Regal Onion Powder 9 oz.
- To save more: Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
Other Available Sizes:
|Package Size||9 Ounces|
|Spice Type||Onion Powder|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Add an onion-sweet zest to any meal with Regal Onion Powder! This powder is made from finely ground dehydrated onions. Use this granulated seasoning as a quick and easy substitute for fresh onion. It's easy to use, requires less labor and prep time, and has a longer shelf life than fresh onion. No need to peel, slice, or dice! A member of the lily family, onion has a pungent and sweet flavor.
Regal Onion Powder is the perfect seasoning and condiment in chili and dry rubs. Mix with butter to create onion butter for vegetable enhancement, or mix into biscuit or bread batters, salad dressings, and any recipe where easy dispersion of onion flavor is needed. Note: When substituting onion powder for fresh onion: One teaspoon of onion powder equals 1/3 cup fresh, chopped onion.
Contains 9 oz. of product.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Garlic Powder 8 oz.
Regal Fine Ground Cayenne Pepper - 8 oz.
Regal Chili Powder 10 oz.
Regal Fancy Oregano Leaves 3 oz.
Regal Tarragon Leaves 1 oz.
Regal Fancy Paprika 9 oz.
Regal Anise Seeds 7 oz.
Regal Thyme Leaves 3.5 oz.
Regal Whole Cloves 6 oz.
Regal Coarse Ground Black Pepper 8 oz
Regal Bay Leaves 1.5 oz.
Regal Marjoram Leaves 2 oz.
Overall User Rating: Regal Onion Powder 9 oz. ( 4.9 stars from 16 reviews )
These are top quality spices that can compare to any top brand. They are not second rate spices. The price is a steal. Plastic containers are not thin and lid fits securely.
Stefan F. from Chef Stef Posted on 08/09/2014
this is a great product. we do a lot of cooking and use a lot of spices. You can't beat the price on this item.
Brian R. Posted on 08/08/2014
I use this onion powder in everything. It stores really well and goes a long way. It is definitely a top quality grade onion powder.
Horace D. Posted on 05/27/2014
This onion powder is fragrant and finely ground. We like it on our baked snack mix. It's also nice to have on hand to make a super quick, flavorful sauce when you don't have an onion available. I suggest running a piece of clear tape over the label. It isn't stuck well nor made of water resistant material so kitchen wear can be rough on it.
Stephanie H. Posted on 03/15/2014
We use a lot of onion power for that perfect flavor. Regal Onion Powder 9 oz. is a good size container and has a very fresh onion smell and taste. good price.
Rachel Y. Posted on 01/14/2014
This is an awesome value considering how much you get for the price. It comes fresh and is so nicely packed. I highly recommend buying from here for any spices you need.
Chris H. Posted on 12/11/2013
This is onion salt is plainly much better than what you would get at your local grocery store. A very good bargain in my opinion.
Deborah S. Posted on 10/13/2013
A high quality onion powder at a great price. Allows me to add onion flavor to dishes without having to have the texture of onion.
Cheri W. from Countryside Cakes Posted on 07/22/2013
The onion powder has a very nice texture. It doesn't clump like some have in the past. I'll be buying another to have one at home also.
Marolyn J. Posted on 03/27/2013
This is a great quality spice but with it only being available in the 9 oz size I wish there was a bulk quantity. Besides that there are no compliants here.
Rick C. Posted on 09/02/2012
We use the regal onion powder but especially in our homemade mash potatoes. this spice provides great season and taste. Doesnt taste to garlicy. Great price
Aaron h. from The new haven cafe Posted on 03/10/2012
Regal Onion Powder is great for making sausages or even for making hamburgers! A Dash of it results in a creamier product with a hint of onion! Great price as well!!!
Eric K. Posted on 11/22/2011
This onion powder is excellent in my opinion, it seems to have a fresh aspect because the flavor is so true to what I like to see in a good onion powder. I recommend putting it on means, as it makes all the difference in the world!
Allyson S. from Breads, Buns, n' More! Posted on 11/08/2011
This is not your ordinary onion powder, It is much better than you will buy in your local super market. It gives steaks and seafoods that extra taste.
Daniel O. Posted on 01/30/2011
In the soups that we use this spice in, it adds a nice, fresh flavor. We like that it comes in bulk and is such high quality.
Deanna N. from Scratch Posted on 09/29/2010
The Regal onion powder is a good value.The taste and freshness and price is what makes this a good buy.Very pleased with quanity for the price.
Jeff B. Posted on 07/18/2010
Have you used this product?
Log in to write your own review and earn up to $16.00 with video, photo, and text reviews!Login or Register