Regal Granulated Onion - 12 oz.
- To save more: Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
Other Available Sizes:
- Dehydrated granulated onion
- Longer shelf life than fresh onion
- Ready to use - saves preperation time
- Use with breads, sauces, soups, ground meat, and more
- 12 oz. container
- Kosher certified
|Package Size||12 Ounces|
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Give your most popular mild or zesty foods an extra pinch of flavor with Regal granulated onion! Use this dehydrated seasoning as a quick and effective substitute for fresh onion. Dehydrated onion retains many of the same nutritional benefits as fresh onion, while offering added versatility, a longer shelf life, and shortened preparation time. This ready-to-use granulated onion has a pungent and sweet flavor profile that is sure to add something special to many of your signature dishes. These granules are larger in size than onion powder, but smaller in size than minced onion, offering a balanced texture that works well for a variety of menu items. No matter what you prepare, your customers will love the mild flavor of Regal granulated onion.
Commonly used in Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American, or Italian cuisine, onion is a staple in many popular dishes across the world. Granulated onion is very similar in characteristics to garlic, however it has a much sweeter and milder taste. Perfect for almost any savory application, onion is great for seasoning meats, making marinades, adding to soups, stews, chili and more. You can also mix it with butter for a unique vegetable enhancement. Whenever you need a quick and easy dash of flavor, this granulated onion will add some zest to almost any meal. Regal Herbs and Spices are a smart addition to any kitchen. This handy 12 oz. container is easily accessible for your cooking and seasoning needs. Be sure to check out our quantity discounts for even better wholesale savings!
Sold in a 12 oz. container.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Granulated Garlic - 12 oz.
Regal Whole Nutmeg - 8 oz.
Regal Marjoram Leaves 2 oz.
Regal Garlic Salt - 16 oz.
Regal Sazon - 16 oz.
Regal Ground Coriander - 8 oz.
Regal Delicious Stew Herb Blend - 4 oz.
Regal Caribbean Sunrise Jerk Seasoning - 10 oz.
Regal Chives - 0.5 oz.
Regal Honey Sweet Herb Blend - 12 oz.
Regal Whole Cloves - 6 oz.
Regal Ground Allspice - 8 oz.
Overall User Rating: Regal Granulated Onion - 12 oz. ( 5.0 stars from 11 reviews )
Such a fan of Regal Granulated Garlic that I decided to try the Granulated Onion! I could not be more pleased! Great quality, flavor and value!
Kim H. Posted on 07/27/2015
I ordered a variety of Regal brand spices in a recent order. Very pleased with the quality of their products. I use granulated onion often when cooking recipes that call for the flavor, but not fresh sliced onion. This had a wonderful aroma immediately upon opening the container. This size will go a long way! Recommended.
Laura N. from Baked Bliss by Laura Posted on 06/04/2015
This is another spice that I switched from the powder form for my bbq rubs. I like the granulated spices being as they give my rubs more texture and this granulated onion worked out great. You can't beat the quality and price anywhere else.
Vincent B. from Burgo BBQ Posted on 04/15/2015
I love this granulated onion because my kids hate onions, this way l can add all the flavor without them complaining. Nice little pieces/ flakes , great flavor and a little goes a long way....great quality highly recommend.
Graciela G. Posted on 03/11/2015
excellent value for the money spent - we ordered from Canada and shipping was super quick and no issues with importing - will reorder this soon
Mike R. from mike rawluk Posted on 12/05/2014
I use onion and garlic powders daily in just about all my meals. Will be buying this again real soon. You just cant go wrong buying your spices here!
Jennie M. Posted on 10/30/2014
Great product at a great price! I love using this for dry rubs for BBQ grilling and smoking. Provides more texture than onion powder and tons of flavor.
Eric S. Posted on 09/15/2014
Wow, another great product that you should be able to find in stores but can't. This is NOT onion powder and you can tell by the taste alone. Do your self a favor and ditch the powder!
James R. Posted on 03/26/2014
I have nothing bad to say about this product. It adds a lot of flavor, tastes good and fresh, and can be used in a wide variety of ways.
Luciana T. Posted on 03/19/2014
Flavorful, convenient granulated onion at a great price. Add some of this to your rubs, sauces and seasonings and kick the flavor up to the next level. Good stuff!
David M. from Professor Cocktail Posted on 08/19/2013
Regal Granulated Onion is excellent for adding a touch of onion to sauces without chopping up a whole onion. Good for marinades too! Excellent price!!!
Eric K. Posted on 11/15/2011
Get paid to review this product!
If you've used this product, simply log in and share your text, video, and photo reviews of it. The customers on the left did it, and you can too! Earn up to $16.00 per product.Login or Register