This product is no longer available. We've left this page up for reference only.
- Ideal for protecting light-sensitive items such as medication, film, and electronics during shipping
- Made of virgin LDPE with UVI/UVA color additives to protect from UV light and color fading
- Does not allow beyond 10% light tranmission at wavelengths from 290nm to 450nm
- Meets USP XXII and USP XXIII pharmaceutical industry requirements
- Zipper closure allows for reuse
- Shipping Weight
- 28 lb.
- 8 Inches
- 14 Inches
- Closure Style
- Zip Top
- Gusset Style
- No Gusset / Flat
- LDPE Plastic
- 3 Mil
- Industrial Bags
UV Protective Bags
Customer questions about this product
- What does the thickness mean on my plastic bag?
- The standard thickness for plastic bags is 2 - 3 mil. One "mil" refers to one thousandth of an inch. Bags that are thinner, such as bags with 1 mil, 1.25 mil, and 1.5 mil thicknesses, are better for single-use and disposable purposes. Bags that are thicker, including bags with a thickness of 4 mil and up, are considered hefty and are more reusable than thinner alternatives.
Ensure the protection and preservation of light-sensitive materials during shipping with this Lavex Industrial 8" x 14" 3 mil UV-protective reclosable amber polyethylene bag with zipper. Manufactured to meet pharmaceutical industry USP XXII and USP XXIII standards, this amber is made of virgin low density polyethylene with an amber color additive to provide excellent protection from UV light. It prevents light transmission beyond 10% at wavelengths from 290nm to 450nm. This ensures the preservation of quality and performance for medication, film, computer hard drives and other types of electronics, and any other light-sensitive items during transit.
Because it's made of virgin low density polyethylene (LDPE) resin, this bag offers the best in durability, consistency, and purity. It is made without the use of recycled or repurposed material, making it free of potential impurities, inconsistencies, and defects of the resin manufacturing process that compromise the integrity and hygiene of bags. The bag's zipper closure provides a tight seal and allows the bag to be reused as many times as necessary. Additionally, the bag has a durable side weld construction ensuring reliable integrity.
Thickness: 3 mil