Lodge HCK 16 oz. Pre-Seasoned Heat-Treated Mini Cast Iron Country Kettle with Lid
- Pre-seasoned for a natural, easy-release
- Compatible with a variety of heat sources
- Integral oven proof handle
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
You May Also Need
Seasoning your pans enables you to cook great-tasting food with minimal oil, butter, or fat. It also provides a stick-resistant surface, allowing for easy clean up, and will keep your pans from rusting quickly. Check out this video to learn how to season cast iron and carbon steel pans.
Pan seasoning is essential for keeping your pans performing their best in your kitchen. This instructional video will show you the proper steps to seasoning your cooking pans based on their material.
Watch this video and see how easy it is to clean your Lodge cast iron! Simply wash, dry, and season. Because cast iron cookware is easy!
Watch this video and see how easy it is to restore your Lodge cast iron! Simply scrub, wash, dry, oil, bake, and cool. Because cast iron cookware is forever!
|Height||3 1/16 - 4 9/16 Inches|
|Maximum Diameter||5 7/8 Inches|
|Top Diameter||4 7/8 Inches|
|Made in America||Yes|
Customer questions about this product
- How can I properly care for cast iron surfaces?
- In order to prevent unwanted build-up of oils, grease, and food, surfaces should be cleaned after use while still slightly warm. Harsh chemicals or scouring pads should not be used—only hot water and a cloth or sponge are needed. If some areas require extra cleaning, a mild scouring pad can be used. Please refer to our Pan Seasoning Guide for further information on properly cleaning and seasoning cast iron surfaces.
- My new cast iron feels rough in some areas. Is this normal?
- Yes. This is a result of the sand casting process. With use and replenishment of the seasoning, the pan will become smoother. Unlike other types of cookware, Lodge Cast Iron only gets better with use. For concerns about roughness, it is OK to use a fine grade of sandpaper to smooth out the rough areas. Make sure to re-season the item before using.
- How is Lodge's pre-seasoned cookware seasoned?
- All of Lodge's pre-seasoned cookware is seasoned with soy-based vegetable oil. No peanut oil or animal fat is used.
Perfect for preparing and serving chicken pot pies, or serving soups and stews, this Lodge HCK 16 oz. pre-seasoned heat treated mini cast iron country kettle is a versatile and functional piece both in the kitchen and the dining room! Creating cast iron cookware since 1896, Lodge continues to impress with an unparalleled dedication to quality, technology, and its employees. Lodge heat-enhanced cast iron goes through a patented heat-treating process which inhibits rust for worry free maintenance. This is not a coating, but a process that changes the molecular make up of the iron's surface to inhibit oxidation.
This piece in particular features a durable cast iron construction, right at home on induction, ceramic, electric, and gas cooktops, in your oven, on the grill, or even over the campfire. This skillet comes with a lid that features self-basting tips on the underside to allow juices to continually baste the food as it cooks, retaining vitamins for healthier fare.
This country kettle and lid make a great team for ensuring heat retention and even heating during use. And, since they come pre-seasoned from Lodge, they offer a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use, letting you cook healthier by limiting the amount of oils needed in your cooking.
Top Diameter: 4 7/8"
Maximum Diameter: 5 7/8"
Height: 3 1/16"
Capacity: 16 oz.
Height: 1 1/2"
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item is compatible for use in induction cooking.
This item can withstand high heat applications and is safe for oven use in food service.
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register