6X Powdered Sugar - 1 lb. Bag
- Great for making icing, frosting, and cake decorations
- Contains less cornstarch than 10X sugar
- Dissolves quickly to make the perfect glaze
|Package Size||1 Pounds|
|Sugar Type||Powdered Sugar|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between powdered sugar and 10X sugar?
- 10X sugar is the second finest consistency of powdered sugar behind 14X, or superfine, sugar. Powdered, or confectioners’, sugar is made by grinding and refining granulated sugar ,and then sifting it together with small amounts of cornstarch to prevent clumping and moisture absorption. The number preceding the X denotes the fineness of the grind. In other words, the higher the number, the finer the sugar powder. However, the finer the powdered sugar, the more cornstarch it contains in order to keep it from caking. Lower numbers, like 6X powdered sugar, are often used for commercial baking applications and contain less cornstarch than 10X sugar.
Whip up irresistible icings and unforgettable frosting with this 6X powdered sugar! Also known as confectioners’, or icing sugar, this product is perfect for commercial kitchens looking for a quick dissolving sweetener. Powdered sugar, made from refined, ground granulated sugar, contains a small percentage of added cornstarch to prevent caking and is typically used to make icing, frosting, and cake decorations.
This 6X sugar contains larger granules and less cornstarch than 10X sugar, making it slightly sweeter and perfect for use in icings! It's a great addition to glazes or dessert sauces, and is ideal for sprinkling onto baked goods to increase visual appeal and add a bit more sweetness! The possibilities are endless!
Sold in a 1 lb. bag.
Overall User Rating: 6X Powdered Sugar - 1 lb. Bag ( 4.4 stars from 5 reviews )
I thought I'd give this a try and so far so good! I have no problem with the taste at all. I like that it comes in a box, easier storage. I'm used to buying the 2-lb in a bag and its harder to store it.
Altoni L. Posted on 02/21/2014
I love the taste of this powered sugar, it works great for all kinds of sweets! It ships fast too with is a big plus!
Mary B. from sweets Posted on 02/12/2014
A nice size box of 6X Powdered Sugar. This is great for making icing and the price is wonderful. Very happy with this item. Sweet and Smooth taste.
Rachel Y. Posted on 12/31/2013
The 6X Powdered Sugar - 1 lb comes packaged in the box shown and the box is wrapped in a bag. The sugar is a bit more clumpy than I am used to. When I ran this sugar through the sifter, I had so many pebbles that hadn't broken down... Maybe because I am used to 10X powdered sugar and it is more fine. I am not sure what caused the clumps.
Stephanie S. from A Cupcakery Inc Posted on 09/12/2013
Thanks for your review! 10X sugar is finer than 6X sugar. You may be interested in the 2 lb. Bag 10X Confectioners Sugar, item 104SUGAR10X.
WEBstaurantStore.com Customer Solutions
Perfect for high volume bakeries and kitchens that need an affordable, great tasting quickly dissolved sugar. Perfect on piled atop beignets or in royal icing!
Taylor P. Posted on 04/07/2013
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register