FMP 243-1015 11" x 21" x 5/8" Portable Cast Iron Griddle with 2 Grilling Surfaces
Pan seasoning is essential for keeping your pans performing their best in your kitchen. This instructional video will show you the proper steps to seasoning your cooking pans based on their material.
Seasoning your pans enables you to cook great-tasting food with minimal oil, butter, or fat. It also provides a stick-resistant surface, allowing for easy clean up, and will keep your pans from rusting quickly. Check out this video to learn how to season cast iron and carbon steel pans.
|Franklin Machine Products 243-1015 Specs|
|Length (with handles)||24 Inches|
|Type||Griddles / Grill Pans|
Customer questions about this product
- How can I properly care for cast iron surfaces?
- In order to prevent unwanted build-up of oils, grease, and food, surfaces should be cleaned after use while still slightly warm. Harsh chemicals or scouring pads should not be used—only hot water and a cloth or sponge are needed. If some areas require extra cleaning, a mild scouring pad can be used. Please refer to our Pan Seasoning Guide for further information on properly cleaning and seasoning cast iron surfaces.
- My griddle isn’t heating evenly – is something wrong?
- Just like electric or gas griddles, portable griddles are subject to hot and cold spots, depending on the location of the burners underneath the cooking surface. Areas that are between burners will not get as hot as areas that are directly over burners. The griddle material can also affect the consistency of the surface temperature, as different metals heat at different rates.
- Does this cast iron pan weigh more than other similar sized pans?
- Yes, this cast iron pan is heavier than other similar sized cast iron pans due to the additional material used to make the impressions.
Franklin Machine Products 243-1015 Details
This FMP (Franklin Machine Products) 243-1015 is used to turn standard, open top ranges into griddles. Ideal for restaurant, school and church use. It offers two grilling surfaces - ribbed on one side and flat on the other side. Made of heavy cast iron with handles. Covers 2 burners.
Length (with handles): 24"
People Talk About:Grill grilled side top Fits burners cast great griddle hot
This cast-iron Grill was built well it’s very strong and is going to last a very long time we use it for grilled chicken and grilled shrimp
Ciro D. from DiNardis Pizza&Pasta Posted on 05/22/2018
We absolutly love this product because we love our turkey bacon in the morning and this makes it easy for us to go in and drop our bacon right on top. Awesome product!!
Ashley A. from Wonderland Montessori Academy Posted on 07/20/2017
This grill/griddle is just about perfect! The griddle side is very smooth, not filled with the uneven bumpy surface found on most new cast iron. The whole pan completely covers 2 burners on my cooktop! And doesn't hang over, lines up perfectly. And the surface area is huge, and the overflow grease channel on the side is big enough to function properly but not so big that it takes up too much of the area. I also found that heating it up for a good 5 minutes ends the problem of hot spots and ensures even cooking. I haven't tried the grilling side yet as I usually use my outdoor grill, even in winter, but at least I can say that it heats evenly.
Catherine K. Posted on 02/11/2017
We actually use this as an add a shelf over our grill and it functions as a hot plate keeping sauce warmed but not overly hot. Druing prep time, its a good surface for giving things a hit of color.
Dean G. from It Takes Two LLC T/A Dino's Grotto Posted on 03/27/2016
These are nice heavy sturdy griddles that fit our larger commercial range tops. They conduct heat very well, cook evenly, and should hold up for many years to come!! We would highly recommend them.
Rachael W. from Pearlstone Center Posted on 11/13/2015
The Grilled Cheese has come to life with this griddle. Crispy & even cooking. Fits over 2 gas burners. I love the reversible option!! Note: Do not use on flat ranges as you can imagine because all cast iron will scratch smooth-top stoves. Just sayin'.
Sarah b. from Here, There and Everywhere Cafe Posted on 10/11/2014
Wow! when I ordered this Grill I never expected it be be so solid and versatile. Fits great over to stove top burners. and with the ability to change from flat-top to regular grill I can make anything from pancakes to steak
Sal D. from Fragrances on the Run Posted on 04/04/2014
This is a great grill plate to have at home or the restaurant. Its makes great deep grill marks perfect for presentation. and the handles on the side makes it easy to pick up.
Aaron H. Posted on 12/14/2012
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register