Guittard 25 lb. 63% Bittersweet .9M Chips
- Deep, bitter chocolate showcasing subtle hints of vanilla
- Uniform chocolate chips create easy tempering and more accurate measuring for recipes
- Cocoa beans used are ethically sourced
- Perfect for cake, pastry cream, truffles, and ice cream
- Crafted with superior ingredients to showcase the natural terroir and post-harvest practices
Guittard Chocolate Company
Other Products from this Line
Guittard 25 lb. 30% Milk Chocolate 1M Baking Chips
plus $112.99 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. Butterscotch 1M Chips
plus $102.99 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. Organic 55% Bittersweet .9M Baking Chips
plus $158.99 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. 41% Semisweet Chocolate 1M Baking Chips
plus $86.99 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. Organic 55% Bittersweet 4M Chips
plus $158.99 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. White .9M Baking Chips
plus $86.49 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. White 4M Baking Chips
plus $86.49 / Case
Guittard 25 lb. 41% Semisweet Chocolate 4M Baking Chips
plus $86.99 / Case
|Made in America||Yes|
|Package Size||25 lb.|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the best way to store baking chips & add ins / ice cream toppings?
- This product should be stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight and should be protected from moisture.
- What does the "M" stand for when referring to 1M, 4M, etc. baking chips? What is the difference between these types of baking chips?
- The "M" in the titles refers to the baking chips’ count per pound. So for example, 1M relates to 1000 chips per pound whereas 4M baking chips have a slightly smaller size and you can get 4 times the amount for a total of 4000 chips per pound. 1M is typically regarded as a standard size. Number values below 1 will have a larger size diameter and less chips per pound, whereas numbers greater than 1 will be smaller in diameter but you'll get more chips per pound. The graphic below allows you to see the difference between the many sizes we carry on our site.
The Guittard 25 lb. 63% bittersweet .9M baking chips have been carefully made from bean to cocoa, crafted with generations of French artisan chocolate-making experience. With a deep, bitter chocolate flavor and subtle hints of vanilla, these chips are made with superior ingredients to showcase the natural terroir and post-harvest practices. When making these chips, Guittard only uses a special blend of cacao beans, transforming the natural beauty of cacao into uniform chocolate chips. For further improvements on their chocolate's flavor and quality, Guittard continuously works with the government and local organizations in the cacao's country of origin, protecting the natural flavor profiles of the regions' cacao to ensure the unique taste and aroma for all of their chocolates.
Monitoring every step in the chocolate making process is essential for Guittard as they pride themselves on achieving the most natural flavor profile, ensuring eco-friendly and long-lasting growing practices, and equality for all of their growers. Guittard then invests in various ways of naturally fermenting cacao beans to develop certain flavor characteristics, and then sun drying beans that are specifically raked in traditional drying patterns. From there, the beans are shipped to Guittard's state-of-the-art headquarters in California to finish the carefully curated process of turning naturally grown cacao into Guittard's famous chocolate.
Essential for any bakery, chocolate shop, or restaurant, cafe, and gelateria that uses the finest products, these chips are more than an ingredient: they are the multi-dimensional element that takes your recipe to the next level. Temper these chips to create the perfect set, snap, and shine to coat your truffles, fresh fruits, or to create chocolate masterpieces to adorn cakes or make into showpieces. Melt the chips to use as an ingredient when baking airy souffles, spongy cakes, rich ganache, silky pastry cream, or smooth ice cream. Or, fold these chips into your batters for signature, premium baked goods.
For five generations, Guittard has been endlessly evolving their artisanal craft to bring the most flavorful, sustainable, and socially responsible chocolate to the industry. During the California Gold Rush in the mid 1800's, Etienne Guittard discovered the demand his chocolate garnered among the wealthy chocolate miners and, with his newfound passion, grew his business into a leader in the chocolate industry. Through their stewardship, Guittard has donated funding, time, and product to community projects across America, worked to continually reduce their environmental impact, and empowered their cacao growers in order to obtain a chocolate that contains optimal flavor, quality, and value. At Guittard, their chocolate not only enhances flavor profiles, but helps them unite the world through social responsibility, sustainability, and equality. It's true what they say: chocolate cures all.
This item is gluten-free per the manufacturer.
This product does not contain tree nuts or peanuts.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item does not contain any genetically modified ingredients.
Orthodox Union Dairy Kosher
This item is certified dairy Kosher by the Orthodox Union.
People Talk About:chocolate content high melt flavor filling filled fat easily dark
These chocolate chips have a high enough cacao content to be packed with dark chocolate flavor, but they are still sweet, and they have a high enough fat content for baking. We find that they melt easily for filling chocolate croissants and other filled pastries.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register