Regal Bulk Granulated Onion 5 lbs.
- To save more:Mix and Match
- Quantity Discounts!
- Great value by buying in bulk
Customer questions about this product
- What is the difference between granulated onion, minced onion, and onion powder?
- The difference lies in the grinding process. Granulated onion is ground into granules with coarse texture, like fine cornmeal. Minced onion is coarser in texture; minced onion pieces have a larger cut than granulated onion, but a smaller cut than fresh, chopped onions. Onion powder is ground into a fine, flour-like substance. This makes onion powder ideal for dispersing in liquids. It dissolves almost instantly when incorporated into any dish; granulated onion takes a few minutes to dissolve and release its flavor. While powder is cheaper, it can be a bit more difficult to work with (it adheres to damp surfaces and has a tendency to stick to the pan).
Use the following substitutions for granulated, minced, powdered, and fresh onion. Please note: All measurements are approximate.
- If substituting onion powder for granulated onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is stronger than 1 teaspoon granulated onion; start with just a pinch of onion powder and adjust accordingly
- If substituting onion powder for minced onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1 Tablespoon minced onion.
- If substituting granulated onion for minced onion: 1 Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/2 cup minced onion
- If substituting onion powder for fresh onion: 1 teaspoon onion powder is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: 1Tablespoon granulated onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- If substituting minced onion for fresh onion: 1 Tablespoon minced onion is equal to 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
Add an onion-sweet zest to any meal with Regal Bulk Granulated Onion! This free flowing coarse powder is similar to cornmeal or granulated sugar in size. Use this granulated seasoning as a quick and easy substitute for fresh onion. It's easy to use, requires less labor and prep time, and has a longer shelf life than fresh onion. A member of the lily family, onion has a pungent and sweet flavor. Granulated onion is similar in characteristics to garlic, but is much milder and sweeter.
Use Regal Bulk Granulated Onion in all savory applications: in meat alone or with other seasonings. Mix with butter to create onion butter for vegetable enhancement, or mix into biscuit or bread batters, salad dressings, and any recipe where easy dispersion of onion flavor is needed. No need to chop up onions and cry every time you need onion flavor, just use Regal Granulated Onion!
Note: When substituting granulated onion for fresh onion: One tablespoon of granulated onion equals 1/2 cup fresh, chopped onion.
Sold in a 5 lb. container.
Frequently Purchased Together
Regal Bulk Granulated Garlic 5 lbs.
Regal Bulk Cajun Spice & Skillet Seasoning 5 lbs.
Regal Bulk Chives 9 oz.
Regal Bulk Parsley Flakes .75 lbs.
Regal Bulk Bay Seafood Blend 7 lbs.
Regal Bulk Coarse Grind Black Pepper 5 lbs.
Regal Bulk Fine Grind Black Pepper 5 lbs.
Regal Bulk Chili Powder 5 lbs
Regal Bulk Garlic Salt Container 8 lbs.
Regal Bulk Ground Yellow Mustard Container 5 lbs
Regal Bulk Extra Coarse Kosher Salt 8 lbs.
Regal Bulk Fancy Oregano 2 lbs.
Overall User Rating: Regal Bulk Granulated Onion 5 lbs. ( 4.9 stars from 8 reviews )
Great substitute for fresh onions. Lots of flavor and ground very constantly. Works great for breads and ground meats. 5lbs fills about 3/4 of a large container.
Jeremiah G. Posted on 11/25/2013
I have switched from onion powder to granulated. The powder got so clumpy from absorbing moisture. The granulated does not seem to do that as much. And the flavor is as close to fresh as you can get.
Barbara A. Posted on 09/03/2013
You're granulated onion is among the best in the industry. I have been making all purpose seasoning and meat/fish rub for about a year and I use your granulated onion exclusively. Your price is excellent and service is top notch. Mike Fausett
Mike F. from Umple Mikes Industries Posted on 08/06/2013
Regal Granulated Onion in the 5# container is a very good buy. I am already ordering another 5# container to replace inventory. I wish I could buy in a larger container or maybe I should order more than one container at a time. Well you know why! One large container is usuall cheaper than several small containers.
Alvin T. from Mary B's Southern Kitchen Posted on 04/28/2013
I added the onion powder because it is very convenient. Some days, I am too lazy to cut up onions and this really packs the right flavor
Shin Z. Posted on 12/28/2012
great quality and price. we use to buy from a bulk foods store but will no longer do that. the price here can not be beat.
Cindel S. from C&S Catering Service Posted on 07/05/2012
Completely Delicious and exactly what I was looking for. Love the bulk sizing that it comes in, as my local "member discount" stores do not sell this in 5lb containers- i will for sure be buying all my seasonings from here again! Thank you!
Angelic K. Posted on 07/03/2012
regal granulated onion is a very good spice to keep in your kitchen and the 5lb container is very convient you dont have to buy it all the time
Brittany M. from britts catering Posted on 12/10/2011
Have you used this product?
Log in to write your own review and earn up to $16.00 with video, photo, and text reviews!Login or Register