- Mega top accommodates (18) 1/6 size, 6" deep food pans
- Industry-best 3/4" thick cutting board is 11 1/2" deep to provide 3 1/2" more work space
- ADA height casters included; digital controls with automatic defrost
- Stainless steel exterior and interior; foamed-in-place polyurethane insulation
- 115V; 1/2 hp compressor; eco-friendly R-290 refrigerant
- Avantco 178SHELFSCL2 Coated Wire Shelf - 17 1/16" x 20 3/4"
- Vigor Full Size Clear Polycarbonate Food Pan - 2 1/2" Deep
- Vigor 1/2 Size Clear Polycarbonate Food Pan - 2 1/2" Deep
- Vigor 1/2 Size Clear Polycarbonate Food Pan - 4" Deep
- Vigor 1/2 Size Clear Polycarbonate Food Pan - 6" Deep
- Vigor 1/2 Size Long Clear Food Pan - 2" Deep
- Vigor 1/2 Size Long Clear Food Pan - 4" Deep
- Vigor 1/3 Size Clear Polycarbonate Food Pan - 2 1/2" Deep
|Shipping Weight||388 lb.|
|Width||46 3/4 Inches|
|Depth||38 1/2 Inches|
|Height||44 3/8 Inches|
|Interior Width||42 7/8 Inches|
|Nominal Width||48 Inches|
|Interior Depth||23 3/4 Inches|
|Interior Height||23 1/2 Inches|
|1/6 Size Pan Capacity||18 Pans|
|Capacity||12 cu. ft.|
|Compressor Style||Side / Rear Breathing|
|Cutting Board Thickness||3/4 Inches|
|Number of Doors||2 Doors|
|Number of Shelves||2 Shelves|
|Plug Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Temperature Range||33 - 40 Degrees F|
|Top Type|| Cutting Top|
Customer questions about this product
- How do I know if this unit will fit under or match the height of my ADA-Height counter?
- Many manufacturers offer their refrigeration equipment in several different height options to best meet your needs. Here's a breakdown of how we classify these different heights:
Counter Height: Work surface is more than 34" high; standard height unit.
ADA Height: Work surface height is 34" or less; complies with ADA regulations.
Low Profile: Work surface height is less than 32"; designed to fit under most ADA-height counters.
If the unit you are purchasing does not have a flat top, such as a worktop or sandwich/salad prep table, it may affect whether or not it will align with certain countertops. To ensure that the product will meet your needs, please reference the product's literature and specifications.
- Can this prep table fit through a narrow doorway or hallway?
- Avantco prep tables have an easily removable cutting board for your convenience. This makes for easy cleaning and for helping fit through narrow spaces. After removing the cutting board from the Avantco prep table the standard tops are 29 3/8" deep, the mega tops are 33 13/16" deep, and the pizza prep tables are 31 1/2" deep.
- What kinds of pans can I use in my refrigerated prep table?
- While various configurations combining traditional 1/3 size, 1/6 size, and other food pan sizes are possible, it's important to refer to your equipment's Specification Sheet and/or Owner's Manual to see what pan sizes and configurations are recommended. Certain accessories may be needed in order to use pans of a different size than what is recommended. It is also important to note that mixing and matching pans from different manufacturers may result in the pans not fitting properly.
- Does Avantco warrant this item for use in a food truck?
- Avantco warrants new equipment sold to food truck customers to be operational for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery if installed and maintained correctly.
- Why is there a step in the interior of this undercounter unit?
- This unit’s refrigeration system is located in the lower rear of the cabinet, causing the step in its interior. The step may decrease the inner depth of the cabinet's lower interior versus what is listed as its overall interior depth, so please check the unit’s specs and diagrams to ensure it will accommodate your storage needs.
- Are there any temperature specifications to keep in mind when installing this Avantco prep table?
- This unit has a maximum ambient temperature rating of 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- How do I correctly install the shelves into this unit?
- To promote proper air flow through your Avantco unit, please ensure that the wire ledges on the shelves are positioned toward the back of the unit. These ledges help keep enough space between your product and the back wall so that cold air can adequately circulate through the cabinet. Incorrectly installing the shelf ledges can restrict airflow, causing the temperature in the bottom of your unit to rise.
- I haven’t heard of R-290, R-600a, R-513a, or R-448A refrigerant before. What is it?
- R-290 (also known as high purity propane or CARE 40) and R-600a (also known as refrigerant grade Isobutane or CARE 10) are hydrocarbon refrigerants. R513a (also known as Opteon XP10) and R-448A (also known as Solstice N40) are HFO (hydrofluoroolefin) refrigerants. They are being used as an eco-friendly refrigerant by some manufacturers in response to the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program. Read more about this program in our blog post on Refrigerant Regulations.
Optimize your back-of-house operations with this Avantco SS-PT-48M-AC 48" ADA height mega top 2 door stainless steel refrigerated sandwich prep table, and better keep up with customer demands. Whether used in a university, sub shop, or hospital, the unit is sure to help streamline the sandwich prep process with its convenient features and capacity. Its top, for instance, accommodates up to (18) 1/6 size food pans up to 6" deep (sold separately). These are great for holding common sandwich or salad toppings, from eggs and cheese to green pepper or ham. Plus, a lift-up lid encloses the top to maintain proper, food safe temperatures. A full-length cutting board, which is 11 1/2" deep, is mounted to the table surface, providing a place for slicing ingredients and assembling orders.
Beneath the workspace is additional storage space. Because it's refrigerated, the space is great for storing back-up ingredients, such as deli meat and cheese, as well as less common toppings. Two epoxy-coated shelves are included and can each accommodate up to 90 lb. of weight, helping to organize your assorted supplies.
High quality performance is made possible by the unit's 1/2 hp refrigeration system, which maintains temperatures between 33 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit. It does this by circulating eco-friendly R-290 refrigerant. This specialized refrigerant has an ozone depletion potential (ODP) of 0 and a global warming potential (GWP) of 3, making it an environmentally-responsible choice for your business.
The construction of this unit is designed with commercial use in mind. It features a 430 type stainless steel exterior and 304 type stainless steel interior, which are fortified with foamed-in-place polyurethane insulation. The insulation also helps to promote proper temperature retention. 2 1/2" casters make moving simple for easy cleaning and bring the unit to an ADA-compliant working height. For operation, the prep table requires a 115V electrical connection.
Width: 46 3/4"
Depth: 38 1/2"
Height: 44 3/8"
Working Height: 33 3/4"
Capacity: 12 cu. ft.
Width: 42 7/8"
Depth: 23 3/4"
Height: 23 1/2"
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
This unit comes with a NEMA 5-15P plug.
This item meets the criteria established by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), helping make your restaurant more accessible to people with disabilities.
This item meets the sanitation standards imposed by the ETL, a division of the Intertek Group.
ETL US & Canada
This item meets the electrical product safety standards imposed by the ETL, a division of the Intertek Group, for use in the United States and Canada.
Resources and Downloads
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
Note: Avantco Refrigeration equipment with a labor warranty purchased prior to October 15th 2020 is warranted for 1 year parts & labor / 5 year compressor. RESIDENTIAL USERS: Vendor assumes no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications. Your warranty will be voided if installed in non-commercial or residential applications.
Other Products from this Line
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register