These are awesome. We and our customers are trying to move away from so much plastic packaging and we've gotten so many compliments on these. No taste at all, they don'd dissolve like paper, and they look nice. They don't sink because they're very light but that's not really an issue for us. Definitely great for drinking/cocktail garnish but if you are a straw-biter it will break. We love them.
$31.00/PackShips free with Plus
|Buy 3 - 5||$31.78/Pack|
Other Available Sizes:
- 5" natural cocktail straws
- Made from wheat stems
- Gluten-free, never soggy design can be used in both hot and cold drinks
- 100% biodegradable, plastic-free packaging
- Perfect for environmentally conscious bars, restaurants, caterers, and food trucks
Other Products from this Line
- HAY! Straws 7 3/4" Natural Wheat Biodegradable Drinking Straws - 500/Pack
- HAY! Straws 5" Natural Wheat Biodegradable Stir Stick - 500/Box
- HAY! Straws 7 3/4" Natural Wheat Biodegradable Stir Stick - 500/Box
- HAY! Straws 8" Jumbo Natural Wheat Biodegradable Drinking Straw - 250/Box
- HAY! Individually Wrapped Cutlery Pack with Napkin - 100/Case
- HAY! Straws 7 3/4" Natural Wheat Biodegradable Wrapped Drinking Straw - 500/Box
- HAY! Straws 8" Giant Natural Wheat Biodegradable Straw - 250/Box
|Shipping Weight||0.22 lb.|
|Features|| Gluten Free|
Green / Environmentally-Friendly
Customer questions about this product
- Why are my HAY! Straws different diameters?
- Due to naturally-occurring variations in wheat stems, the exact diameters of HAY! Straws will vary.
- What is the difference between these types of straws?
- Straws are available in a variety of diameters based on their intended purpose and function. Sip straws are approximately 1/8" in diameter and used for cocktails and sipping on hot drinks. Jumbo straws are often the standard size for various beverages and measure around 1/4”. Super jumbo straws are also around 1/4” in diameter and some even feature built-in spoons for thick drinks. Milkshakes and smoothies are great for drinking out of Giant straws thanks to their 5/16" diameters, and Colossal straws at approximately 1/2" in diameter are perfect for frozen concoctions.
The search for a truly earth-friendly straw is over with HAY! Straws 5" natural wheat biodegradable cocktail straws. A byproduct of wheat production, HAY! Straws are made from natural wheat stems. When wheat grain is harvested, stems are cut and turned into things like hay - or in this case, a 100% natural straw. Add a fun, eco-friendly alternative to your bar, restaurant, catering events, or food truck with HAY! Straws.
HAY! Straws are a superior alternative to both plastic and paper straws. Because they are 100% biodegradable, they reduce the number of harmful plastics that pollute the environment and negatively impact ecosystems around the world. Designed by nature to withstand the elements, HAY! Straws can be used in hot drinks, unlike most other plastic straw alternatives. And unlike paper straws, they do not get soggy, are made from a renewable source, and require minimal processing. Since HAY! Straws are purely wheat, they're also 100% compostable.
These natural straws also add visual appeal when served with your signature cocktails and sodas with their unique appearance and slightly golden color. No two straws are exactly alike, thanks to naturally occurring variance among plants. Each straw is soaked and rinsed three times with sterilized water to ensure hygienic use, air-dried, and inspected for quality. HAY! Straws are also hand-packed into cardboard boxes for complete plastic-free packaging. Straws are not intended to be eaten or digested and should only be used as a straw to drink various liquids.
Inner Diameter: 3 1/2 - 5mm
Upon disposal, biodegradable products are capable of being broken down by biological microorganisms, without harming the environment.
Compostable products will naturally degrade into nutrient-rich organic materials when disposed of with other compostable items in limited areas where facilities exist, leaving no visible or toxic residue.
This item is gluten-free per the manufacturer.
People Talk About:dissolve great paper addition alternative awesome bar cocktails compliments course
These are SUCH a great addition to the bar. We found paper straws disgusting and was thrilled to find this alternative product. Perfect height for short cocktails and DO NOT dissolve over the course of the drink!
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register