The 12 Drinks of Christmas
With the winter holidays quickly approaching, it's time to update your drink list with Christmas themed cocktails! Create a holiday drink special for the month of December, or send your guests home with a perfectly packaged winter cocktail kit. The 12 drinks of Christmas are just as delicious when you make them at home, maybe while finishing up some holiday shopping online or watching a new holiday flick.Shop All Holiday Drink Syrups
Our Christmas alcoholic drinks are delicious any time of year, but they'll add some festive flair to your drink menu during the cold winter months. This list of holiday cocktail recipes has something for everyone, from the chocolate lovers to the eggnog fans. Find your new favorite winter cocktail below!
1. Blue Christmas Cocktail Recipe
If you're looking for a unique holiday drink with a stunning presentation, try our Blue Christmas cocktail. You'll be anything but blue after one sip of this brightly colored drink.
- 3 Tbsp. gold or yellow sanding sugar
- 12 oz. bottle Boylan lemon seltzer
- 2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. white rum
- 3 Tbsp. Monin blue raspberry syrup
- Lemon wedges for rimming and garnish
- Rim two rocks glasses using a lemon wedge and dip into gold sanding sugar.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine the raspberry syrup, Curacao, vodka, and rum. Shake to chill.
- Place one large ice cube in each glass.
- Strain the drink into both glasses and top with lemon seltzer.
- Garnish the drinks with lemon curls or wedges and serve.
2. Ano Nuevo Horchata Recipe
Try this sophisticated twist on a Dalgona coffee recipe! You may have seen whipped coffee on social media, but our non-dairy version is spiked with tequila and has the festive flavor of a classic horchata drink.
- 3 Tbsp. coarse sanding sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. Kahlua
- 4 oz. almond milk, ice cold
- 3 oz. dark agave syrup
- 4 Tbsp. hot water
- 4 Tbsp. espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon on a plate or glass rimmer.
- Wet the rims of two highball glasses and dip into the sanding sugar mixture.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine the nutmeg, Kalua, tequila, and dark agave. Shake to chill.
- In a large glass, combine the hot water and the espresso powder. Using a milk frother, whip the coffee to stiff peaks.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Strain equal amounts of the tequila mixture into each glass.
- Pour 2 oz. of almond milk into each glass.
- Top the almond milk with the whipped Dalgona coffee mixture and serve immediately.
3. Winter Sea Breeze Recipe
The winter sea breeze is a bubbly, refreshing cocktail with grapefruit juice and a hint of mint. Try offering this festive drink instead of mimosas at your holiday brunch.
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- 2 oz. tonic water
- Pomegranate seeds
- Mint leaves
- Mix the vodka, grapefruit juice, and tonic water in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in the drink mixture.
- Garnish with the pomegranate seeds, cranberries, and mint, then serve.
4. Red Stag Dirty Shirley Recipe
Red Stag bourbon meets cherry syrup and a bubbly splash of lemon-lime soda in this holiday cocktail. It's the grown-up version of the Shirley Temple!
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- 1 1/2 oz. Red Stag black cherry bourbon
- 5 oz. lemon-lime soda
- Splash of maraschino cherry syrup
- Maraschino cherries
- Pour the grenadine, cherry bourbon, soda, and maraschino cherry syrup into a glass filled with ice and stir.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and serve.
5. Peppermint Hot Cocoa Recipe
This rich beverage has the ideal ratio of chocolate to peppermint, making it the perfect drink to enjoy after dinner or on a cool night while relaxing by the fireplace.
- 5 oz. prepared hot cocoa
- 1 oz. peppermint schnapps
- Prepare the hot chocolate per the mix directions.
- Pour the hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps into a glass or mug and stir.
- Toast the marshmallows over your stove or with a butane torch.
- Garnish with the torched marshmallows and serve.
6. Winter Sangria Recipe
This holiday sangria is full of apples, cranberries, and raspberries. Our recipe yields 1 pitcher of sangria that you can chill overnight and serve the next day at your catered brunch or holiday party.
- 12 oz. Sprite
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 2 apples, cubed
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 pint red raspberries
- Simple syrup to taste
- Rosemary sprigs
- Mix all of the ingredients except the Sprite and rosemary sprigs in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it’s chilled and you’re ready to serve it.
