Industry standard for a reason. Great little knife, easy to keep sharp on a honing rod, and a bit of an upgrade over cheaper brands if you're setting up a lineup of house knives that you plan on maintaining yourself rather than using a knife service. If you plan to put this in a knife bag, be aware most edge guards don't cover the last couple millimeters of the edge going toward the handle, but the Victorinox brand shell style cover works very well.
Other Available Sizes:
- Perfect for a wide range of cutting tasks in restaurant and catering kitchens
- Wide blade helps lift and move ingredients and chopped foods
- Length allows you to cut large pieces of product at one time
- Durable, black, slip-resistant Fibrox handle
- Made from high-carbon stainless steel
- Sharp, high-quality blade won't discolor or corrode
- Victorinox lasts up to 60% longer than typical knives
Other Products from this Line
- Victorinox 5.6603.15 6" Semi-Stiff Narrow Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7203.20-X2 8" Breaking Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2063.20-X4 8" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7423.25 10" Granton Edge Butcher Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.1003.81-X3 8-Piece Ultimate Knife Set with Black Fibrox Pro Handle
- Victorinox 5.7803.12 5" Beef Skinning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2003.25-X5 10" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.1003.71-X4 7-Piece Knife Set with Black Fibrox Pro Handle
- Victorinox 5.2933.26-X10 10 1/4" Curved Serrated Bread Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7423.25-X3 10" Granton Edge Butcher Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7423.20-X1 8" Butcher Knife with Granton Edge and Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.1003.73-X2 7-Piece Fibrox Knife Set with Carrying Case
- Victorinox 5.7203.25-X1 10" Breaking Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6613.15 6" Flexible Curved Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 6.1203.36 14" Cheese Knife with Double Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.5903.09M 3 3/4" Poultry Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2033.19-X1 7 1/2" Serrated Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2003.31-X2 12" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7323.25 10" Granton Edge Cimeter Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7403.31-X1 12" Butcher Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7903.12 5" Lamb Skinning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7423.31 12" Butcher Knife with Granton Edge and Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.4723.36 14" Slicing Knife with Granton Edge and Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7403.25 10" Butcher Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 6.1203.30 12" Cheese Knife with Double Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7803.15 6" Butcher/Skinning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6603.15-X3 6" Semi-Stiff Narrow Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 7.4012-X10 7-Piece Fibrox Handle Culinary Knife Set
- Victorinox 5.6613.12 5" Curved Flexible Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7303.36 14" Cimeter Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7303.31-X1 12" Cimeter Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2003.19-X2 7 1/2" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2003.25 10" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6413.15 6" Flexible Narrow Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2003.31 12" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7303.25 10" Cimeter Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.5903.11M 4" Poultry Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.7323.25-X1 10" Granton Edge Cimeter Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6603.12 5" Curved Semi-Stiff Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.1193.8-X2 8 Piece Fibrox Handle Knife Block
- Victorinox 5.7303.31 12" Cimeter Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2933.26 10 1/4" Curved Serrated Bread Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.4723.30-X5 12" Granton Edge Slicing / Carving Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6613.15-X1 6" Flexible Curved Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.4203.36 14" Slicing Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6023.15 6" Boning Knife with Granton Edge and Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.6403.15-X4 6" Stiff Narrow Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle
- Victorinox 5.2003.15-X8 6" Chef Knife with Fibrox Handle
Chop, slice, and mince fruits, vegetables, and meats with this Victorinox 40520 8" chef knife!
The perfect addition to any prep cook's knife set, this chef's knife features a sharp, pointed blade that makes quick work of a variety of common kitchen tasks. Designed for exceptional durability, Victorinox lasts up to 60% longer than typical knives, making this piece a valuable workhorse. Plus, its stamped construction makes it an economical choice, as well.
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
"Fantastic knife, great blade shape and its razor sharp out of the packaging. The knife is easy to keep sharp and holds a great edge. The forward bolster positions your hand perfectly on the blade."Read More Reviews
High-Carbon Steel Blade
Crafted from high-carbon stainless steel, this knife's blade is built strong to provide you with the ability to create smooth, accurate cuts. The pointed tip is great for cutting through tough skins and rinds, while its slightly-curved design allows you to chop ingredients fast.
This knife features a durable, slip-resistant Fibrox handle with contours to ensure that the knife will fit comfortably in your hand as you tackle food preparation tasks.
