Beer Battered Fish Tacos Recipe
Nothing says summer like refreshing citrus, and our fish taco recipe is bursting with strong tangerine flavor. By seasoning our fish with tangerine zest, the citrus blends with the savory and spicy batter to create a nice depth of flavor. We also added Stone Tangerine Express IPA to our batter because the carbonation makes the batter light, and the tangerine in the beer complements our slaw. Additionally, the jalapeno and cayenne pepper give these fish tacos a spicy kick that cuts through the bitterness of the hoppy IPA. This recipe is quick and simple to make, and the hardest part is not drinking all of the Stone Tangerine Express IPA before you add it to the batter.
How to Make Beer Battered Fish Tacos with Stone Tangerine Express IPA
Ingredients for Slaw
- 4 cups of red and green cabbage
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno
- 3 tbsp. red onion
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. tangerine zest
Ingredients for Fish Tacos
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 lb. mild white fish cut into chunks
- 2 cups of Stone Tangerine Express IPA
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cilantro (garnish)
- Avocado slices
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Combine the slaw ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until the contents are coated and set aside.
- For the batter, combine all-purpose and rice flours, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and Stone Tangerine Express IPA in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Season your fish with salt, pepper, and tangerine zest. Dip your seasoned fish into the batter to coat.
- Fry your fish until it turns golden brown and crispy. Remove your fish to a cooling rack with parchment paper beneath to catch any excess oil.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan until they are soft.
- Place the tortillas on your plate and add the fried fish, avocado, and slaw. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve your fish tacos with pico de gallo and lime wedges, if desired.
While our beer battered fish tacos are inspired by summer, they are great all year round. The sweet flavor from the tangerine and the bitterness of the hops in the Stone Tangerine Express IPA help to set this recipe apart from other fish tacos. This recipe is simple to make and pairs well with any citrus-y IPA, making it a great addition to your bar or restaurant menu.