We bought the rapi-kool cooling paddle to cool the soups and sauces for portioning. They are large enough to cool soups or sauces in a large pot. We are very happy with the purchase.
Other Available Sizes:
- Key component in helping your kitchen maintain HACCP compliance
- Perfect for rapidly cooling soups and other foods that can't go into a blast chiller
- Innovative cooling fins provide maximum surface area for faster chilling
- Smooth exterior makes it easy to remove foods; makes it easy to clean and sanitize
- Made of durable polycarbonate to stand tough against freezing-heating cycles
Customers Also Viewed
- Vigor Polar Paddle 2 Liter; (67 oz.) Blue Cooling Paddle
- Vigor Polar Paddle 2 Liter; (67 oz.) Blue Cooling Paddle - 2/Pack
- San Jamar RCU642 Rapi-Kool® ; 2L (64 oz.) Rapid Cooling Paddle - 2/Pack
- Vollrath 7022 Traex® ; 2L (67 oz.) Safety Mate™; Insta Chill®; Cooling Paddle
Quickly and easily cool foods from the "inside out" with this San Jamar RCU64 64 oz. Rapi-Kool® cooling paddle!
This cooling paddle is a great way to rapidly cool soups and other foods that can't go into a blast chiller. Simply fill with water and freeze, then place in your piping hot foods to rapidly bring them out of the temperature danger zone. Once cool, remove the paddle and store your foods until ready for service. The smooth exterior of the paddle makes it easy to remove foods to reduce waste, while also ensuring the paddle is easy to clean and sanitize. It also has a wide temperature range from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 195 degrees Fahrenheit. This paddle comes with two caps and one smart chart that serves as a visual representation of how to use the Rapi-Kool® cooling paddle.
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
This item can withstand low temperature applications and is safe for freezer storage.
"This rapid cooling paddle works great for rapidly cooling our bulk amounts of sides and stews. I fits easily in our small freezer as well."Read More Reviews
Innovative cooling fins provide maximum surface area for faster chilling to reduce the amount of time foods are in the temperature danger zone.
Easy to Use
To use, simply fill the paddle with water to the line and then freeze it. Place directly into piping hot liquids to cool quickly and evenly.
This cooling paddle is made of durable polycarbonate to stand tough against freezing-heating cycles.
For Best Results
This paddle is an essential HACCP component. For the best results, allow boiling soups or stews to cool below 190 degrees Fahrenheit before inserting the paddle. It is also advised that the frozen paddle adjust to room temperature for a short period of time, before entering very hot foods. If not used properly, this extreme temperature change could shorten the paddle's lifespan.
- Diameter:5 1/8 Inches
- Height:13 5/8 Inches
- Capacity:64 oz.
Other Products from this Line
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsSan Jamar RCU1282 Rapi-Kool® ; 4L (128 oz.) Rapid Cooling Paddle - 2/Pack
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsSan Jamar RCU128 Rapi-Kool® ; 4L (128 oz.) Rapid Cooling Paddle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsSan Jamar RCU128V2 Rapi-Kool® ; Plus 4L (128 oz.) Rapid Cooling Paddle
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsSan Jamar RCU64V2 Rapi-Kool® ; Plus 2L (64 oz.) Rapid Cooling Paddle
Frequently Purchased Together
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsMedique 745M1 First Aid Kit Cabinet - 896 Piece, 3-Shelf
- Rated 4 out of 5 starsVollrath 47974 14 Qt. Stainless Steel Colander with Base and Handles
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsTablecraft 1022 10 1/4" Reinforced Heavy-Duty Tin Strainer
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsChef Master 2.5 Gallon Plastic Salad Spinner / Dryer with Brake
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsTaylor 9999T Anti-Bacterial Thermometer Probe Wipes - 70/Pack
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 30062 Super Pan V® Full Size 6" Deep Anti-Jam Stainless Steel Steam Table / Hotel Pan - 22 Gauge
- Rated 4 out of 5 starsTaylor 9842FDA 4 3/4" Waterproof Digital Pocket Probe Thermometer
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsTaylor 8215N 8" Superior Grade Instant Read Probe Dial Thermometer 0 to 220 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47140 Jacob's Pride #8 Gray Thumb Press Disher - 4 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsChef Master 5 Gallon Plastic Salad Spinner / Dryer with Brake
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsCambro 12SFSPP190 CamSquare 12 Qt. Translucent Food Storage Container with Midnight Blue Graduations
People Talk About:cooling paddle great down soups cool sauces rapid freezer works
We make a lot of home made soups in our store. This cooling paddle gets the soup cooled in 1 hour or so. It helps us stay within health code requirements.
No matter where we buy these, we have issues with them cracking and leaking. When they don't break, they serve their purpose quite well. Given the near disposable nature of the product, we just buy them wherever they are cheapest. So far this site has the best price.
Works well for cooling stocks, baked beans, and other ingredients in the restaurant. I will probably need to buy a couple more, and these are a great option.
Good product. This is the same paddle we use in the restaurant to rapidly cool sauces. I use it to cool wort when homebrewing beer, and it works great.
Great for cooling soups, sauces, or anything else. I prefer this "older" style paddle. The newer style has a handy hanger on the top, but is unscrewed in the middle to fill, so you are losing a lot of the space that could be ice.
It won't melt or give off chemicals or odors into your food. This tool will most definitely get your food quickly into the safe side of the temperature danger zone. 39 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
I love it. I'm glad I finally bought one. It seems a bit pricey for just a bit of plastic, but it's the type of foodservice plastic that makes it what it is.
Qualitative. Great for cooling soups, sauces, or anything else. These are pretty durable (except the lids if you aren't careful, but they come with an extra) and as an update to previous reviews, ours didn't have any pesky stickers to remove from the outside.
This rapid cooling paddle works great for rapidly cooling our bulk amounts of sides and stews. I fits easily in our small freezer as well.
This product absolutely does its job and cleans up very easily. So far no cracking or other signs of wear. Perfect item for any commercial kitchen.
I am pleased with this product as I am most of the things that I have bought from here. Great quality for a great price.
This has worked really well for us and has been great for our kitchen and the food. WE have had no problems with it at all.
These cooling paddles are a must if you're making any sort of stew, soup or stock in bulk. These cool in a matter of minutes and are simple to clean, we love them!
An essential cooling paddle in our kitchen - this Rapi-Koll paddle is excellent to cool sauces, soups and it is done safely. Great and durable product.
This paddle has saved us from the health inspector multiple times. It will cool down a thick chili 10x as fast, and allow you to keep product!
Very easy to use and of good quality. Cools down our soups to keep it in the time frame to keep the health department happy and customers safe
Works Great!! High quality product that wont crack when exposed to extreme heat!! Excellent size for the size of soup pots we use. Would definitely recommend.
These are great. Best price around. Make sure you get some of these. Don't waste your time and quality of product by not cooling your food properly.
This works very well, cooling our soup quickly. I wish it was a little smaller, but because it's a bit larger it does get the job done.
User Submitted Photos & Videos
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register