Customer Q&AAsk a Question
Compare to Other Products
- Blade Length:8 Inches
- Maximum Blade Width:2 Inches
Resources and Downloads for
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
Frequently Purchased Together
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVictorinox 5.0603.S 3 1/4" Spear Point Paring Knife with Small Black Nylon Handle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVictorinox 5.3003.S 3 1/4" Spear Point Paring Knife with Large Black Nylon Handle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVictorinox 5.0703.S 4" Spear Point Paring Knife with Large Black Nylon Handle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVictorinox 5.3103.S 2 1/4" Bird's Beak Paring Knife with Nylon Handle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVictorinox 5.0607-X1 3 1/4" Paring Knife with White Nylon Handle
- Rated 4 out of 5 starsDexter-Russell 29123 V-Lo 12" Oval Diamond Knife Sharpening Steel with Black Handle
- Rated 4 out of 5 starsVictorinox 5.0203.S 6 1/4" Ambidextrous Vegetable Peeler with Straight Stainless Steel Blade
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsTablecraft 2918P 18" Black Magnetic Knife Holder / Strip
People Talk About:knife great sharp handle price knives edge easy comfortable excellent
I love this knife. It's fantastic. I was happy to find it here for a great price. It's held up well after many years of use.
I love this knife. I got it on the recommendation of America's Test Kitchen, and I'm very happy I did. It's a great price for a knife that retains its sharpness well. It's also a great size. Highly recommended.
Fantastic knife, great blade shape and its razor sharp out of the packaging. The knife is easy to keep sharp and holds a great edge. The forward bolster positions your hand perfectly on the blade.
The undisputed king of the entry level Chef Knives. Quality steel. Made in Switzerland. Nice grippy handle. All around an excellent value for those looking to step up their kitchen game with a better knife. You can get several years of use out of this if you take care of it.
This is an amazing knife - lightweight, sharp, and very maneuverable. It's great for people with small hands and it's America's Test Kitchen's choice for best chef's knife. The edge holds for a long time and because the handle isn't wood you can put it in the dishwasher in a pinch (but I wouldn't recommend it).
Victorinox is a great brand. Very impressed with how it cuts. High quality, and the price is excellent . We use it for cooking . Highly recommend .
This is my kitchen workhorse! Makes quick work of vegetables of all kinds. I use it to process dates into a fine paste- no food processor needed. Very comfortable and very sharp after almost a year of use.
Great knife, exactly as described. Fits well in the hand and is used as any other chef knife would be used. Cleans easily and doesn't really have any places for food items to cake up inside.
This chef nice was an excellent purchase!!! We use it daily and has held up great so far!!! You can't beat the price either for sure
purchased this knife to replace a few older dull ones and figured it would cost less to buy this than to sharpen and get the others into tip top shape. this knife is no joke so be careful it will go through paper, plastic, tomatoes, meat (including fingers and hands) use it for everything from chopping onions to slicing meat and tomatoes to cutting up apples for pies. a pleasure to use and so glad we have this in the kitchen
Great knife! Purchased as a gift for my son, I love mine so much. The knife is properly weighted and is comfortable to use, highly recommend.
This is a gorgeous, razor sharp knife which balances well in the hand. The heavy weight blade doesnt flex during use and handle is very comfortable to use over a long period of time. The fibrox (plastic) handle is impervious to scratches and dings, and is dishwasher safe, unlike wood. I love this knife and highly recommend it.
This is an excellent knife, especially for the price. It feels good in my hand, being the perfect weight. The textured plastic grip makes it easy to hold even with wet hands. I would highly recommend it to anybody wanting a knife for home use or for kitchens where the cook won't be bringing their own knives.
Hands down one of the best sized chef's knife for everyday use. The quality of the cutting given the lightweight design on first holding is completely dispelled and is a joy to handle and slice. The knife handles comfortably well when used with wet dripping hands as it does with dry hands. The clean up is a breeze and the handle does not soak up any water despite the given porous texture of the fibrox handle. Will definitely buy more of these.
Excellent chef knife for the price. Dishwasher safe and clean hygienic handle. If you use a knife steel on it frequently you won't have to get it sharpened for a long time. I have had mine for over 3 years and still top condition and sharp. But of course its like habit to me to run it on the steel almost every time.
This is my go-to knife. It is strong without being heavy. Stays sharp and is extremely comfortable in the hand. This was recommended by a magazine and it definitely does not disappoint.
Best all-around chef's knife out there. It won't set you back much, but it cuts like it did just that. It has excellent steel, a nice sturdy no-slip handle, and it is well balanced. There are more aesthetically pleasing knives out there, but not more functional. This knife will surpass all expectations, in relation to function.
I bought this knife after reading great review on it in a magazine. I really love this knife! It is razor sharp and has a fantastic feel to it. It makes chopping up veggies effortless. I own serveral Victorinox knifes and this one does not disappoint. Very high quality knife at a low price.
This knife is unbeatable in price and performance. The knife holds a razor sharp edge, and if it loses the edge it is very easy to sharpen. Would repurchase. My wife also loves this knife.
