Earn up to $87.87 back (8,787 points)with a Webstaurant Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Other Available Sizes:
- 18-gauge 304 stainless steel consruction on all exposed surfaces
- Full perimeter gutter with 1/2" drain
- Built in accordance with UL 710 and NFPA standards for use over non-grease heat and steam removal
- Wire mesh filters included
- Shipping Weight
- 480 lb.
- 12 Feet
- 48 Inches
- 20 Inches
- Ceiling Height
- 10' or Over
- Made in America
- Fire Suppression
- Without Fire Suppression
- Stainless Steel Type
- Type 304
- Condensate Hoods
- Type 2
Customer questions about this product
- Is anything else needed to process my hood order?
- Yes! In the Resources & Downloads section we list 2 forms – Receiving Agreement & Order Acknowledgement. These forms are required by the manufacturer to begin processing your order. We encourage you to promptly complete these forms after your order has been placed and email them directly to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line. If you selected Fire Suppression as part of your hood package, please also complete and submit the Fire Suppression Layout form located in the Resources & Downloads section. A member of our team will also contact you after the hood is ordered to ensure completion of the forms and processing of the order.
- I am interested in an “island” type hood in the middle of the kitchen. Where can I order this type of Hood?
- Island hoods require a quote from our special orders team. Please email [email protected] for a quote.
- How do I choose the right hood for my application and local codes?
- Each local jurisdiction has different rules and regulations regarding exhaust hoods. We recommend you contact your local authority to obtain the specific requirements and regulations for your intended application in your respective jurisdiction before placing your order; typically the approval authority will be the building, fire, or health department. We may also reach out to gather additional information about the layout of your application to help ensure that this hood will meet your needs and suggest modifications so that you are getting the best performance possible for your specific layout. For further assistance in selecting the right hood for your application, please contact our Special Orders team at [email protected]
- How do I know what size hood I need?
- To be compliant with NFPA and International Mechanical Code, canopy hoods must be sized to have a minimum 6” (152mm) overhang beyond the top horizontal edge of the surface of the cooking appliance on all sides. To size your hood accordingly, measure the horizontal distance (width) of the cooking surface, add 12" to cover the 6" for each side, and round up to the nearest foot. Example: You have a 36” flat top griddle, 24” charbroiler, 24” range, and a 16” deep fryer. This setup has a total width of 100", plus 12" for overhang, which is 112" or 9 feet 4". Round this up to a 10' hood.
- When I order this product, can I request liftgate delivery?
- This item is too large and heavy for a liftgate. It can be delivered with a truck-level loading dock or forklift. Contact our Customer Solutions team prior to placing your order if you would like to discuss other delivery options.
Keep your kitchen free of condensate and steam with this Halifax CHO1248 12' x 48" type 2 condensate hood. This unit is suitable for use over any equipment that has a surface operating temperature under 600 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is required by fire code to have a type 2 hood - this includes equipment such as high-temperature dishwashers, ovens, and pasta cookers. It is not for use over grease-producing equipment. The hood removes the steam and heat produced by your equipment and makes your kitchen a much more comfortable place for employees to work! It is an exhaust-only design with no makeup or supply fan and contains the hood only, the exhaust fan is sold separately.
The hood uses (2) 12" x 12" wire mesh filters. 18-gauge 304 stainless steel is used on all exposed surfaces to give it excellent durability and cleanability, while the MIG-welded frame provides seamless, liquid-tight joints. The hood features a box-style canopy design to provide superior performance.
This hood should be used in applications where the ceiling is 10' or taller. 6 hanger brackets are included to make installation easy.
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
Because this item is not stocked in our warehouse, processing, transit times and stock availability will vary. If you need your items by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. Expedited shipping availability may vary. We cannot guarantee that this item can be cancelled off of the order or returned once it is placed.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item meets the criteria established by the National Fire Protection Association for fire protection codes and standards.
This item has been tested and meets safety standards imposed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
This item has been tested and meets safety standards imposed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in Canada.
UL Classified EPH
This product complies with UL EPH standards and meets ANSI/NSF requirements.
Resources and Downloads
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register