- Designed to smoothly cut through hard cheeses like cheddar
- Fork tip helps serve sliced cheese
- Durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle resists fading and discoloration
- Forged in a 40-step process that begins with a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
|Wusthof 1040135214 Specs|
|Length||4 3/4 Inches|
|Blade Material||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
|Cheese Type||Hard Cheese|
|Handle Style||Single Handle|
|Material||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
Customer questions about this product
- Can this knife be washed in a dishwasher?
- No, hand washing with soapy water and sanitizer solution is always recommended. When placed in a dishwasher, the process will often rust and cause damage to the edges of the blade.
Wusthof 1040135214 Details
Give your kitchen an extra edge with this Wusthof 1040135214 Classic 4 3/4" forged hard cheese knife with POM handle. This hard cheese knife is designed to smoothly cut through hard cheeses like cheddar. Its carefully crafted fork tip helps serve sliced cheese. Wusthof's best-selling line for generations, the Classic collection features a wide range of premium, forged cutlery with POM handles to meet a kitchen's every need.
All Wusthof Classic cutlery is forged in a 40-step process that begins with a single blank of high carbon stainless steel. Each piece of Classic cutlery features a full tang that is triple-riveted to the handle, offering the user precision-level control. They also feature a full bolster and finger guard for optimal, comfortable use. Each piece features a durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle stickered with the red Trident logo. POM has a tighter molecular structure than many handle material options, which allows it to resist fading and discoloration. Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention, which helps keep your cutlery sharp and minimizes downtime spent honing and sharpening edges. Blades in the Classic collection have all been tempered to 58 degrees on the Rockwell scale.
Founded in 1814 in Solingen, Germany, Wusthof is an expert knifemaker, family-owned for 7 generations. Known affectionately as the "The City of Blades," Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. With such an illustrious history, the name Solingen is protected by "The Solingen Decree," which ensures and indicates the exacting standards of knives made in the area. The company's red trident represents its three core values professional chefs can expect to encounter in every Wusthof blade: passion, diligence, and perfection.
Length: 4 3/4"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
Resources and Downloads for
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Other Products from this Line
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsWusthof 1040100120 Classic 8" Forged Cook's Knife with POM Handle
$170.00 / Each
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsWusthof 1040131314 Classic 5" Forged Hollow Edge Santoku Knife with POM Handle
$150.00 / Each
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsWusthof 1040100409 Classic 3 1/2" Forged Smooth Edge Paring Knife with POM Handle
$95.00 / Each
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register