Burrata Salad with Fig and Crispy Prosciutto Recipe: WebstaurantEats Recipes
If you're looking for a refreshing appetizer, flavorful lunch, or mouth-watering side dish, we have the perfect recipe for you. This burrata salad features fig, crispy prosciutto, and brown sugar vinaigrette for a dynamic dish that your guests will remember.
Burrata is an Italian cheese with a solid Mozzarella outer shell and a soft inside of cream and cheese curd. The creamy texture and mild flavor of burratta contrasts with the sweet figs and savory prosciutto to create a rich, delectable salad. Finished off with a brown sugar vinaigrette, this fig salad is a perfect addition to any banquet, restaurant, or party menu.
Burrata Salad with Fig, Crispy Prosciutto, and Brown Sugar Vinaigrette
Recipe by: Ronne Day (Food Stylist)
Serves: 4 - 6
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. prosciutto, cut into ½-inch strips lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 figs, preferably at least two different varieties, cut in half
- 1 ½ lb. burrata, in three balls, each ball torn into 4 pieces
- 4 cups combined small Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, frisee and watercress, preferably upland
- A variety of microgreens, for garnish
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat until simmering.
- Working in batches, add the prosciutto and cook until crisp, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat, and slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Divide some lettuce leaves and cress between four plates. Arrange the burrata, figs, and prosciutto on and around the lettuce.
- Drizzle the salad with some of the brown sugar vinaigrette. Finish with the microgreens and serve.
You can find this burrata salad and more on WebstaurantStore's Instagram page.