Taylor 5989N 5" Classic 1" Dial Instant Read Thermometer
- Quantity Discounts!
- Temperature range is 0 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit
- Case has built-in calibration wrench
- +/- 2 degrees Fahrenheit at dial midpoint
- Durable stainless steel stem
- Shatter-proof plastic lens
- NSF Listed
1. Get one glass of ice.
2. Fill with water.
3. Slide your thermometer into the built-in wrench.
4. Place the thermometer in the ice water, ensuring that the dimple is underwater.
5. Wait until the thermometer stops moving.
6. Turn the dial until it reads 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Start measuring the temperature of your food!
Learn how to quickly and easily calibrate your dial probe thermometer for your specific needs!
Customer questions about this product
- Can this thermometer be re-calibrated?
- Yes, and you don’t even need to look around for the right sized wrench; the wrench is built into the sleeve of the thermometer!
- How do I safely and thoroughly clean my Taylor thermometer?
- Your Taylor thermometer is constructed of a durable stainless steel probe, and in some cases, a plastic head. When cleaning your thermometer, do not immerse it in water or use it in the dishwasher unless the description specifically states that it is waterproof and dishwasher safe. Simply clean the stainless steel stem with hot, soapy water and wipe the head with a damp cloth.
This Taylor Precision 5989N Classic 1 instant read thermometer features a 1" high-visibility, graphic temperature dial with a shatter-proof plastic lens and a 5" stainless steel stem. Its exclusive protective pocket case has additives that inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungus. The pocket case also doubles as a calibration tool with a built in recalibration wrench. The temperature range of the Taylor 5989 is 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 220 degrees Fahrenheit. NSF Listed.
Width of Dial: 1"
Taylor products are covered by a one-year warranty. Please contact our Customer Solutions team for assistance with warranty-related issues.
Probe Thermometers & Pocket Thermometers
Color-Coded Cutting Boards
Day of the Week Dots & Product Labels
Grill / Oven Thermometers
Digital Timers, Mechanical Timers, and Clocks
Oven Mitts & Gloves
HACCP & Sanitation in Restaurants and Food Service Operations
Frequently Purchased Together
Taylor 3504 4 1/2" TruTemp Dial Meat Thermometer
Taylor 9848 2 3/4" Dishwasher Safe Antimicrobial Digital Pen-Style Thermometer
Anti-Bacterial Probe Thermometer Wipes 70 / Pack
Taylor 9877FDA 3" Waterproof Digital Pen Thermometer with 1.5mm Diameter Probe
Taylor 3516 4 3/4" TruTemp Digital Instant Read Probe Thermometer
12" x 18" x 1/2" Cutting Board Yellow
Dial Oven Thermometer - NSF
Vollrath 47934 4 Qt. Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Taylor 3506 2 1/2" Dial Oven Thermometer
12" x 18" x 1/2" Cutting Board Red
Taylor 3507 TruTemp 2" Refrigerator / Freezer Dial Thermometer
Tablecraft 725 Heavy Weight Measuring Cups
Overall User Rating: Taylor 5989N 5" Classic 1" Dial Instant Read Thermometer ( 4.4 stars from 7 reviews )
The classic instant read thermometer is a blessing! It clips onto your shirt or coat pocket and you don't have to hunt for it on some nearby level surface. It gives you a quick read and is simple to use.
Carl H. Posted on 12/08/2014
These are perfect thermometers for standard restaurant and home kitchen use. We keep a supply of these throughout our kitchen to constantly check food. We use a bottle with sanitizer water in it and leave the thermometer in there throughout the day. We try to check meat and fish temps before the food goes to the table.
Julie P. from Barbecue Blast Inc. Posted on 11/08/2014
every kitchen needs to have several thermometers. we love these because of the ease of use and its really easy to set the temp when you need to. great price for a great product.
Randall H. from Randys family restaurant Posted on 08/16/2014
The dial is pretty small so people that have trouble with fine print would have an issue. Not the fastest thermometer around but does the job and is accurate.
Luciana T. Posted on 03/18/2014
These are a must have for any kitchen deep frying foods. These are cost effective and hold up very well to the daily abuse they seem to get
John H. from Harts Repair Service. LLC Posted on 01/28/2014
The pocket clip is loose and it falls out allot. The dial is very small, less than an inch. It does respond fast, and is marked NSF.
Karen B. from Gilpin Market Posted on 01/27/2014
This thermometer is great. We use it every night to temp our poultry, pork, and steak. The meter is easily to read and it is always accurate.
Laura B. Posted on 01/28/2013
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register