- Add the Sprite to the pitcher just before serving.
- Garnish each glass with a rosemary sprig and serve.
7. Cinnamon Candy Apple Recipe
Red and green are layered into a festive shot that looks as good as it tastes! Start the fun early and warm up your guests by serving this sweet and spicy shot.
- 3/4 oz. sour apple schnapps
- 3/4 oz. cinnamon whiskey or tequila
- Red food coloring
- Pour the sour apple schnapps into a shot glass.
- Color the cinnamon liquor with red food coloring.
- Layer the cinnamon liquor over the schnapps by pouring it slowly over the back of a spoon. Serve immediately.
8. Mulled Wine Sangria Recipe
We combined the fruity flavor of a classic sangria with the fragrant spices of mulled wine. Warm up your holiday guests with this mulled wine sangria recipe.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 3 mandarin orange slices
- Handful of cranberries
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Sugar to taste
- Lemon-lime soda or club soda (optional, for sparkle)
- Pour the brandy, triple sec, fruit, and all but 1 cup of red wine into a pitcher and stir, then set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the orange juice, spices, and remaining red wine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add granulated sugar to the simmering mixture if you desire a sweeter beverage.
- Simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes, then strain the liquid through a cheesecloth and strainer to remove the whole spices.
- Add this mixture to the pitcher and refrigerate it overnight.
- Pour the sangria into individual wine glasses and serve.
- If you want to add sparkle and sweetness to your sangria, top the mixture off with a splash of 7 Up or Sprite. Or use club soda to add sparkle without any extra sweetness.
9. Whipped Caramel Hot Cocoa Recipe
Topped with a dollop of whipped cream, this hot and steamy drink is perfect for cuddling up after a long day in the bitter cold!
- 7 oz. prepared hot cocoa
- 3/4 oz. whipped cream-flavored vodka
- 3/4 oz. caramel vodka
- Whipped cream
- 1 oz. dark chocolate, for garnish
- Prepare the hot cocoa and pour it into a glass mug.
- Stir the whipped cream vodka and caramel vodka into the hot cocoa.
- Prepare the dark chocolate shavings by using a chocolate shaver or vegetable peeler.
- Top the mixture with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings and serve.
10. Salted Caramel Martini Recipe
Nothing beats the flavor combination of sweet and salty, all wrapped up in a beautifully decorated holiday martini!
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel syrup
- 2 oz. Bailey's caramel liqueur, plus extra for garnishing
- Kosher salt
- 2 oz. salted caramel vodka
- 1 oz. chocolate vodka
- 1 oz. dark creme de cocoa
- 1/2 oz. half and half
- 1 oz. salted caramel syrup
- Line the interior of a martini glass with the chocolate and caramel syrups, and place it in the freezer until the syrups harden.
- Rim the glass with the extra Bailey's caramel liqueur and kosher salt.
- Shake the salted caramel vodka, chocolate vodka, dark creme de cocoa, half and half, salted caramel syrup, and 2 oz. of Bailey's caramel liquor in a cocktail shaker and pour into the garnished martini glass.
11. Chambord Kir Royale Recipe
Ring in the New Year the right way with our Chambord Kir Royal cocktail recipe! Make a special toast this season with the refreshing taste of raspberry and a spritz from your favorite champagne.
- 1/4 oz. Chambord
- Lemon twist
- Pour the Chambord into a flute glass.
- Top the Chambord with champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and serve.
12. Eggnog Cocktail Recipe
One of the most traditional holiday beverages is now featured as an elegant eggnog cocktail. Rimmed with classic spiced cookies, this dessert beverage makes the perfect finish to your holiday dinner.
- 4 oz. full-fat eggnog, plus extra for garnishing
- Spiced cookies, crushed
- 2 oz. spiced rum
- 1 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1/2 oz. eggnog syrup
- Cinnamon sugar
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Wet the rim of a glass with the extra eggnog and dip into the crushed spiced cookies.
- Mix the spiced rum, vanilla vodka, dark rum, eggnog syrup, and 4 oz. of eggnog in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the mixture into the rimmed glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon sugar and nutmeg and serve.
Count down the 12 days of Christmas with these classic holiday drinks and put your patrons in the holiday spirit. Get ready for the holiday season and update your beverage menu with any of our festive drinks and cocktails.