Earn up to $221.97 back (22,197 points)with a Webstaurant Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Other Available Sizes:
- Type 1 hood for grease-producing equipment; designed to use BRP makeup air
- Includes box-style hood canopy only; exhaust and supply fans sold separately
- 18-gauge 430 stainless steel construction on all exposed surfaces
- For ceilings 10' or higher
- NAKS LEDLGT Replacement 12 Watt LED Light Bulb
- Steelton 20"(H) x 20"(W) x 1 1/2"(T) Stainless Steel Hood Filter
- Steelton 20"(H) x 16"(W) x 2"(T) Stainless Steel Hood Filter
- Noble Chemical Excel Stainless Steel Cleaner / Metal Polish - Aerosol 18 oz. (AMR A142)
- NAKS PWLGT Pre-Wired Canopy Hood Lighting Fixture with Tempered Globe
- NAKS END_CAPS 84" Stainless Steel End Cap
- Halifax 421CURTHALF Half Side Curtains for Type 1 Box Hoods and Type 2 Heat Removal Hoods - 2/Set
- Halifax 421CURTFULL Full Side Curtains for Type 1 Box Hoods and Type 2 Heat Removal Hoods - 2/Set
|Shipping Weight||790 lb.|
|Ceiling Height||10' or Over|
|Features||Made in America|
|Fire Suppression||Optional Fire Suppression|
|Style||BRP Makeup Air Hoods|
Customer questions about this product
- How do I choose the right hood for my application and local codes?
- Each local jurisdiction has different rules and regulations regarding exhaust hoods. We recommend you contact your local authority to obtain the specific requirements and regulations for your intended application in your respective jurisdiction before placing your order; typically the approval authority will be the building, fire, or health department. We may also reach out to gather additional information about the layout of your application to help ensure that this hood will meet your needs and suggest modifications so that you are getting the best performance possible for your specific layout. For further assistance in selecting the right hood for your application, please contact our Special Orders team at [email protected]
- How can I expect to install a hood canopy that is over 14 feet in length?
- All hood canopies 14’ to 20’ in length are sent in 2 pieces to assist in the transportation and installation of the hood.
- Is anything else needed to process my hood order?
- Yes! In the Resources & Downloads section we list 2 forms – Receiving Agreement & Order Acknowledgement. These forms are required by the manufacturer to begin processing your order. We encourage you to promptly complete these forms after your order has been placed and email them directly to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line. If you selected Fire Suppression as part of your hood package, please also complete and submit the Fire Suppression Layout form located in the Resources & Downloads section. A member of our team will also contact you after the hood is ordered to ensure completion of the forms and processing of the order.
- How do I know what size hood I need?
- To be compliant with NFPA and International Mechanical Code, canopy hoods must be sized to have a minimum 6” (152mm) overhang beyond the top horizontal edge of the surface of the cooking appliance on all sides. To size your hood accordingly, measure the horizontal distance (width) of the cooking surface, add 12" to cover the 6" for each side, and round up to the nearest foot. Example: You have a 36” flat top griddle, 24” charbroiler, 24” range, and a 16” deep fryer. This setup has a total width of 100", plus 12" for overhang, which is 112" or 9 feet 4". Round this up to a 10' hood.
- I am interested in ordering fire suppression with my hood, what is involved in that process?
- Fire suppression systems are frequently required by code for type 1 hoods, and need to be designed to fit the specific layout of your cooking line.
Kidde Systems use APC (Aqueous Potassium Carbonate) wet chemical fire suppression. The tank is typically exposed unless a cabinet is requested. They come pre-filled.
Ansul Systems use Ansulex wet chemical fire suppression. The tank is typically installed in a wall-mounted cabinet. They must be filled and charged.
Both systems meet UL300 standards, and will require a certified fire safety installer to hook up, test, and pass inspection.
Follow these simple steps to add a system to your hood!
