Other Available Fuel Types:
- Patented IRX infrared burner technology uses less energy for higher output
- Reduces flareups for better results
- Direct piezo spark igniters; one high range control for each burner
- Stainless steel sides, control panel, trim, and backsplash
- Full width, stainless steel front crumb tray
- Removable stainless steel splash guard and heat shield
- 4" adjustable legs
- 88,000 BTU; natural gas
|Vulcan VTEC48 Specs|
|Cooking Surface Width||44 Inches|
|Cooking Surface Depth||25 1/4 Inches|
|Burner BTU||22,000 BTU|
|Features||Spark / Piezo Ignition|
|Gas Inlet Size||3/4 Inches|
|Made in America||Yes|
|Number of Burners||4 Burners|
|Number of Controls||4|
|Power Type||Natural Gas|
|Total BTU||88,000 BTU|
Customer questions about this product
- My business is at a high elevation; does this change anything when I order gas cooking equipment?
- Many gas equipment manufacturers need to make adjustments to the equipment so it operates correctly at elevations over 2,000 feet. Sometimes we can special order from the manufacturer and have your cooking equipment delivered ready-to-go, but in cases where your unit is in stock and waiting to ship, you’ll need to have a qualified service technician come to your location and alter your unit at the time of installation so that it is compatible with a higher elevation. Contact our Special Orders team prior to placing your order, and we will let you know what will work best for the equipment you are planning to purchase.
Vulcan VTEC48 Details
Create burgers, steaks, and other high demand foods to keep up with your busiest shifts with the Vulcan VTEC48 natural gas 48" infrared charbroiler! This charbroiler features patented IRX infrared burner technology that uses heavy-duty steel infrared emitter panels to increase yield while reducing energy use. In fact, this griddle may use up to 50% less gas than traditional charbroilers!
The burner system uses about half the amount of gas consumed by traditional convective charbroilers for energy savings. Individual high range heat control valves for each of the 22,000 BTU burners allows you to modify the temperature for each cooking zone. Plus, the direct ignition piezo spark igniters are easy to use and don't require standing pilots.
Unlike traditional charbroilers that result in convective air movement, this infrared unit won't dry out your food nearly as much. Since there is no hot air being blown around your food, your steaks, chicken, and chops can retain up to 30% more of their original moisture which increases yield and puts more profit in your pocket! In addition, the specially-designed 11" x 25" stainless steel cooking grates virtually eliminate flareups by keeping grease away from the open flames and minimizing air movement. With less chance of a flareup, you can count on more consistent results every time you cook.
Cleanup is simple with this VTEC series charbroiler, too. Since grease is vaporized or turned to ash on contact with the infrared emitter panels, you can just brush the dry debris from below the cooking grates into the crumb tray and dispose of it. The crumb tray is the full width of the unit to catch as much of the debris as possible.
The body of this charbroiler is made with a durable stainless steel control panel along with stainless steel sides, top trim, and backsplash. Plus, this unit comes with a removable stainless steel heat shield and splash guard to protect the surrounding walls and equipment from intense heat and grease spatter. It also includes 4" adjustable legs that allow you to level the charbroiler on uneven counters. This model requires a natural gas connection and has a total output of 88,000 BTU.
Broiling Area Dimensions:
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
Because this item is not stocked in our warehouse, processing, transit times and stock availability will vary. If you need your items by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. Expedited shipping availability may vary. We cannot guarantee that this item can be cancelled off of the order or returned once it is placed.
3/4" Gas Connection
This unit comes with a 3/4" gas connection to be installed by a professional.
CSA Blue Flame
This item has been certified by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and meets applicable Canadian standards for appliances using gas or petroleum fuel.
CSA Design Cert
This item has been certified by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and meets applicable U.S. standards.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
Resources and Downloads for
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
RESIDENTIAL USERS: Vulcan assumes no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications. Your warranty will be voided if installed in non-commercial or residential applications.
Other Products from this Line
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVulcan VTEC25 Natural Gas 25" Infrared Charbroiler - 44,000 BTU
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register