I have heard about this knife over the years, and I wish it didn't take me this long to finally purchase one. This knife is the best knife I have ever used. The size is perfect and the grip of the Fibrox handle keeps your hand from sliding when you cut things with lots of moisture or grease. It is sharp and cuts very easily. It is of a very good quality. The price is right, as well. A great buy!!!
After reading magazines rave review of this knife, I bought one. I love everything about it...it's well constructed and holds an edge. HIghly recommended! Five Stars!!!
If you need a pretty good knife that will face a lot of abuse, this is a great one. Compared to other knives in the price range, it's very good, but compared to a $100 knife, its flaws are quite apparent. I replaced this with a Wusthof Classic, and after using that, it became clear that the Victorniox doesn't hold a sharp edge nearly as well or for as long, and the handle is much more awkward and uncomfortable. In my experience, the handle, which claims to be slip resistant, is quite slippery if you're working with something fatty or greasy. All in all, it's a great knife for the price. I'd give it 5 stars if comparing it to similarly priced knives, but only 3 stars compared to a $100 knife...so I think a 4 star overall rating is appropriate.
I use this knife but in a different color at work. These types of knives are really great. They are easy to use and comfortable. This specific knife is great to cut through vegetables, fruits or even meats. The quality of the knife does not deteriorate and the prices on this site are the best you will find anywhere. I have looked for victorinox knives on other sites and they are way more expensive. Great prices for great products!
Excellent knife for kitchens and cooks. Keeps a decent edge with minimal upkeep, easy to hone on steel or stone. First knife out of my roll when I am on the line. Price is reasonable enough that i dont have to worry when another cook grabs my knife while beating out the dexters that most kitchens stock as they house knives. Overall I would recommend these knives to anyone starting out in the restaurant industry, at home cooks, or house knives for kitchens.
Another excellent product from Victorinox. This knife is the perfect size to be an all around utility knife for any kitchen. As with all Victorinox Blades they are easy to sharpen and hold an edge for a long time.
I wanted some sharp knives and started with the 8" chief knife I used for the first time and it sliced thru the chuck roast I was preparing for supper. It was like cutting thru butter. Great knife! Lois G
Excellent Chef's knife for general all purpose kitchen chores, does very well at chopping and dicing. Comfortable grip, maintains an edge very well, very easy to touch up with honing bar. Excellent product for the price.
Best price on the Web. This knife is top-rated by several renowned reviewing sites. Comfortable, well-balanced, and sharp. A great value for anyone serious about his/her equipment.
8" Chef: 5 out of 5, The chef's knife is always the most important knife in the kitchen and Victorinox does not disappoint offering an extremely sharp edge that cuts through everything I have thrown at it with ease. 8" is a great size, and the grip is perfect allowing for several different grips perfectly. I actually like the fact that it is stamped and therefore a bit thinner than a forged knife, because it allows you to make more delicate cuts in task like mincing an onion.
Probably like many others, I bought this because of its recommendation in Cooks Illustrated. As far as relatively inexpensive chef's knives go, this one is definitely superior to the cheap one I bought at a retail store as a stand-in until this one arrived.
I decided to buy this knife after reading several articles in Cook's Illustrated. I am glad I did! The knife looks simple -- aside from somewhat unusual shape. But it is extremely comfortable to use -- it is "just right" for most of the tasks and feels better than any chef knife I tried before.
very impress of this knife. We prep veges more than 10 full size bin in a day by knife. past 1 week still sharp, not too big, not too small size. very comfortable grip.
this is a very nice knife. it cuts very easily. it stays sharp for a very long time it is easy to sharpen and easy to clean.
This knife does not have the balance of a forged knife, but for our purposes (heavy use with lots of untrained students) it has worked very well. The blade has remained fairly sharp, and the handle is comfortable.
Sharp and easy enough for all of us deli gals to handle. The guys like it, too, since it's sharp and does the job right. Hopefully it will stay sharp for a while. :-)
For an inexpensive knife, I was very impressed. It sharpens easily, holds an edge, blade feels sturdy and is easy to handle. A perfect knife to take along on holidays or to the cabin when you don't want to take your expensive chef knives with you.
Very few products give "bang for the buck" but this is one of them. Got mine for way more at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon and a price match...don't spend big bucks on a name...get this one!
I read about this knife at americastestkithen.com. It was rated the #1 chef knife. Highly Recommended Forschner Victorinox Fibrox Chef’s Knife Comments: One tester summed it up: “Premium-quality knife at a bargain price.” Knives costing four times as much would be hard pressed to match its performance. The blade is curved and sharp; the handle comfortable. Overall, “sturdy” and “well balanced.”
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register