Earn up to $63.57 back (6,357 points)with a Webstaurant Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Other Available Sizes:
- Type 2 hood for heat and fume removal only; exhaust-only system
- Includes box-style hood canopy and exhaust fan
- 18-gauge 430 stainless steel construction on all exposed surfaces
- For ceilings 10' or higher
- 115V direct-drive downblast exhaust fan (800 CFM)
- NAKS MESH_FILTER_14_14 14" x 14" Aluminum Mesh Hood Filter
- NAKS LEDLGT Replacement 12 Watt LED Light Bulb
- Noble Chemical Excel Stainless Steel Cleaner / Metal Polish - Aerosol 18 oz. (AMR A142)
- NAKS PWLGT Pre-Wired Canopy Hood Lighting Fixture with Tempered Globe
- NAKS END_CAPS 84" Stainless Steel End Cap
- Halifax 421CURTHALF Half Side Curtains for Type 1 Box Hoods and Type 2 Heat Removal Hoods - 2/Set
- Halifax 421CURTFULL Full Side Curtains for Type 1 Box Hoods and Type 2 Heat Removal Hoods - 2/Set
- Halifax 421CURTFULLL Full Left Side Curtain for Type 1 Box Hoods and Type 2 Heat Removal Hoods
|Shipping Weight||200 lb.|
|Ceiling Height||10' or Over|
|Features||Made in America|
|Fire Suppression||Without Fire Suppression|
|Style||Heat Removal Hood Systems|
Customer questions about this product
- Does my hood package include a control panel for operating the fans and lights?
- Hood packages do not include control panels with the package. A control panel is often provided by the installer, or it can be purchased separately.
- Is anything else needed to process my hood order?
- Yes! In the Resources & Downloads section we list 2 forms – Receiving Agreement & Order Acknowledgement. These forms are required by the manufacturer to begin processing your order. We encourage you to promptly complete these forms after your order has been placed and email them directly to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line. If you selected Fire Suppression as part of your hood package, please also complete and submit the Fire Suppression Layout form located in the Resources & Downloads section. A member of our team will also contact you after the hood is ordered to ensure completion of the forms and processing of the order.
- How do I choose the right hood for my application and local codes?
- Each local jurisdiction has different rules and regulations regarding exhaust hoods. We recommend you contact your local authority to obtain the specific requirements and regulations for your intended application in your respective jurisdiction before placing your order; typically the approval authority will be the building, fire, or health department. We may also reach out to gather additional information about the layout of your application to help ensure that this hood will meet your needs and suggest modifications so that you are getting the best performance possible for your specific layout. For further assistance in selecting the right hood for your application, please contact our Special Orders team at [email protected]
- I am interested in an “island” type hood in the middle of the kitchen. Where can I order this type of Hood?
- Island hoods require a quote from our special orders team. Please email [email protected] for a quote.
- Will the layout of my facility affect the fan specifications?
- The CFM ratings given in the description are what your hood will most likely be designed to perform at - however, factors like long duct runs, multiple duct turns, and high heat equipment like fryers and charbroilers may necessitate a more powerful fan with a different drive type or different specifications, and we will work with you to determine whether any modifications are needed after your order is placed. The fan specifications given in the description are reflective of most installations.
- How do I know what size hood I need?
- To be compliant with NFPA and International Mechanical Code, canopy hoods must be sized to have a minimum 6” (152mm) overhang beyond the top horizontal edge of the surface of the cooking appliance on all sides. To size your hood accordingly, measure the horizontal distance (width) of the cooking surface, add 12" to cover the 6" for each side, and round up to the nearest foot. Example: You have a 36” flat top griddle, 24” charbroiler, 24” range, and a 16” deep fryer. This setup has a total width of 100", plus 12" for overhang, which is 112" or 9 feet 4". Round this up to a 10' hood.
Keep your kitchen free of heat and fumes with this Halifax HRHP448 4' x 48" type 2 heat and fume removal hood system. This unit is suitable for use over any equipment that has a surface operating temperature under 600 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is required by fire code to have a type 2 hood - this includes equipment such as ovens and small kitchen appliances. It is not designed for use over grease-producing equipment. The hood removes heat and any odors produced by your equipment to make your kitchen a much more comfortable place for employees to work! It is an exhaust-only system and also contains a 115V direct-drive downblast exhaust fan designed for 800 CFM, with your choice of a flat roof or pitched roof curb mount. A variable dial control makes it easy to adjust the fan speed as needed to account for higher or lower ventilation needs.
The hood uses (1) 14" x 14" wire mesh filter. 18-gauge 430 stainless steel is used on all exposed surfaces to give it excellent durability and cleanability, while the MIG-welded frame provides seamless, liquid-tight joints. The hood features a box-style canopy design to provide superior performance.
This hood should be used in applications where the ceiling is 10' or taller. 4 hanger brackets are included to make installation easy. It must be hard-wired, cords and plugs are not included.
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
Because this item is not stocked in our warehouse, processing, transit times and stock availability will vary. If you need your items by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. Expedited shipping availability may vary. We cannot guarantee that this item can be cancelled off of the order or returned once it is placed.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item meets the criteria established by the National Fire Protection Association for fire protection codes and standards.
This product must be hardwired by a professional; it does not plug into a standard wall outlet.
This item has been tested and meets safety standards imposed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
UL Classified EPH
This product complies with UL EPH standards and meets ANSI/NSF requirements.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register