3M 1005 Low Range Oil Quality Test Strips - 40/Pack
$19.85/PackShips free with Plus
- Accurately measures FFA concentration up to 2.5 percent
- Low range strips provide a more precise reading of early oil degradation
- Eliminates the guesswork of when to change your oil
- Saves money by preventing premature dumping of fryer oil
- Works in all types of shortening, including animal, vegetable, or blended shortenings
- Fast results and no interruption of frying time
- Food safe
- Works in operating temperatures of 325-400 degrees Fahrenheit
Other Products from this Line
|3M 1005 Specs|
|Maximum Temperature||400 Degrees F|
|Package Size||40 Pieces|
|Type||Oil Test Strips|
Customer questions about this product
- Why should I filter my fryer oil?
- Regularly filtering your fryer oil saves money. It extends the life of your fryer oil, which in turn leads to less frequent refills.
3M 1005 Details
The 3M low range fryer oil quality test strips are a great way to measure the shortening breakdown in your fryer. Compared to standard test strips, the low range strips deliver accurate FFA (free fatty acid) concentration ratings from 1 to 2.5 percent, providing a more precise reading of early oil degradation. These test strips help save money by preventing premature dumping of fryer oil. Of course, it's also important not to overuse your fryer oil, as that can result in poor food quality. These strips take the guesswork out of deciding when to change your oil so you can get the most out of your supply while maintaining consistent products. They're food safe, and they work in operating temperatures of 325 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
To test your fryer oil, use tongs to hold the test strip by the long white end, and dip the test strip into hot oil so all of the blue bands are submerged. Hold the test strip in the oil for 5 seconds, then remove it and wait 30 seconds. Next, hold the strip to the light, compare it to the included evaluation guide, and follow the recommendations. To ensure proper functionality, these low range test strips should not be stored in humid conditions or in an area where they may be exposed to water or oil before use. Always keep test strip bottles tightly closed and store any bottles not in use in a refrigerator or freezer.
People Talk About:test strips Handy buy deep oil intended helps hand great
Test strips work but we went through them pretty quick. We have a lot of fryers. Used them up and then decided to buy eye dropper oil test kit.
Handy dandy test strips do the job they were intended to do very well and the price from Webstaurant cannot be beat! We'd buy them again and again!
These oil test strips are great to have on hand for anyone who deep fries a lot. We have many deep fried options on our menu, this helps!!
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it.Login or Register