It's no secret that guests expect and look forward to complementary single-use amenities in hotels or resorts. The brands, scents, and amenities you choose can impact your guests' overall impression of your hotel, so it's important to provide an option that shows that you value their business. Since hotel amenities come in a variety of scents, sizes, and shapes, choosing the right collection for your inn can be somewhat overwhelming. The right selection will ensure that guests walk away feeling rested and refreshed, and will contribute to their level of comfort in your hotel. This guide will take some of the guesswork out of choosing the perfect line of amenities and will help you exceed guests' expectations!
Types of Amenities
To provide your guests with quality amenities that will pamper them from head to toe, there are a variety of options available in single-use portions, perfect for bathroom counters, amenity trays, or nightstands. Round out your amenities package with several of the following complementary products to give your guests the ultimate experience.
- Body and face bars cleanse the body and rejuvenate the skin
- Shampoos remove dirt, oils, and skin particles that build up in hair
- Conditioners moisturize, protect, and replenish hair
- Lotions restore moisture to the skin and eliminate dryness and irritation
- Body washes evenly coat and cleanse the skin without bar soap lathering
Hotel soaps are sized in two standard ways ("nominal" and "actual").
Nominal soap sizing actually dates back to the beginning of the soap industry. Adopted by leading amenities manufacturers, it has been used for so long that it is considered an acceptable option for soap sizing and is, in fact, the most advantageous technique for most companies to use so that their labels remain competitive. Nominal size works out to be about .25 ounces more than if you were to state the soap size in actual ounces.
Actual soap sizing is the most important sizing method when it comes to soap bar sizing. Pay attention to this whenever it is available so that you know how much you are really paying for!
Weight in Ounces
The standard single-use size that is perfectly portioned for overnight guests.
A more generous size that can withstand multiple washes before running out.
A long-lasting economy size.
Give your guests a relaxing bedtime routine after tours, business conferences, or conventions with a variety of amenities in calming almond or milk & honey, or wake them up and replenish their energy with invigorating grapefruit and sage, lemongrass, or bergamot orange. The following scents are all available in our Disposable Hotel Bath Amenities category and offer a variety of soothing additions, like aloe, or with exfoliating properties. One is sure to suit your needs!
- Calming with subtle sweetness and moisturizing properties
- Bergamot Orange
- Fresh, zesty, and bold, this scent recharges the senses while vitamin C replenishes skin elasticity
- With antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, this calming scent will refresh your guests and remove the exhaustion of a long day.
- Fresh & Clean
- Mild and cleansing scent without additives
- Grapefruit & Sage
- Fresh and citrusy with peppery herbal notes
- Jasmine & Orange
- Bold and sweet orange scents mix with delicate hints of jasmine for hydrating and de-stressing aromatherapy
- With energizing properties, this bright and clean scent will wake up your guests' senses
- Milk & Honey
- Sweet and moisturizing, these ingredients draw out skin's impurities while rehydrating
Features and Uses
- Deodorizing – The prime reason guests will jump in the shower at your hotel or bed and breakfast is to banish smells and feel fresh and clean after a long journey or stressful meeting. A good deodorizing soap will fight and prevent odors—not just mask them with a smell. If your hotel is off the beaten path and frequently welcomes weary travelers, consider soap with deodorizing qualities. Guests will appreciate your foresight and be refreshed and prepared for another day of traveling or a packed tour schedule. Choose a deodorizing soap with a pleasant and long lasting fragrance to keep guests fresh the whole day through.
- Economical – Many factors go into choosing a line of amenities for every hotel, but if price is your chief concern, we offer several economically-priced brands to keep overhead costs low.
- Environmentally-Friendly – Our site offers many bath amenity lines that are great for your skin and the earth. All of the products in these lines are made from vegetable-based materials rather than animal-based materials, have biodegradable packaging, and are energy risk professional (ERP) certified. They are ideal for environmentally-conscious consumers and vegan guests, and will show that you put a little extra effort in making your hotel sustainable, adding to its appeal!
- Exfoliating – If your guests are plagued with rough or scaly patches of skin and need some extra rejuvenation, exfoliating soap is just what the doctor ordered. Exfoliating soaps break down calluses, increase circulation, and promote new skin cell production. They will give guests skin some extra TLC, and every trip to your establishment will feel like a spa getaway. Pamper guests with a spa-quality soap that buffs their complexion silky smooth. Products with pumice are great for sloughing off dead skin cells.
