, so you can use the brush over and over without compromising its performance or appearance. Plus, silicone bristles offer the most hygienic design compared to brushes with bristles made from other materials. Just detach the silicone head and toss both pieces in the dishwasher to get it squeaky clean after each use. This iSi pastry / basting brush features a 1 5/16" width and an 11" long handle with a loop at both ends for convenient storage.
Bristle Width: 1 5/16"
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register