Taylor 9841RB Classic Instant Read High Temperature Pocket Thermometer with 5" Probe and Rubber Boot
- Quantity Discounts!
Other Available Types:
- Reads temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and 260 degrees Celsius
- Rubber boot protects unit if dropped from up to 10 feet
- 1.5V battery included
You May Also Need
|Stem Length||5 Inches|
|Maximum Temperature||500 Degrees F|
|Minimum Temperature||-40 Degrees F|
|Type||Probe / Pocket Thermometers|
Customer questions about this product
- How do I safely and thoroughly clean my Taylor thermometer?
- Your Taylor thermometer is constructed of a durable stainless steel probe, and in some cases, a plastic head. When cleaning your thermometer, do not immerse it in water or use it in the dishwasher unless the description specifically states that it is waterproof and dishwasher safe. Simply clean the stainless steel stem with hot, soapy water and wipe the head with a damp cloth.
- Can I calibrate this thermometer in ice water?
- Thermometers intended for measuring food and liquid with higher temperatures, such as this thermometer, should be calibrated in boiling water while those used for taking lower temperatures should be calibrated in ice water. To calibrate your thermometer in boiling water, bring clean water to a boil and place the thermometer probe into the boiling water for at least one minute. The thermometer should read between 210 and 214 degrees Fahrenheit. Record the difference and adjust your thermometer as needed.
Ensure that deliveries, cooked meals, and other food products are at ideal temperatures with the Taylor 9841RB classic instant read high temperature pocket thermometer. A crucial part of maintaining sanitation standards in any commercial kitchen, this thermometer features an easy to read 1/4" LCD display and 5" stainless steel probe that deliver one second updates. Plus, it boasts temperature ranges of - 40 degrees to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and -40 to 260 degrees Celsius!
This thermometer comes complete with a protective storage sleeve with clip, and a rubber boot that protects the unit if dropped from heights up to 10 feet. The unit's on / off switch and automatic shutoff help to extend battery life, and an extra 1.5V battery is included to ensure continued performance.
Stem Length: 5"
This item meets the standards imposed by NSF International, which focuses on public safety, health, and the environment.
Probe Thermometers & Pocket Thermometers
Color-Coded Cutting Boards
Day of the Week Dots & Product Labels
Grill / Oven Thermometers
Digital Timers, Mechanical Timers, and Clocks
Oven Mitts & Gloves
HACCP & Sanitation in Restaurants and Food Service Operations
Very high quality thermometer. The rubber protector saves from drops and falls. Reliable to 1/10th of a degree. Only down side is they are heat sensitive and if you're taking hot temps, the display screen easily discolors
Zach L. from Penn State University Posted on 11/01/2015
I do like the rubber boot idea because it protects against drops, however it can get food particles inside. They made the boot removable which makes cleaning nice, although it is fairly difficult to get off and on. Overall, I think this thermometer is a good option because it is affordable, which is why I gave it a 4 star. We ordered a few and one of them got water logged which broke it, however Taylor replaced it for us.
Bill J. from Costco Wholesale Posted on 03/18/2015
I bought these for my staff because they couldn't keep a standard thermometer calibrated, and they love them. Obviously I have to spend a little more money, but they do get better and more accurate results! Buy one today and you won't be disappointed.
James B. Posted on 12/07/2014
with every kitchen keeping up with temps is very very important. this pocket them does a great job. also the batteries are very easy to change.
Randall H. from Randys family restaurant Posted on 07/02/2014
The rubber boot is a great touch as I dropped this thermometer on my first day owning it. The read out is clear and the clip on the housing seems sturdy.
Eric L. Posted on 03/16/2014
The Taylor Classic Instant Read High Temperature Pocket Thermometer with 5" probe and rubber boot is a quality product. It was smaller than I expected, but it does the job well. The price is half what it would be anywhere else. I would highly recommend this item.
Judith C. Posted on 10/24/2013
I haven't used it yet but it looks well made. I have a manual read one and this takes all the guess work out of it. Can't wait to use it. It comes with extra batteries.
Christine P. from A Bite on the Side Posted on 07/23/2013
What a steal. I love using this thermometer because it's accurate, easy to read, and displays the temperature very quickly. I like how it goes to high temps too.
Dorothy T. Posted on 03/11/2013
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register