This is a very useful tool. I like the fact that it is reversible, I get more use out of it. It is heavy, because it is cast iron. But it works well and cooks foods quickly.
- Durable and versatile cast iron construction provides unparalleled heat distribution and retention
- Grooved side creates appealing grill marks on burgers and hot sandwiches
- Flat side is great for pancakes and fried eggs
- Handle on either side for simple transportation
- Turn any standard, open-top range into a griddle
|Franklin Machine Products 161813 Specs|
|Length (with handles)||24 Inches|
|Features|| Branding Ridges|
Customer questions about this product
- Does this cast iron pan weigh more than other similar sized pans?
- Yes, this cast iron pan is heavier than other similar sized cast iron pans due to the additional material used to make the impressions.
- How can I properly care for cast iron surfaces?
- In order to prevent unwanted build-up of oils, grease, and food, surfaces should be cleaned after use while still slightly warm. Harsh chemicals or scouring pads should not be used—only hot water and a cloth or sponge are needed. If some areas require extra cleaning, a mild scouring pad can be used. Please refer to our Pan Seasoning Guide for further information on properly cleaning and seasoning cast iron surfaces.
- My griddle isn’t heating evenly – is something wrong?
- Just like electric or gas griddles, portable griddles are subject to hot and cold spots, depending on the location of the burners underneath the cooking surface. Areas that are between burners will not get as hot as areas that are directly over burners. The griddle material can also affect the consistency of the surface temperature, as different metals heat at different rates.
Franklin Machine Products 161813 Details
Easily prepare your most popular appetizers and entrees with this FMP 243-1015 21" x 11" reversible cast iron griddle and grill pan with handles! Made of sturdy cast iron, this griddle distributes heat evenly and consistently to prevent hot spots and produce a perfectly-cooked final product every time. It also allows you to turn any standard, open-top range into a griddle, providing increased menu flexibility without the expense of buying a separate grill.
Ideal for use in restaurants, schools, or churches, this griddle can also be placed in the oven, on a grill, or even over a campfire. It features a handle on either side for simple transportation. It's also reversible, with both flat and grooved sides, making it a perfect, dual-purpose kitchen tool. While the flat side is great for pancakes and fried or scrambled eggs, the grooved side creates appealing grill marks on burgers and hot, toasted sandwiches. Keep this economical, 2-in-1 griddle on-hand in your kitchen so you and your staff have the flexibility to make various menu items quickly and efficiently!
Length (with handles): 24"
Because this item is not stocked in our warehouse, processing, transit times and stock availability will vary. If you need your items by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. Expedited shipping availability may vary. We cannot guarantee that this item can be cancelled off of the order or returned once it is placed.
Frequently Purchased Together
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars8" x 4" Solid Turner with Oversize Straight Blade and Wood Handle
People Talk About:grill grilled love side burners cast fits great hot iron
Love this grill. We have made some very nice steaks on this grilled for meeting and board meeting. Love that its portable and can be stored easily.
This cast-iron Grill was built well it’s very strong and is going to last a very long time we use it for grilled chicken and grilled shrimp
We absolutly love this product because we love our turkey bacon in the morning and this makes it easy for us to go in and drop our bacon right on top. Awesome product!!
This grill/griddle is just about perfect! The griddle side is very smooth, not filled with the uneven bumpy surface found on most new cast iron. The whole pan completely covers 2 burners on my cooktop! And doesn't hang over, lines up perfectly. And the surface area is huge, and the overflow grease channel on the side is big enough to function properly but not so big that it takes up too much of the area. I also found that heating it up for a good 5 minutes ends the problem of hot spots and ensures even cooking. I haven't tried the grilling side yet as I usually use my outdoor grill, even in winter, but at least I can say that it heats evenly.
We actually use this as an add a shelf over our grill and it functions as a hot plate keeping sauce warmed but not overly hot. Druing prep time, its a good surface for giving things a hit of color.
These are nice heavy sturdy griddles that fit our larger commercial range tops. They conduct heat very well, cook evenly, and should hold up for many years to come!! We would highly recommend them.
The Grilled Cheese has come to life with this griddle. Crispy & even cooking. Fits over 2 gas burners. I love the reversible option!! Note: Do not use on flat ranges as you can imagine because all cast iron will scratch smooth-top stoves. Just sayin'.
Wow! when I ordered this Grill I never expected it be be so solid and versatile. Fits great over to stove top burners. and with the ability to change from flat-top to regular grill I can make anything from pancakes to steak
This is a great grill plate to have at home or the restaurant. Its makes great deep grill marks perfect for presentation. and the handles on the side makes it easy to pick up.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register