3"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
$3.71/EachShips free with Plus
- High absorbency boar bristles retain and spread thin liquids more efficiently than nylon or silicone
- Bristles are durable, water resistant, and secured in ferrules to prevent shedding
- Lacquered hardwood handle with hanging loop and brown nylon ferrules
- Ideal for coating fluffy, fresh-baked pastries
- Wide brush is perfect for coating large surface areas
Other Products from this Line
1 3/8"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $2.19 / Each
1"W Round Boar Bristle Pastry/Decorating Brush
plus $2.49 / Each
2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $2.59 / Each
4"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with 12" Long Handle and Angled Head
plus $5.99 / Each
4"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $4.69 / Each
2"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush with 12" Long Handle and Angled Head
plus $3.29 / Each
1"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush
plus $1.29 / Each
|Length||9 7/8 Inches|
|Handle Length||6 Inches|
|Bristle Width||3 Inches|
|Bristle Trim||2 Inches|
|Maximum Temperature||266 Degrees F|
Customer questions about this product
- Is this wooden-handled utensil dishwasher safe?
- Utensils with wooden handles are not dishwasher safe; exposure to hot water can cause the wood to warp or splinter. These items should be hand washed and dried thoroughly. For optimal results, use a wood conditioner periodically to prolong the life of the wood.
- Why are the bristles falling out of my brush?
- To increase the longevity of your brush, we do not recommend using this brush in high heat applications. Although the bristles are set with a very strong epoxy, high temperatures can cause the epoxy to soften, resulting in loose bristles which may easily fall out.
- Will this item look exactly like the one that's pictured?
- This item is either made of wood or designed to mimic the look of natural wood. Because of the natural differences in wood, no two items will look exactly the same. Each item is designed from, or to look like, the same type of wood, but each will have its own unique appearance and wood-grain.
- Is a pastry brush different from a basting brush?
- Both brushes are the same, however you should only use your brush for either pastries or for basting and not both prep tasks. Using separate brushes for baking tasks and meat basting is important, as it ensures that flavors are not being accidentally transferred between your pastry and meat products.
- What type of pastry brush material is best?
- The answer all depends on your intended application. Synthetic ones are highly resistant and can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Silicone ones can even withstand high temperatures while resisting stains and odors. Meanwhile, boar or natural style bristles do a good job of retaining fluids, which is helpful for preparing large quantities of product.
This beautiful wooden handled 3"W Boar Bristle Pastry/Basting Brush is perfect for your bigger cooking projects. Whether you are basting meats or spreading egg wash onto large pastry crusts, this brush will help you complete any task. The gleaming lacquered hardwood handle and brown nylon ferrules give your kitchen a professional and high quality feeling, while the boar bristles are durable, water resistant, and snugly secure for basting meats and pastries. The fine make up and absorbency of the bristles is excellent for use applying thin liquids such as butter, olive oil, or vinegar-based marinades. With its wide design, this brush is even ideal for jobs like basting a roast, buttering phyllo dough sheets, or applying an egg wash on large loaves and pastries. These durable bristles can withstand up to 266 degrees Fahrenheit, while the frame between the handle and the bristles can be used in up to 176 degrees Fahrenheit. The brush features a 6" wooden handle and 3" brush width.
Handle Length: 6"
Bristle Trim: 2"
Bristle Width: 3"
Length: 9 7/8"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
People Talk About:brush pastry bristles Bristle brushes butter great food quality egg
Arrange bySee All 45 Reviews
This thing is the real deal. I mostly use it for brushing seasonings and sauces, and it has made everything much more solid on that front.
These brushes are great. They are sturdy and hold together for a long time. I use them to brush butter onto our garlic bread and they work great.
This brush is very handy and well made . The handle is nice quality wood , the bristles are sturdy and do not fall out . Not only is this brush good for basting and brushing on egg yoke , you can also use it to brush on shortening to season your cast iron pans like I did ... No mess .
I first purchased this brush to add egg wash on pastry dough. Worked like a charm! What I'm impressed with now is after numerous washes the brush still looks like new.
I bought this brush hoping mine would be different then the other reviews but mine too lost bristles into the food. I always hand washed and never ran through any machine but it still fell apart. I would recommend spending a few extra bucks and getting something better.Thank you for your feedback! We’re sorry you did not prefer this product. For recommendations, please contact our Customer Solutions team.
good pastry brush, i found 1 bristle came out after a use, though overall sturdy construction, good tensile strength in the bristles and it performed its tasks required
Just by looking at it this brush is a great size for the price but you can't go by looks alone. The bristles are loose. I use it to baste ribs and my ribs ended up with bristled sauce. It's not worth it. The only good aspects are the price and the size.Thank you for your feedback! We’re sorry you did not prefer this product. For recommendations, please contact our Customer Solutions team.
Threw away almost immediately. The bristles came off into the food. Spend a few more dollars and get the higher end brush. The bristles looked like hair in the food. Knew the risk when I ordered this, but I thought it could get me through one service. Wrong!Thank you for the review, Nick. We’re sorry this has not worked well for you. To increase the longevity of your brush, we do not recommend using this brush in high heat applications. Although the bristles are set with a very strong epoxy, high temperatures can cause the epoxy to soften, resulting in loose bristles which may easily fall out.
I am very happy with my purchase this is a really decent made three – wide for bristle pastry brush has a really good price point on it for the restaurant industry
3" boar bristle pastry brush is an essential tool to have when basting chicken and other recipes with special marinades and sauce. Also great for buttering biscuits
We use the Bristle Pastry Brush for egg washing the croissants at our cafe. We have had no issues with it and it's very sturdy.
It is a good quality brush, but have to be careful when using it and cleaning to prevent the bristles from falling out of the brush
Just 3 inch natural born a hairbrush pastry brush was fantastic very inexpensive way to put cream on your pies or decorate plates for a fantastic brush
Bristles began falling out fairly quickly. They are assembled with glue that does not hold up very well when used to spread butter. We used them near our griddle so the heat makes the plastic trim shrivel up and shrink causing the bristles to fall out even faster. If you need these for spreading something warm/hot, find something else. We used chip brushes that you can pick up at any hardware store or home improvement center prior to trying these out and will go back to them because they hold up better and do not shed bristles in the food nearly as quickly.
These brushes are great until they aren't. They start losing their bristles after a while, usually without warning. You won't know until you start finding them in the food. Unfortunately, these brushes are the industry standard and there's really no better alternative.
I do not recommend this product. Unless I received a defective.brush, I had to throw away a double batch of cinnamon rolls, and thankfully I noticed the problem before I served them in my bakery. All the bristles came out as I was brushing butter on the dough. Was very unhappy.Thank you for your review! We are sorry the pastry brush did not meet your needs, try this Carlisle Boar Pastry Brush with Hook instead!
I use the boar bristle brush to clean around my food production area. After my first use, I noticed several bristle came loose and I had to do a second cleaning to lift the bristle from the work surface. One should hand wash the brushes before use so the excess bristle are removed prior to use.
The 3" Boar Bristle Pastry Brush proved to be everything stated in description. Good quality, true to size. Very pleased with product. Will be ordering more sizes in the future.
3” Boar bristle pastry/basting brush works well on marinating meat or brushing egg on pastries and crusts. The boar bristles are durable but can fall out if you aren’t careful.
This is a basic, inexpensive pastry brush but be really careful. After a while, the bristles start coming out and can end up in food on the customer's plate.
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register