Other Available Styles:
Installation ServicesCheck if installation is currently available for your area. Enter ZIP Code >
- Left side compressor; uses eco-friendly R290 refrigerant to maintain temperature
- Heavy-duty stainless steel floor
- Self-closing doors include key locks and magnetic door gaskets for positive door sealing
- Can hold up to (300) 12 oz. bottles, (325) 12 oz. cans, or (288) long neck bottles
- Glass doors and LED lights add better product visibility
- Shipping Weight
- 284 lb.
- 48 Inches
- 24 1/2 Inches
- 34 Inches
- Interior Width
- 36 1/8 Inches
- Interior Depth
- 19 Inches
- Nominal Depth
- Interior Height
- 29 1/2 Inches
- 1 Phase
- 115 Volts
- 12.4 cu. ft.
- Compressor Location
- Side Mounted
- Compressor Style
- Side / Rear Breathing
- Door Style
- Door Type
- Exterior Finish
- Alternate Condenser Location
Made in America
- 1/4 HP
- Number of Doors
- 2 Doors
- Number of Shelves
- 4 Shelves
- Plug Type
- NEMA 5-15P
- Refrigerant Type
- Top Type
- Below Counter
Customer questions about this product
Does Beverage-Air warrant this item for use in a food truck?
This item is covered under Beverage-Air's warranty contingent upon the unit being kept in a controlled climate. This means that the interior of the food truck may not be susceptible to extreme high or low temperatures. If warranty service is required, the truck must be able to sit stationary for 24-48 hours to allow for a technician to service the equipment.
I haven’t heard of R-290, R-600a, R-513a, or R-448A refrigerant before. What is it?
R-290 (also known as high purity propane or CARE 40) and R-600a (also known as refrigerant grade Isobutane or CARE 10) are hydrocarbon refrigerants. R513a (also known as Opteon XP10) and R-448A (also known as Solstice N40) are HFO (hydrofluoroolefin) refrigerants. They are being used by some manufacturers in response to the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program.
What does the “H” or “HC” mean in the newer Beverage-Air model numbers?
This is a representation that the unit is using a “Hydrocarbon” refrigerant. This would include both R290 and R600a refrigerants. They are being used as an eco-friendly refrigerant by Beverage-Air in response to the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program. Read more about this program in our blog post on Refrigerant Regulations.
Why is the location of a left or right side mounted condensing unit important?
Consider your kitchen’s layout when choosing whether to have the condensing unit on the right or left side and pick the configuration that will keep the compressor as far from heat sources as possible. By ensuring that your unit’s compressor is farther away from equipment like undercounter dishwashers and hot food holding equipment, you can significantly extend the life of the unit.
Beverage-Air BB48HC-1-G-B-ALT Details
Keep beverages cold and ready to serve in your bar with this Beverage-Air BB48HC-1-G-B-ALT black glass door back bar refrigerator with a left side compressor! Designed with galvanized steel walls and a durable, heavy-duty stainless steel floor, this unit's cabinet construction prevents damages from routine loading and unloading of bottles, cans, or kegs. This model can hold up to (300) 12 oz. bottles, (288) 12 oz. cans, or (325) long neck bottles. The stainless steel interior floor will also resist corrosion from spills and leaks. Plus, the cabinet's narrow depth allows for more working room behind crowded bars.
To show off your products and provide easy access to the contents of the cooler, this model has swinging glass doors. The doors are self-closing so staff don't need to worry about pushing the doors closed during busy service times, and the doors also stay open when needed to make loading the refrigerator easier. Also, door locks are standard to help you secure your stock after hours. Inside, this model has 2 epoxy coated shelves per section for a total of 4 shelves to help you organize your beverage products and bright, cool LED lighting for merchandising and to help workers find what they need in dark bar areas.
Running on 1/4 hp, this unit boasts a balanced forced-air refrigeration system that chills your items faster. It uses R290 refrigerant to maintain a consistent and cool temperature. This specialized refrigerant has an ozone depletion potential (ODP) of 0 and a global warming potential (GWP) of 3, making it an environmentally-responsible choice for your business. Full electronic controls help your staff to keep tabs on the unit's performance and make adjustments as necessary. This unit requires a 115V electrical connection for operation.
Depth: 24 1/2"
Capacity: 12.4 cu. ft.
Width: 36 1/8"
Height: 29 1/2"
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
Because this item is not stocked in our warehouse, processing, transit times and stock availability will vary. If you need your items by a certain date, please contact us prior to placing your order. Expedited shipping availability may vary. We cannot guarantee that this item can be cancelled off of the order or returned once it is placed.
This unit comes with a NEMA 5-15P plug.
UL Listed, US & Canada
This product has been certified by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) to meet applicable safety standards required for use in the United States and Canada.
Made in America
This item was made in the United States of America.
Resources and Downloads for
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information. Download Adobe Acrobat software
Note: Beverage Air equipment purchased in 2013 or later will have a 3 year parts and labor warranty. Equipment purchased prior to 2013 will have a 1 year parts and labor warranty. RESIDENTIAL USERS: Your warranty will be voided if installed in non-commercial or residential applications.
Other Products from this Line
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-G-B 72" Black Underbar Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-GS-B 72" Black Underbar Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB36HC-1-G-B 36" Black Underbar Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-GS-B-27 72" Black Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB58HC-1-G-B 59" Black Counter Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB48HC-1-GS-B-27 48" Black Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-G-S 72" Stainless Steel Underbar Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB36HC-1-B 36" Black Underbar Height Solid Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB58HC-1-GS-B 59" Black Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB58HC-1-G-S 58" Stainless Steel Counter Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB58HC-1-B 59" Black Counter Height Solid Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-B 72" Black Underbar Height Solid Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-GS-S-27 72" Stainless Steel Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-G-S-27 72" Stainless Steel Counter Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB72HC-1-G-B-27 72"Black Counter Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB68HC-1-B 69" Black Counter Height Solid Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB36HC-1-B-ALT 36" Black Underbar Height Solid Door Back Bar Refrigerator with Left Side Compressor
- Beverage-Air BB36HC-1-S 36" Stainless Steel Underbar Height Solid Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB36HC-1-G-S 36" Stainless Steel Underbar Height Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator
- Beverage-Air BB48HC-1-GS-B-27-ALT 48" Black Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator with Left Side Compressor
- Beverage-Air BB48HC-1-GS-S-27-ALT 48" Stainless Steel Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Back Bar Refrigerator with Left Side Compressor
- Beverage-Air BB48HC-1-GS-PT-S-27 48" Stainless Steel Counter Height Sliding Glass Door Pass Through Back Bar Refrigerator
5 reviews rated this 5 out of 5 stars.
0 reviews rated this 4 out of 5 stars.
0 reviews rated this 3 out of 5 stars.
0 reviews rated this 2 out of 5 stars.
0 reviews rated this 1 out of 5 stars.
Customer Photos & Videos
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register