This warmer has been great. It feels quality built and is easy to clean. My last warmer shorted out within a few months. So far I am very impressed.
$238.55/EachShips free with Plus
Login or enter your email to be instantly sent the price!
Start a Live Chat with a Customer Service rep to receive the price!
Mon - Thur: 5am - 12am EST
Fri: 5am - 8pm EST
Sat & Sun: 9am - 4pm EST.
Earn up to $7.16 back (716 points)with a Webstaurant Rewards Visa® Credit Card
- Rethermalize or hold soups, stews, sauces, and more
- Rust-resistant, insulated well
- Dome heating element provides uniform heating
- Portable design
- Thermostatic controls for precise temperature
- 120V, 800W
$40.54/EachOut Of Stock
Vollrath 72017 Specs
- Shipping Weight
- 9.6 lb.
- 9 5/8 Inches
- 10 9/16 Inches
- 6.7 Amps
- 60 Hertz
- 1 Phase
- 120 Volts
- 800 Watts
- Capacity per Compartment
- 7 qt.
- Control Type
- Low Water Indicator
Made in America
- Number of Compartments
- 1 Compartment
- Plug Type
- NEMA 5-15P
- Preheat Time
- 15 Minutes
- Temperature Control
Customer questions about this product
- Do I need to add water to this warmer to use it?
- Yes, you do. We do not recommend running warmers like these without water, as you will run the risk of burning out your element or scorching your food.
- What is the difference between the direct contact heating system and other warmer heating systems?
- Direct contact heating encourages more efficient heat transfer because the heating element is in direct contact with the water in the well. This type of heating not only saves energy, but eliminates the need for vents to be cut into the sides of the warmer for excess heat to escape. However, many warmers on the market have the heating element located beneath the well, which causes heat to be lost into the sides and bottom of the unit and vents must be cut into the sides of the warmer to allow this excess heat to escape.
Vollrath 72017 Details
Rethermalize or hold soups, stews, and sauces outside the kitchen with the Vollrath 72017 7 qt. round "Heat 'n Serve" rethermalizer! This warmer features a unique dome element and 800W of power to evenly distribute heat while its compact, portable design easily frees up valuable countertop space. Thermostatic controls make it easy to adjust the temperature to quickly heat your food through the temperature danger zone or hold your food until it's time to serve. The insulated well resists rust, while non-skid legs ensure your warmer won't slide during use. The Vollrath 72017 7 qt. Heat 'n Serve soup warmer comes with a cord and requires a 120V electrical connection.
Diameter: 10 9/16"
Height: 9 5/8"
This unit comes with a NEMA 5-15P plug.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
UL US & Canada
This item has been tested and meets safety standards imposed by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in the United States of America and Canada.
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
Resources and Downloads for
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
RESIDENTIAL USERS: Vendor assumes no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications. Your warranty will be voided if installed in non-commercial or residential applications.
Frequently Purchased Together
- Vollrath 77072 Replacement Solid Cover for 77070 Stainless Steel Double Boiler Set
- 6 & 7 Qt. Round Nylon Pan Liner Insert - 100/Box
- Vollrath 72021 11 Qt. Round "Heat 'n Serve" Rethermalizer - 120V, 800W
- Avantco W62 Aluminum Free Standing Heat Lamp with 2 Bulbs - 120V, 500W
- Taylor 3507 2 1/2" Dial Refrigerator / Freezer Thermometer
- Avantco W50 12" x 20" Full Size Electric Countertop Food Warmer - 120V, 1200W
People Talk About:warmer soup great small unit hot lid counter fast needed
I purchased this item as I needed to use an NSF-approved "crock pot" type device per my food inspection report to warm/prepare sandwich items. I wish I would have reviewed information further to purchase the warmer, the insert, and the lid as a set (I have tried to find this item online on the website, but cannot find it). I ordered just the warmer and the insert initially, and because I didn't order the set, I didn't have an appropriate lid to go with it. This website sells the lids seperately, but you have to order a CASE (read 6 count) of them since they're drop-shipped from the manufacturer. I do like this warmer, and you don't need a lot of water to get it to work appropriately. I don't like that you have to either be savvy enough to just need on of the Read More
This has worked great for us for two years however it is no longer working. While working it warned up quick and melted our dipping chocolate rally fast.
We love this kettle! It heats up fast. Is small and clean looking. It's inconspicuous on our back counter making it ideal in a small coffee shop full of stuff. And it's NSF certified. We had a point taken off our health inspection for having a non-NSF certified item. So now we're extra cautious!
This is the soup warmer (rethermalizer) I should have order in the first place. This is a powerful soup warmer that will take your 38? soup and warm it to 165 in an hour or less. Well within the 2 hour health code limit. Very powerful, very fast, and small. It uses the standard 7QT inserts I have grown up using. I can not recommend this stand alone, workhorse unit enough. I am thinking about buying a second one, just in case.
I have two different brand soup servers. The Volrath heats up much quicker than the other brand and keeps the product at a nice hot temp.
This unit is perfect for keeping sauce hot all day. We use it to save space in the steaming unit. It is like a portable steam unit.
We use this in our service station for Chili. Works great and fits our current NFS containers! Great buy for such a great value and its small enough that it doesnt take up much counter space.
This warmer is great for soups. I tried other warmers but they were too large for my tiny kitchen. This particular warmer is approx. 12 inches in diameter and fits perfectly in the small space I had. Keeps hot soup at proper serving temperature with very little maintenance. Just fill the unit to the line, place the bain marie of hot soup in, put the lid on it and you've got perfect soup all day long. I highly recommend this product.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register