Pretty good disher. Works on softer foods and sauces like they suggest. Don't try to use it on anything thick and sticky. The metal swing arm bends and breaks under those conditions.
Other Available Sizes:
- Right-handed thumb lever for easy release
- Color-coded handle for easy size identification
- Molded one piece handle for extended durability
- Great for serving portions of soft foods like rice, meat, potatoes, and desserts
- Consistent scoops maximize profits and minimize food waste
- Lifetime warranty
|Vollrath 47140 Specs|
|Shipping Weight||0.44 lb.|
|Length||9 9/16 Inches|
|Bowl Diameter||2 13/16 Inches|
Made in America
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between a disher and an ice cream scoop?
- Dishers are designed to control servings of soft foods, such as mashed potatoes, applesauce, or steamed vegetables. Although these are not meant for harder foods, such as ice cream, they are versatile tools that can be used for portion control in both prep and service applications. Ice cream scoops offer the durability necessary to scoop hard, frozen foods, such as ice cream. Both are traditionally sized by the number of scoops per quart that they can produce; however, they may also be sized by the number of ounces they hold. Dishers feature an easy-to-operate thumb press or squeeze-handle design, complete with a quick-release component that ensures no food is unintentionally left behind in the scoop. Ice cream scoops on the other hand, do not feature any movable components.
- Can I use this ice cream scoop with a dipper well?
- Yes, we recommend that the temperature of the water in the dipper well be at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit at the beginning of each use. Do not put this scoop in boiling water or heat it to more than 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Vollrath 47140 Details
Perfect for all of your kitchen's heavy duty serving and cooking needs, this Vollrath Jacob's Pride 47140 gray disher provides accurate 1/2 cup portions of hot or cold foods in your restaurant, cafeteria, or bakery! The color-coded handle helps ensure easy size identification when selecting your desired serving amount of mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, yogurt, cookie dough, and other soft foods.
The 18-8 stainless steel bowl and components prevent corrosion for added longevity in a high volume environment. An extended, grooved handle provides a secure grip for comfortable, all-day use, and the one-piece construction makes cleaning easy and improves durability. This seamless design prevents the build-up of food and bacteria residue in cracks and crevices to save you the time and effort of hand scrubbing and scouring your disher.
Length: 9 9/16"
Bowl Diameter: 2 13/16"
Capacity: 4 oz.
This item is designed to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
This item is part of Vollrath's Jacob's Pride collection and is engineered and tested to deliver maximum performance and exceptional durability. Every product is so tough, Vollrath stands behind the entire line with a lifetime warranty.
This item can safely be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher.
Resources and Downloads for
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
RESIDENTIAL USERS: Vendor assumes no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications. Your warranty will be voided if installed in non-commercial or residential applications.
Frequently Purchased Together
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47139 Jacob's Pride #6 White Thumb Press Disher - 5.33 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47141 Jacob's Pride #10 Ivory Thumb Press Disher - 3.25 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47142 Jacob's Pride #12 Green Thumb Press Disher - 2.66 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47145 Jacob's Pride #24 Red Thumb Press Disher - 1.33 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47143 Jacob's Pride #16 Blue Thumb Press Disher - 2 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47146 Jacob's Pride #30 Black Thumb Press Disher - 1 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47144 Jacob's Pride #20 Yellow Thumb Press Disher - 1.63 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 47147 Jacob's Pride #40 Purple Thumb Press Disher - 0.75 oz.
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsAmerican Metalcraft 131PE 12 3/4" Stainless Steel Perforated Spoon
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 30062 Super Pan V® Full Size 6" Deep Anti-Jam Stainless Steel Steam Table / Hotel Pan - 22 Gauge
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsVollrath 30043 Super Pan V® Full Size 4" Deep Anti-Jam Perforated Stainless Steel Steam Table / Hotel Pan - 22 Gauge
People Talk About:great portion disher scoops quality scoop cream easy ice perfect
I was really happy to find this good of a price on these. They are quite a bit more expensive around where I live. These are the only ones I've used that actually last. Most of the cheap ones fall apart fairly easy.
This scooper is pretty useless for us. I bought it to use with Italian Ice and the handle just gets stuck. I need to press the handle 4 to 5 times to release and then I have to use BOTH of my hands because it gets stuck. I bought this thinking it would be better quality from the other ones I purchase since they are almost triple the price but I was wrong. Completely useless item. I even considered using wd40 to make it release. Definitely do not recommend, will not buy again.
Thank you for your feedback! We’re sorry you did not prefer this product. For recommendations, please contact our Customer Solutions team.
Vollrath portion scoops are a good value in a sense it last a long time. Also helps keep cost down from over portion when serving food.
We scoop up hundreds of portions per week with these dishers and they keep on putting in the work. While some will get sticky over time, these won't!
I love anything Jacob's Pride line. Especially considering the warranty that comes along with them. They hold up, don't fall apart like most other brands, and the company stands behind their product. Great!
We use this scoop for our larger cookies. The press is easy and works right every time, not leaving any dough in the disher. Buy multiple, cause you will use these a lot.
Works great. This size is perfect for cupcakes. I didn't have a single spill on my pan or anywhere else, all the batter went into the cups. So much easier and cleaner than a spoon or pouring or measuring cups.
These ice cream scoops worked very well for us in in our frozen custard business. You usually can not ever go wrong with any Vollrath products.
This brand is the best! The molded finger grips are absolutely key on this product. Anything else starts to hurt after a while. These are extremely strong and last forever.
We use these in our 9 kitchens and they work great! They hold up very well with use. I would recommend them for someone else!
I love these scoops! I use them to portion cookie dough & for scooping salads for sandwiches. They're a little on the pricey side but they are well worth it. They hold up to regular daily use.
Fair quality scooper, not overly impressed with it but I am happy at the price I purchased it for. When I need to replace them I will likely look for a better quality scooper. They clean up well but I doubt it will last long with heavy use. That being said, it is so cheap that I could just replace them every couple months and be happy.
These are the only type of a "Disher" that I ever use because the other ones do not hold up to gig jobs. They scoop up so many things from cookies to ice cream. Love them!
The measurements are exact which is great for keeping the food inventory on point. We like to use these for scooping sides onto or plates like mashed potatoes.
I got this disher to potentially use to portion out cookies, but I must say that it is massive! Quality is good and I've had no issues.
Great price, great product. We used this to serve rice at our annual Greek Festival. It was the perfect size and really helped with portion control.
This Disher is awesome and HUGE! It is perfect for scooping out cupcake or muffin batter into jumbo sized pans. The quality is nice and sturdy and can be used for thin and thick batters. It’s great to have a product that makes my cupcakes look uniform and professional.
These vollrath dishers are great. The one hand release makes them easy to use. Perfect portion each time. They are extremely easy to clean too.
Great quality for the price point. Works exactly as described. Design seems to be very sturdy. Will be buying more of these in the future as needed.
User Submitted Photos & Videos
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register