Whether your guests are only spending the night or enjoying a weeklong vacation, you’ll want to make sure they feel right at home with the luxury of quality hotel towels. Yet supplying the right amenities for your hotel’s bathroom or spa facilities is not as easy as it might seem. Browsing through our site, you will find different towel materials, border types, and other factors that may sway your decision. If you’re unsure about any of these factors, you’ve come to the right place. And even if you know that you need a bath sheet rather than a regular bath towel, for instance, this hotel towels guide breaks down important purchasing features like material, weight, and price so that you can make the best selection for your specific business.
When you think of hotel towels, only wash cloths, hand towels, and standard bath towels may come to mind. However, to furnish your hotel bathroom with everything your patrons need for a clean and comfortable stay, will you also need bath mats? What about bath sheets or bath robes?
- Bath mats resemble bath towels, but are slightly smaller in size. They are used on bathroom floors in place of a rug or carpet to prevent slippery floors after bathing or showering.
- Providing ample space for drying off, a bath sheet has a larger length and a larger width than a bath towel. Because of its large size, it can drape around your guests sarong-style.
- Bath robes also wrap around your guests, but they are designed with sleeves and a collar to better fit the body. Some include a wrap-around belt to keep the robe in place while your guests are freshening up or relaxing at the spa. They tend to get heavier when saturated with water, so they do not dry as quickly as bath towels.
Now that you have an overview of the types of towels we carry, it’s time to decide which style is right for your venue. Our website takes into account that towels are used in many different locations, from the spa to the gym.
- Usually made of premium ringspun cotton yarns, spa towels are designed for maximum whiteness and designed to provide the ultimate comfort for your guests relaxing at the spa. Generally thicker and softer, they tend to weigh an average of 15-20 lbs. per dozen.
- Regular bath towels can be used in many locations, from gyms to health clubs, to schools, hotels, and more. They can be made from a variety of cotton yarns and cotton polyester blends. Offered in a clean white color to match your bathroom decor, they range from 5-17 lbs. per dozen.
- Summer vacations aren’t complete without a trip to your hotel or resort’s swimming pool, and many pool towels feature fun stripes or bright colors to accommodate a sunny summer feeling. As opposed to regular hotel towels, pool towels are longer and have a similar soft, light feel as spa towels. Since pool towels are subjected to more water, they are more absorbent and designed to dry quickly in the sun.They range from 5-20 lbs. per dozen.
Don’t underestimate the significance of weight! Towels that weigh between 15-20 lbs. per dozen are much more plush and heavy, as compared to thinner towels weighing only 5-10 lbs. per dozen. The denser the towel, the more absorbent the towel. You might not need a towel weighing 15 lbs. per dozen when you’re at the gym, but your customers are sure to notice a difference in the luxurious material of your towels when lounging at your spa!
|$||Cotton/ Polyester blend, Open End Cotton||Economy quality||Athletic clubs, hotels & resorts on a budget||Cam border|
|$$||Ring Spun Cotton, Zero Twist Cotton, 100% Cotton, Combed Cotton Terry||Standard quality||Health clubs, hotels, spas||Cam and dobby border|
|$$$||Ring Spun Cotton, Zero Twist Cotton, 100% Cotton, Egyptian Cotton||Spa quality||Upscale hotels, resorts, spas||Dobby border|
As seen in the table above, towels can have either a cam border or a dobby border. A cam border has a flat weave texture usually featured on the top and bottom of the towel. A dobby border has a decorative weave that can consist of many unique designs, including checkers, stripes, and other patterns. A piano dobby border features elegant stripes lining the edge of the towel that resemble piano keys. Both cam and dobby borders are typically woven an inch or two from the edge of the towel. Dobby borders are considered more upscale than cam borders, which is something you may want to consider at your upscale venue!
Steps for Cleaning Towels
Once you choose the right towels for your establishment, it’s just as important to keep them fresh and clean for each and every guest. Though different hotels and businesses have different wash cycles, here are the steps most commonly used to wash towels:
- Flush - Run the towels underneath water before adding chemicals.
- Wash - Wash the towels in hot water with detergent. Noble Chemical has a great line of detergents and pre-spotters recommended for any business. Check out the laundry chemicals buying guide to lead you in the right direction.
- Brighten - Towels are not recommended for use with bleach. If necessary, a non-chlorine bleach or an oxygen bleach alternative can help maintain the quality and appearance of the material.
- Rinse - Wash away all of the dirt, germs, and unwanted stains to make the towels pure white once again.
- Extract & Dry - Extract the towels immediately after the final rinse cycle to prevent mildew. Use high heat to dry the towels to destroy any remaining germs.
To avoid the cleaning steps listed above, we offer economic alternatives for your business with our selection of disposable amenities! We offer a disposable bath mat that lessens the amount of linens you have to wash. When a new guest arrives, simply set this bath mat in place and dispose of it at the end of the guest’s stay. Our selection of paper guest towels makes a convenient alternative to hand towels. Provide paper guest towels at your restroom facilities, and guests can grab one on their way out and easily dispose of them.
We also offer an array of soaps, shampoos, and more so that your guests will have everything they need--even if they forgot to pack it in their luggage. Click the button below to view a complete selection of disposable hotel and motel amenities.