Regal Bulk Minced Onion 5 lbs.
- To save more: Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
- Bulk size for high volume users
- Get the taste and texture of fresh cut onions
Featured in:6 Recipes
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Give soup, stew, dip, casserole, hamburgers, and more a pinch of flavor with Regal Bulk Minced Onion! Minced onion has just the right balance of texture for a variety of kitchen applications. It is derived from dehydrated onion; minced onion pieces have with a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than chopped onions. A member of the lily family, onion has a pungent and sweet flavor.
Sold in a 5 lb. container.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Bulk Granulated Garlic 5 lbs.
1/2 lb. Bagcraft Papercon EcoCraft 300695 Food Tray 1000 / Case
Regal Bulk Chili Powder 5 lbs
Regal Granulated Onion 12 oz.
Regal Granulated Garlic 12 oz.
Regal Onion Powder 9 oz.
Regal Bulk Parsley Flakes .75 lbs.
Regal Bulk Fancy Paprika 5 lbs.
Overall User Rating: Regal Bulk Minced Onion 5 lbs. ( 4.9 stars from 10 reviews )
We are happy with the Regal bulk minced onion. We use it to flavor cream cheese. It is good quality. We would recommend it to anyone who needs minced onion.
Eric H. from B.C. Bagels Posted on 03/26/2014
The Regal Bulk Minced Onion has been perfect for my home-based bagel business. And at a great price for the 5 pound container, I have no reason to shop for it elsewhere!
Aaron S. from Bam Bagel Posted on 01/22/2014
I have to say for my 1st time purchase I was so very impressed with everything. Great customer service, products, prices, fast shipping thank you.
Kathy S. Posted on 12/30/2013
This minced onion is great. The best price I can find anywhere. Shipping was fast and shipping fee is reasonable. Would recommend this to anyone else.
Andy L. Posted on 11/28/2013
These onions are great saves a lot of time chopping onions. the price is the best I have found. I will be buying these from now on.
Thomas W. from TRW Posted on 11/09/2013
We love the convenience at break time or lunch we just cover with water and instantly we have minced onions . Hot dogs, hamburgers, even soup and so easy to add to baked macaroni cheese.
John C. from marsh bay crafters Posted on 09/16/2013
Mince onion saved me the trouble of cutting up onions. (it makes everyone tears) I find this great with sautee-ing vegetables, as well as meat rubs for bbq
Roelh L. Posted on 11/07/2012
Very good minced onion! The price is right and the onion flakes are uniform and flavorful. We use in marinades and sauces with great results.
Carl H. Posted on 11/06/2012
If you don't want to cry yourself into tomorrow the Regal Minced Onions are for you. They sure are for me. I put them in hamburg, soups, chili. Anything that has moisture to turn them into fresh tasting onion. Thanks to Regal Minced Onions, I cry a lot less.
Paulette D. from Spirit of Hope/Butterfly Cafe Posted on 09/09/2012
Excellent value. We are caterers and we use large quantities of minced onions in our pasta and lasagna sauces. This is the best deal we have found and can not tell a difference in quality from any other brands.
Cindel S. from C&S Catering Service Posted on 08/30/2012
Have you used this product?
Log in to write your own review and earn up to $16.00 with video, photo, and text reviews!Login or Register