When I went to purchase a few of these scoops, this was my original size I chose for my cake pops (which don't get me wrong, it works, it's just not the size "I" was looking for). But instead of not using it at all, I do use it to portion out the fruit filling for my hand pies I make as well as mini cupcakes. Do note: if you use this for mini cupcakes you need to only fill it halfway (NO MORE!). So I've found a use for it, but it's not one I use very often. Still a great quality product.
Other Available Sizes:
- Right-handed thumb lever for easy release
- Color-coded handle for easy size identification
- Great for serving portions of soft foods like rice, meat, potatoes, and desserts
- Consistent scoops maximize profits and minimize food waste
- Constructed of durable 18/8 stainless steel with all metal parts
|Length||7 3/4 Inches|
|Handle Length||4 Inches|
|Bowl Diameter||1 5/8 Inches|
|Material|| Coated Handle|
Customer questions about this product
- Can I use this ice cream scoop with a dipper well?
- Yes, we recommend that the temperature of the water in the dipper well be at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit at the beginning of each use. Do not put this scoop in boiling water or heat it to more than 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- What is the difference between a disher and an ice cream scoop?
- Dishers are designed to control servings of soft foods, such as mashed potatoes, applesauce, or steamed vegetables. Although these are not meant for harder foods, such as ice cream, they are versatile tools that can be used for portion control in both prep and service applications. Ice cream scoops offer the durability necessary to scoop hard, frozen foods, such as ice cream. Both are traditionally sized by the number of scoops per quart that they can produce; however, they may also be sized by the number of ounces they hold. Dishers feature an easy-to-operate thumb press or squeeze-handle design, complete with a quick-release component that ensures no food is unintentionally left behind in the scoop. Ice cream scoops on the other hand, do not feature any movable components.
Scoop approximately 1 2/3 tbs. of cookie batter, yogurt, and other soft foods using this Choice #40 purple thumb press disher. Its color-coded handle makes capacity classification and portion control a breeze when serving hot or cold foods in your restaurant, cafeteria, or bakery!
In addition to the at-a-glance serving size identification, the sizes are also stamped on the bowl knife blade so you always know exactly which tool you're grabbing. The two-piece thumb lever is designed for simple, right-handed operation and combines with the quick release to ensure that the bowl is scraped clean, reducing waste and maximizing your yield. Perfect for use in a high volume environment, this disher is constructed of stainless steel with all metal parts for added durability and cleanability.
Length: 7 3/4"
Handle Length: 4"
Bowl Diameter: 1 5/8"
Capacity: .75 oz.
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
People Talk About:cupcakes mini size desserts fruit handle tool bought cake choice
This Choice #40 purple thumb press Disher is just the right size. we use it to make mini cupcakes to put in plastic containers. This is the 2nd one we've bought.
This is a versatile tool that can be used for many things. Desserts or fruit or other desserts. This tool is easy to use and the handle grips really well.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register