Town 34716 16" Hand Hammered Cantonese Wok
- Quantity Discounts!
|Buy 1 - 2||$10.99/Each|
Other Available Sizes:
- 18-gauge (1.25 mm) cold-forged steel construction
"You May Also Need" items are guaranteed to work with the item you are viewing, such as lids that will fit a cup or casters that will fit a piece of equipment. If an item is not listed in this section, we do not guarantee that it will work with the product you are viewing and do not recommend that you purchase them for use together.
Pan seasoning is essential for keeping your pans performing their best in your kitchen. This instructional video will show you the proper steps to seasoning your cooking pans based on their material.
|Height||4 3/4 Inches|
|Top Diameter||16 Inches|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between a Mandarin wok and a Cantonese wok?
- The difference is in the style of the handle. Mandarin woks feature a long stick handle, while Cantonese woks have two small loop handles, giving cooks a choice of whichever best fits their style.
- What's the difference between a riveted and a welded handle?
- A riveted handle is connected by small metal pieces (called rivets) that are crushed between the handle and the pan body to attach them together. This type of handle is more common on copper and aluminum cookware.
For a handle to be welded, the metal must first be melted and then adhered to the pan body. This creates a strong bond that leaves little to no space in between, so bacteria and other food crumbs can’t collect and cause sanitation issues. Both are long lasting solutions for fry and sauce pan handles because they are durable and can withstand heat.
- My item arrived coated with a thin layer of oil. What is this oil for, and is it ready for immediate use?
- Some carbon steel pans and woks are shipped with a protective oil coating from the factory to prevent them from rusting before their first use. They must be thoroughly washed with warm soapy water to remove all traces of the oil, and then properly seasoned before use.
This Town 34716 16" hand hammered Cantonese wok is made of durable 18-gauge cold-forged steel for added strength and comes with riveted handles. It fits a 13" chamber.
Top Diameter: 16"
Height: 4 3/4"
Asian Woks, Wok Covers, and Wok Rings
Chinese / Asian Take-Out Containers
Appetizer and Tasting Dishes
Reusable Chopsticks and Chopstick Holders
Chinese Soup Spoons, Ladles, and Turners
Foil Insulated Bags
Frequently Purchased Together
Town 53180 11" Bamboo Wok Brush
Town 34915 15" Aluminum Wok Cover
10" Wok Ring
Town 34714 14" Hand Hammered Cantonese Wok
Town 34702 14" Mandarin Carbon Steel Wok with Wood Handle
People Talk About:wok heat price seasoned steel cooks heats woks catch definitely
I was cautiously optimistic. Hand hammered carbon steel wok at this price? What's the catch? There isn't one. It has seasoned incredibly well, and the steel is thin enough to blast the heat directly to your foot and cool immediately once heat is removed. I love this wok.
Rob L. Posted on 05/23/2016
Decent carbon steel wok, good size for family stir fry or multiple portions at restaurant. Must be thoroughly washed (awful oil coating) and seasoned prior to use. Otherwise it will rust very quickly. Rust can be removed and pan seasoned. Good bang for the buck, althogh rather thin.
Michael P. from Mike's Mindful Plate Posted on 04/02/2015
I am not satisfied with this product. low quality for a wok . Very hard to use. I wont be using this to cook ever again.
Shea C. Posted on 01/06/2015
Thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the wok you purchased. We suggest pairing it with a Wok Ring for the best results.
WebstaurantStore Customer Solutions
I wondered what was the catch when I saw the low price.. haven't found it yet. Excellent bang for the buck, just give it a good clean before you use it.
Martin G. Posted on 08/14/2013
I've had a few other woks over the years, but this is my go to wok when making Chinese food. It's very durable, well priced, and heats evenly.
Kiera S. Posted on 08/19/2012
This wok is amazing! The price was definitely unbeatable, and the quality surpasses my expectations. Very evident that it is hand hammered, which I like. Conducts heat as it should, and cooks beautifully. I would definitely recommend.
Kathryn O. from Kathryn Posted on 07/30/2011
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register