14" Wood Bouillon / Chinois Pestle
$11.64/EachShips free with Plus
|Buy 3 - 5||$12.08/Each|
- Great for pressing, crushing, and pushing ingredients and mixtures through strainers
- Fits standard-sized chinois and china cap strainers
- Helps to release the oils and flavors of ingredients for tastier sauces, soups, and dishes
- Made of natural, solid wood
- Eliminates the need for electric grinders or food processors
- Rounded, ergonomic handle ensures a firm, comfortable grip
You May Also Need View All Items
Emmet's Elixir Wood Conditioner / Cutting Board Oil 16 oz. Squeeze Bottle Michigan Maple Block Co.
plus $15.99 / Each
8" Reinforced Bouillon / Chinois Strainer
plus $21.49 / Each
10" Reinforced Bouillon / Chinois Strainer
plus $25.99 / Each
Matfer Bourgeat 017360MC 8" Exoglass Bouillon Strainer / Chinois
plus $92.99 / Each
Vollrath 47178 12" Coarse China Cap Strainer
plus $36.99 / Each
Vollrath 47168 12" Fine China Cap Strainer
plus $38.49 / Each
Vollrath 47167 9 3/4" Fine China Cap Strainer
plus $32.49 / Each
Vollrath 47166 8" Fine China Cap Strainer
plus $22.99 / Each
|Length||13 7/8 Inches|
|Maximum Diameter||3 1/8 Inches|
Customer questions about this product
- Why are the dimensions in the title different from the actual dimensions in the description?
- The dimensions given in the title represent an “industry standard” – a basic size that most manufacturers produce and that people in the industry use to easily identify a type of item. However, not all manufacturers produce their products the same way. For example, a title might say 12", but the item may actually be slightly larger or smaller. We include both measurements to help you find the product you’re looking for, and so you also know how large the product actually is.
- What is the best way to clean and care for my wooden item?
- All wood products should be hand washed. The heat and chemicals of a dishwasher are harmful to wood’s naturally porous texture. If your product begins to show signs of wear, its finish can be restored with a food safe wood conditioner. First, clean and dry the wood. Then, apply the wood conditioner with a soft cloth or paper towel. Once the conditioner has soaked into the item, buff off any excess with a clean cloth. Having excess conditioner on a wood board will make it feel sticky or oily.
This 14" wood bouillon / chinois pestle makes food prep easier than ever! Featuring a conical shape that's designed to fit into standard-sized chinois and china cap strainers, this pestle allows you to effortlessly press, crush, and push ingredients and mixtures through the bottom of strainers into mixing bowls and food bins. By pushing and crushing the ingredients, you effectively release all the oils and flavors for tastier sauces, soups, and dishes.
Made of natural, solid wood, this pestle eliminates the need for electric grinders or food processors and ensures simple clean up. Its rounded, ergonomic handle also provides a firm, comfortable grip while in use. Pack your signature recipes with flavor with the help of this wooden pestle!
Maximum Diameter: 3 1/8"
Length: 13 7/8"
Hand Wash Only
To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.
People Talk About:wood chinois Pestle strainer China excellent oil quality perfectly strainers
I have never used such a heavy chinois pestle before; it practically pushes the food through itself without any help! The grain is gorgeous and the handle fits all sizes of hands. It works well with the 8" Reinforced Bouillon / Chinois Strainer, item #40720P. The wood is unfinished and very smooth. We purchased this pestle in Dec. 2018 and it still looks new. There are no cracks and the wood is as smooth as ever. This is a very fine product. If you need a very large, heavy chinois pestle you absolutely can not go wrong with this one!
Fits the 8" Reinforced Bouillon / Chinois Strainer like a glove and perfectly presses au jus from boiled chicken carcasses when preparing a stock. So far a periodic coating of mineral oil had kept this pestle strong and clean, so if you maintain it, this thing is worth the cost!
This Pestle is perfect for forcing vegetables through your strainer. The heavy wood design makes it easy to handle. The weight is perfect and it does not wear out your forearms during use. So easy to clean and maintain.
This is a necessary accessory for your china hat strainer. The wood selected is quality, and construction is top notch. I treated mine with a mixture of bees wax and mineral oil - just like my wooden cutting boards. If you have a china hat - this will help get them most out of it. This is an excellent product at an excellent price.
Solid wood construction, necessary companion to your chinois and china cap strainer. This is a large one, so make sure you have a large enough strainer to use it on. Easy to clean and doesn't slip in your hands.
No more wasting foods, now you can get the most juice out of everything. This wooden bouillon is very easy to use and works great with most strainers
This works really well to push cooked vegetables through my Chinois strainer. I wasn't sure whether or not I should buy such a single-purpose tool but it is excellent at doing what I need it to do.
The 14" Wood Pestle is a big boy and necessary companion for your Chinois Strainer. This item goes perfectly with 8" or larger Chinois or China Cap strainers on Webstaurant store. The Pestle is obviously carved from a single piece of wood. I'm no expert on wood, but it feels like its a dense type of wood. The pestle has excellent weight to it and mine had no imperfections. It arrived in perfect shape. The wood pestle is untreated, raw wood but a few layers of mineral oil or a butcher block oil will give it a nice protective coating and prevent stains and odors from the food that this monster will eventually smash through the fine mesh of your strainer. An excellent value as well given the size and quality.
if you really want to achieve the professional quality sauce like what you'd find in a fine dining restaurant, then you need this pestle along with the matter chinois! could not be happier with this purchase
This pestle is a beast! It works very well in my chinois, but my favorite use for it is in my china cap strainer. It pushes all the food through the fine holes with ease.
Heavy and perfectly long for the chinois. I wish it were a slightly smaller diameter to see what was left to mash, but it is very high quality. I use a wood block oil to keep the wood in good shape. I recommend!
The 14" Bouillon/ Chinois Pestle is heavy and long. This can be used for many different things and it is easy to clean. The price is reasonable at Webstaurant!
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register