Regal Granulated Onion - 5 lbs.
- To save more: Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
Other Available Sizes:
- Dehydrated granulated onion
- Longer shelf life than fresh onion
- Ready to use - saves preperation time
- Use with breads, sauces, soups, ground meat, and more
- 5 lb. container
- Kosher certified
|Package Size||5 Pounds|
|Spice Type||Granulated Onion|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Give your most popular mild or zesty foods an extra pinch of flavor with Regal granulated onion! Use this dehydrated seasoning as a quick and effective substitute for fresh onion. Dehydrated onion retains many of the same nutritional benefits as fresh onion, while offering added versatility, a longer shelf life, and shortened preparation time. This ready-to-use granulated onion has a pungent and sweet flavor profile that is sure to add something special to many of your signature dishes. These granules are larger in size than onion powder, but smaller in size than minced onion, offering a balanced texture that works well for a variety of menu items. No matter what you prepare, your customers will love the mild flavor of Regal granulated onion.
Commonly used in Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American, or Italian cuisine, onion is a staple in many popular dishes across the world. Granulated onion is very similar in characteristics to garlic, however it has a much sweeter and milder taste. Perfect for almost any savory application, onion is great for seasoning meats, making marinades, adding to soups, stews, chili and more. You can also mix it with butter for a unique vegetable enhancement. Whenever you need a quick and easy dash of flavor, this granulated onion will add some zest to almost any meal. Regal Herbs and Spices are a smart addition to any kitchen. Compared to bulk bags, this 5 lb. container provides a good supply of product and is easily accessible for your cooking and seasoning needs. Be sure to check out our quantity discounts for even better wholesale savings!
Sold in a 5 lb. container.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Granulated Garlic - 5 lbs.
Regal Cajun Spice & Skillet Seasoning - 5 lb.
Regal Chives - 9 oz.
Regal Parsley Flakes - 12 oz.
Regal Bay Seafood Blend - 7 lb.
Regal Coarse Grind Black Pepper - 5 lb.
Regal Fine Black Pepper - 5 lb.
Regal Chili Powder - 5 lbs.
Regal Garlic Salt - 8 lbs.
Regal Garlic Powder - 5 lbs.
Regal Ground Yellow Mustard - 5 lbs.
Regal Fancy Paprika - 5 lbs.
Overall User Rating: Regal Granulated Onion - 5 lbs. ( 4.9 stars from 9 reviews )
We use the Regal Granulated Onion every day in our main course and side dishes. The quality is great and the price is right for excellent predictable results.
Carl H. Posted on 12/07/2014
Great substitute for fresh onions. Lots of flavor and ground very constantly. Works great for breads and ground meats. 5lbs fills about 3/4 of a large container.
Jeremiah G. Posted on 11/25/2013
I have switched from onion powder to granulated. The powder got so clumpy from absorbing moisture. The granulated does not seem to do that as much. And the flavor is as close to fresh as you can get.
Barbara A. Posted on 09/03/2013
You're granulated onion is among the best in the industry. I have been making all purpose seasoning and meat/fish rub for about a year and I use your granulated onion exclusively. Your price is excellent and service is top notch. Mike Fausett
Mike F. from Umple Mikes Industries Posted on 08/06/2013
Regal Granulated Onion in the 5# container is a very good buy. I am already ordering another 5# container to replace inventory. I wish I could buy in a larger container or maybe I should order more than one container at a time. Well you know why! One large container is usuall cheaper than several small containers.
Alvin T. from Mary B's Southern Kitchen Posted on 04/28/2013
I added the onion powder because it is very convenient. Some days, I am too lazy to cut up onions and this really packs the right flavor
Shin Z. Posted on 12/28/2012
great quality and price. we use to buy from a bulk foods store but will no longer do that. the price here can not be beat.
Cindel S. from C&S Catering Service Posted on 07/05/2012
Completely Delicious and exactly what I was looking for. Love the bulk sizing that it comes in, as my local "member discount" stores do not sell this in 5lb containers- i will for sure be buying all my seasonings from here again! Thank you!
Angelic K. Posted on 07/03/2012
regal granulated onion is a very good spice to keep in your kitchen and the 5lb container is very convient you dont have to buy it all the time
Brittany M. from britts catering Posted on 12/10/2011
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register