Using a soda fountain for your beverage service is a great way to increase your profit margins. Syrup and water costs less than prepared foods and soda fountain glasses are a great place to print your logo and slogan. Consider offering free refills on your fountain drinks to encourage more cost conscious customers to order something more than water.
How long does a 5 gallon bag in box last? Use this bag in box system guide to determine how many servings you will get from our 5 gallon bag in box soda system. There is no set number of servings but if you follow the formula below you can get a rough estimate of how many drinks you would get from one 5 gallon bag in box.
- Your bag-in-box holds 5 gallons of syrup.
- There are 128 ounces in 1 gallon. So, there are 640 ounces in 5 gallons.
- Your soda fountain system will mix water and syrup at a 5 to 1 ratio.
- Divide cup size by 6 for number of ounces of syrup used per cup.
Example for 10 oz. cup: 10 ÷ 6 = approximately 1.7
There are approximately 1.7 oz. of syrup used per each 10 oz. cup
- Divide oz. of syrup used per cup by 640 total oz.
Example: 640 ÷ 1.7 = approximately 376
- This is the estimated number of servings per 5 gallon bag in box (*excluding ice)
Estimated Servings Based on Cup Size
|Cup Size||Total oz. of syrup used||Total number of servings per each 5 gallon bag in box**|
For more information on bag in box soda systems and the savings you could see by switching to Fox's, check out this video!