Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad Recipe: WebstaurantEats Recipes
Panzanella, or panmolle, is a refreshing salad made up of onions, tomatoes, and soaked croutons. Panzanella salad originated in Tuscany, Italy and continues to thrive in central Italy and around the world during the hotter months.
Pair this panmolle salad with a charcuterie board, and you'll have a delicious Italian spread. Continue reading to discover our delicious panzanella salad recipe.
Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad Recipe
Recipe by: Ronne Day (Food Stylist)
Serves: 6 - 8
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 lb. of quality loaf sourdough bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- Olive oil to cover bread and corn
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. of heirloom tomatoes (preferably different colors) diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 small sweet onion, sliced, about 1 cup
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch half moons
- 8 oz. of cherry-sized mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves (small whole leaves or large torn leaves)
- 1/2 cup of pea shoots
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat grill to high.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, parsley, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil until the mixture is a suspended emulsion, and set aside.
- Lightly brush the bread slices and corn with oil, then season both.
- Grill the bread (about 3 to 4 minutes) and corn (about 4 to 5 minutes) until grill marks appear.
- Transfer bread and corn to a large cutting board.
- Cut the corn off the cob and cut the bread into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Transfer bread cubes and corn to a large serving bowl.
- Add the onion, cucumbers, and mozzarella. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Add the tomatoes and gently toss. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Toss with the basil leaves, garnish with the pea shoots, and serve with the remaining dressing and the lemon wedges.
You can find this panzanella or panmolle recipe and more on WebstaurantStore's Instagram Page.