Regal Granulated Onion 12 oz.
- To save more: Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
Other Available Sizes:
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Add an onion-sweet zest to any meal with Regal Granulated Onion! This free flowing coarse powder is similar to cornmeal or granulated sugar in size. Use this granulated seasoning as a quick and easy substitute for fresh onion. It's easy to use, requires less labor and prep time, and has a longer shelf life than fresh onion. A member of the lily family, onion has a pungent and sweet flavor. Granulated onion is similar in characteristics to garlic, but is much milder and sweeter.
Use Regal Granulated Onion in all savory applications: in meat alone or with other seasonings. Mix with butter to create onion butter for vegetable enhancement, or mix into biscuit or bread batters, salad dressings, and any recipe where easy dispersion of onion flavor is needed. No need to chop up onions and cry every time you need onion flavor, just use Regal Granulated Onion!
Note: When substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: One tablespoon of granulated onion equals 1/2 cup fresh, chopped onion.
Contains 12 oz. of product.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Granulated Garlic 12 oz.
Regal Whole Nutmeg 8 oz.
Regal Marjoram Leaves 2 oz.
Regal Garlic Salt 16 oz.
Regal Sazon 16 oz.
Regal Ground Coriander 8 oz.
Regal Delicious Stew Herb Blend 4 oz.
Regal Caribbean Sunrise Jerk Rub - 10 oz.
Regal Chives .5 oz.
Regal Honey Sweet Herb Blend 12 oz.
Regal Whole Cloves 6 oz.
Regal Ground Allspice 8 oz.
Overall User Rating: Regal Granulated Onion 12 oz. ( 5.0 stars from 4 reviews )
Wow, another great product that you should be able to find in stores but can't. This is NOT onion powder and you can tell by the taste alone. Do your self a favor and ditch the powder!
James R. Posted on 03/26/2014
I have nothing bad to say about this product. It adds a lot of flavor, tastes good and fresh, and can be used in a wide variety of ways.
Luciana T. Posted on 03/19/2014
Flavorful, convenient granulated onion at a great price. Add some of this to your rubs, sauces and seasonings and kick the flavor up to the next level. Good stuff!
David M. from Professor Cocktail Posted on 08/19/2013
Regal Granulated Onion is excellent for adding a touch of onion to sauces without chopping up a whole onion. Good for marinades too! Excellent price!!!
Eric K. Posted on 11/15/2011
Have you used this product?
Log in to write your own review and earn up to $16.00 with video, photo, and text reviews!Login or Register