Using a soda fountain for your beverage service is a great way to increase your profit margins. Syrup and water costs less than prepared foods and soda fountain cups are a great place to print your logo and slogan. Consider offering free refills on your fountain drinks to encourage more cost conscious customers to order something more than water.
How long does a 5 gallon bag in box last? Use this bag in box system guide to determine how many servings you will get from our 5 gallon bag in box soda system. There is no a set number of servings but if you follow the formula below you can get a rough estimate of how many drinks you would get from one 5 gallon bag in box.
- Your soda bag holds 5 gallons of syrup.
- There are 128 ounces in 1 gallon. So, there are 640 ounces in 5 gallons.
- Your soda fountain system will mix water and syrup at a 5 to 1 ratio.
- Divide cup size by 6 for number of ounces of syrup used per cup.
Example for 10 oz. cup: 10 ÷ 6 = approximately 1.7
There are approximately 1.7 oz. of syrup used per each 10 oz. cup
- Divide ounces. of syrup used per cup by 640.
Example: 640 ÷ 1.7 = approximately 376
- This is the estimated number of servings per 5 gallon bag in box, not factoring in ice**
Estimated Servings Based on Cup Size
|Cup Size||Total oz. of syrup used||Total number of servings per each 5 gallon bag in box**|
|7 oz.||1 to 2||640|
|9 oz.||1 to 2||320 to 640|
|12 oz.||2 to 3||214 to 320|
|24 oz.||4 to 5||128 to 160|
|32 oz.||6 to 7||107 to 128|
** These estimates do not take into account the amount of ice in each cup. The more ice is placed in a cup the less space there is for soda, which means less syrup is used.
For more information on bag in box soda systems and the savings you could see by switching to Fox's, check out this video!