- Moisturizing – Some of the germ-killings ingredients in soap cause natural oil to be stripped away from the skin, resulting in dryness. Not only is dry skin uncomfortable, it heals more slowly when injured and is more likely to become scarred. Remedy this problem and give your guests silky soft hands with a moisturizing soap. Moisturizing soaps include fatty acids or enriched cream to restore skin's moisture layer and repair damaged skin. Moisturizing ingredients you can find in hotel soaps include aloe, vitamin E, or oatmeal. For an added bonus, provide your guests with a moisturizing lotion to apply to face, hands, and body to lock in moisture and preserve the smoothness that moisturizing soap leaves behind.
When choosing a line of body care products to offer your guests, it is important to consider potential allergies and what you will do to accommodate these. You can choose a line containing non-hypoallergenic amenities and have hypoallergenic products available upon request, or you can choose to supply a hypoallergenic line to all guests. The following issues are uncommon irritations, but may be caused by soap and other bath products.
- Balsam of Peru
- This substance creates warm scents such as vanilla and cinnamon, but although it smells good, it is a common allergen. The main ingredient causes rashes in those allergic. You may want to avoid products containing these scents to accommodate all guests.
- Coconut Diethanolamide
- Coconut extracts and oils are found in several varieties of soap because they are good moisturizers and scents. Those allergic to coconut diethanolamide, however, will experience a rash from using these products over an extended period. Because adverse effects are only shown over time, it is not likely that a short stay guest will become irritated from single-use bath products, but keep these side effects in mind when choosing amenities for your hotel.
- As the actual ingredients in fragrance are not required to be disclosed on the label, many soap brands simply acknowledge whether their product is or is not fragrant on the label. If guests have an allergy or irritation caused by the fragrance in soap, the only remedy is to use a fragrance-free brand.
- Another common ingredient in soap, paraben is used as a preservative. Although allergic reactions are not common with paraben, it may cause rashes, irritation, and headaches. Be aware that guests could potentially suffer from a paraben allergy.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Although this is not an allergen, it is found in nearly all soaps. It creates the foaming action and strips the skin of essential oils, and, when overused, leaves skin dry and irritated. Pair your soaps with a lotion to avoid irritation caused by this chemical.
Aromae distributes hair and skin care products with luxurious additions such as aloe, sage, rosemary, chamomile, bergamot, green tea, eucalyptus, and fresh citrus that hydrate and energize, stimulate and rejuvenate. And, as always, Aromae products are never tested on animals.
Basic Earth Botanicals combines elegant simplicity and quality ingredients to pamper the body and delight the senses. These vegetable-based soaps contain the finest ingredients and fragrances with a citrus blend of eucalyptus and lemon myrtle and are sold in biodegradable packaging.
A widely recognized bath care company, Dove offers a dermatologist-recommended cleansing bar to gently clean skin. Dove hotel amenities are made with quality moisturizing ingredients.
The Ecossential Naturals Collection is designed to delight the senses with crisp notes of citrus and herbs. Ecossential amenities offer refreshing lemon breeze blends, nutrient rich botanicals, paraben-free formulations, and ERP biodegradable plastic packaging.
Perfect for a morning wake-up or evening relaxation, Judith Jackson Spa amenities will refresh your senses with paraben-free citrus scents that combine the essences of orange, grapefruit, and lime with jojoba oil and vitamin C to leave your guests energized and refreshed.
With coordinated graphics that highlight the beauty of nature, Lord & Mayfair shampoo, conditioner, hydrating lotion, and revitalizing shower gel incorporate soothing fragrances like apricot, rosemary, chamomile, and jasmine. These sweet but subtle scents are perfect for all hospitality venues.
Refreshing and invigorating, with a clean scent, the Tulip line of hotel amenities is both affordable and stylish. The high-end packaging adds value to your guests' freshening up routine while the simple scent and ingredients fit in at any hotel.
Another recognized brand, VO5 is famous for its professional shampoos and conditioners. The cleansing bar, two in one shampoo and conditioner, and lotion contain natural vitamin oils and essential vitamins to keep skin fresh and moisturized and hair fortified from root to tip.
For a more economical alternative to keep guests fresh and clean, consider our generic soap brands. These offer universal packaging, a fresh and clean scent, and gentle cleansing without stripping away natural moisture to gently clean the most sensitive skin.
To further enhance the stay of each guest, consider the additional hotel and bath amenities we offer! Give weary travelers, tourists, and business associates a night of luxury and relaxation, and leave a lasting impression with repeat customers by including one or several of the following in every room, or offering them at the front desk as a courtesy.