1.) Choose whether you would like an Ansul Deluxe or Kidde fire suppression system for your hood, under the "Fire Suppression" dropdown. The Ansul Deluxe system includes the gas shut-off valve, enclosure, chemical, and CO2 cartridge.
2.) A member of our team will reach out to gather more information about your application so that the fire suppression system can be configured correctly. The sooner you provide answers to these questions, the sooner we can proceed with your order!
3.) If our team has any additional questions or concerns based on the information provided, we will work with you to resolve them and find the correct fire suppression solution for your business.
- I am interested in an “island” type hood in the middle of the kitchen. Where can I order this type of Hood?
- Island hoods require a quote from our special orders team. Please email [email protected] for a quote.
- My wall / ceiling is made from combustible materials. Will that pose a problem?
- Many common building materials are considered non-combustible such as stone, brick, plaster, steel, concrete, and glass; however, if your walls, studs, joists, or ceiling are made of combustible materials such as light-weight wood framing or heavy timber, special accommodations must be made if the hood will be mounted within 18 inches of the combustible material. Some materials, such as drywall or drop tile, may vary based upon local codes. We recommend you consult your Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) if there are any specific questions regarding what is considered a combustible material. We will work with you to determine if adjustments are necessary using the information you provide in the dropdowns and after your order is placed.
- When I order this product, can I request liftgate delivery?
- This item is too large and heavy for a liftgate. It can be delivered with a truck-level loading dock or forklift. Contact our Customer Solutions team prior to placing your order if you would like to discuss other delivery options.
Keep your kitchen free of hazardous grease buildup with this Halifax BRPHO1648 16' x 48" type 1 commercial kitchen hood. This unit is suitable for use over any equipment that has a surface operating temperature under 700 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is required by fire code to have a type 1 hood - this includes fryers, griddles, charbroilers, conveyor pizza ovens, or any equipment that produces grease during the cooking process. The hood removes the grease-laden vapors produced by your equipment and prevents them from accumulating in places where they could become a fire or sanitation hazard, leaving your kitchen clean and safe to use!
It is designed to use BRP (back return plenum) makeup air, which features a channel in the back of the hood to introduce supply air into the room, below the cooking equipment. By discharging the air underneath the equipment you avoid blowing air down onto your staff as they cook, which is a common issue with PSP-style makeup air systems. Makeup air is important in applications where the kitchen doesn't have enough fresh air coming in to replace the air exhausted by the hood, since your hood requires this replacement air to perform to specifications and remove grease, smoke, and VOCs effectively. It contains the hood only, the exhaust fan and fresh air / makeup fans are sold separately.
The hood uses (8) 20" x 20" and (2) 20" x 16" baffle-type filters, and the filters are made from stainless steel to provide durability and make cleaning easy. Grease extracted by the filter is collected in a grease trough, which drains into a stainless steel grease cup for disposal. 18-gauge 430 stainless steel is used on all exposed surfaces to give it excellent durability and cleanability, while the MIG-welded frame provides seamless, liquid-tight joints. The hood features a box-style canopy design to provide superior performance. This model is also engineered with a 3" air gap on the back of the hood, which provides clearance and protection for combustible walls where code requires.
6 pre-wired lights illuminate the equipment under your hood so that you can easily see what you're doing while cooking, and they require a 115V electrical connection to the junction box. This hood should be used in applications where the ceiling is 10' or taller. 6 hanger brackets are included to make installation easy. It must be hard-wired, cords and plugs are not included.
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
Because this item is not stocked in our warehouse, processing, transit times and stock availability will vary. If you need your items by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. Expedited shipping availability may vary. We cannot guarantee that this item can be cancelled off of the order or returned once it is placed.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item meets the criteria established by the National Fire Protection Association for fire protection codes and standards.
This product must be hardwired by a professional; it does not plug into a standard wall outlet.
This item has been tested and meets safety standards imposed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
This item has been tested and meets safety standards imposed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in Canada.
UL Classified EPH
This product complies with UL EPH standards and meets ANSI/NSF requirements.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register