Other Available Styles:
- 2 1/2" casters make moving simple for easy cleaning and bring the unit to an ADA-compliant working height
- Strong and sleek type 430 stainless steel exterior and type 304 stainless steel interior for maximum corrosion resistance
- Foamed-in-place polyurethane maintains temperatures from -8 to -1 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy-to-read digital temperature controller and auto-defrost function
- 115V, 1/5 hp
- 2 year Parts and Labor Warranty ensures long-lasting peace of mind
- Avantco 178SHELFUC27 Coated Wire Shelf - 21 7/8" x 17 3/4"
$69.99 / Each
- Avantco 178A3PCKIT4 3" Swivel Plate Casters with Mounting Hardware - 4/Set
$186.99 / Set
- Avantco 178HINGSCLBL Bottom Left Hinge Pivot
$28.49 / Each
- Avantco 178HINGSCLTL Top Left Hinge Pivot
$28.99 / Each
- Avantco 178UC27KTFR Field Reversible Hinge Kit
$57.49 / Each
|Depth||29 1/2 Inches|
|Height||33 3/4 Inches|
|Interior Width||22 1/4 Inches|
|Interior Depth||22 7/8 Inches|
|Interior Height||23 1/2 Inches|
|Capacity||5.5 cu. ft.|
|Compressor Location||Side Mounted|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Number of Shelves||1 Shelves|
|Plug Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Temperature Range||-8 - -1 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- How do I know if this unit will fit under or match the height of my ADA-Height counter?
- Many manufacturers offer their refrigeration equipment in several different height options to best meet your needs. Here's a breakdown of how we classify these different heights:
Counter Height: Work surface is more than 34" high; standard height unit.
ADA Height: Work surface height is 34" or less; complies with ADA regulations.
Low Profile: Work surface height is less than 32"; designed to fit under most ADA-height counters.
If the unit you are purchasing does not have a flat top, such as a worktop or sandwich/salad prep table, it may affect whether or not it will align with certain countertops. To ensure that the product will meet your needs, please reference the product's literature and specifications.
- Does Avantco warrant this item for use in a food truck?
- Avantco warrants new equipment sold to food truck customers to be operational for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery if installed and maintained correctly.
- Can this unit be built into cabinetry?
- It should not be built into cabinetry. This unit requires 3” of clearance on all sides for proper ventilation.
- How do I correctly install the shelves into this unit?
- To promote proper air flow through your Avantco unit, please ensure that the wire ledges on the shelves are positioned toward the back of the unit. These ledges help keep enough space between your product and the back wall so that cold air can adequately circulate through the cabinet. Incorrectly installing the shelf ledges can restrict airflow, causing the temperature in the bottom of your unit to rise.
- I haven’t heard of R-290, R-600a, R-513a, or R-448A refrigerant before. What is it?
- R-290 (also known as high purity propane or CARE 40) and R-600a (also known as refrigerant grade Isobutane or CARE 10) are hydrocarbon refrigerants. R513a (also known as Opteon XP10) and R-448A (also known as Solstice N40) are HFO (hydrofluoroolefin) refrigerants. They are being used as an eco-friendly refrigerant by some manufacturers in response to the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program. Read more about this program in our blog post on Refrigerant Regulations.
- Why is there a step in the interior of this undercounter unit?
- This unit’s refrigeration system is located in the lower rear of the cabinet, causing the step in its interior. The step may decrease the inner depth of the cabinet's lower interior versus what is listed as its overall interior depth, so please check the unit’s specs and diagrams to ensure it will accommodate your storage needs.
Make frozen food storage as convenient as possible with the Avantco 27" undercounter freezer. With a spacious freezer portion readily accessible through its single door, the unit opens up to a shelf to help you organize your ingredients and best utilize the 5.5 cu. ft. interior. Plus, because it accommodates up to 90 lb., the epoxy-coated steel shelf is well equipped for holding heavy bulk ingredients, from frozen broccoli and cauliflower to frozen pork chops.
This unit is designed for outstanding durability to ensure that it withstands tough, busy kitchen environments with ease. It features a 430 type stainless steel exterior, which provides both strength and a smooth, sleek appearance. The interior, made with 304 type stainless steel, also offers the durability necessary for heavy, regular use. Because of its undercounter design, the unit effortlessly adds frozen storage space beneath a pre-existing countertop and doesn't require additional space for its own footprint. For long-lasting quality assurance and peace of mind, this unit also comes with a 2 year Parts and Labor Warranty.
This freezer ensures optimal performance by operating with a 1/5 hp refrigeration system that circulates environmentally-friendly R290 hydrocarbon refrigerant to maintain temperatures from -8 to -1 degree Fahrenheit. R290 refrigerant has an ozone depletion potential (ODP) of 0 and a global warming potential (GWP) of 3, making it an environmentally-responsible choice for your business. The foamed-in-place polyurethane insulation helps provide structural rigidity and maintain internal temperatures.
Operation of the freezer is easy, thanks to its special features. Monitor it by consulting the interior wall-mounted thermometer, and use the auto-defrost feature on the pre-programmed digital controller to maintain the freezer in tip-top shape. At the end of the day, take advantage of the casters and roll the unit aside to thoroughly clean the area. This undercounter freezer requires a 115V electrical connection for operation.
Depth: 29 1/2"
Height: 33 3/4"
Capacity: 5.5 cu. ft.
Width: 22 1/4"
Depth: 22 7/8"
Height: 23 1/2"
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
This unit comes with a NEMA 5-15P plug.
This item meets the electrical product safety standards imposed by the ETL, a division of the Intertek Group, for use in the United States.
This item meets the sanitation standards imposed by the ETL, a division of the Intertek Group.
This item meets the criteria established by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), helping make your restaurant more accessible to people with disabilities.
Resources and Downloads
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
Note: Avantco Refrigeration equipment with a labor warranty purchased prior to October 15th 2020 is warranted for 1 year parts & labor / 5 year compressor. RESIDENTIAL USERS: Vendor assumes no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications. Your warranty will be voided if installed in non-commercial or residential applications.
Other Products from this Line
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register