Eco-gecko Disposable Wooden Knife Heavy Weight 100 / Pack
- The most economical way to go green
- Biodegradable and compostable
- Made from FSC-certified birch wood
- USDA and CFIA Approved
Customer questions about this product
- How sharp is the knife? Are the spoon and fork suitable for any dish?
- According to customers, the knife is able to cut steak. And yes, you can use this wooden cutlery with any dish. The fork works well with salads and side dishes. The spoon is great for use with yogurt, ice cream, or pureed / chunky soups.
- Is this wooden flatware compostable? How long does it take to break down?
- This flatware has no coatings or glazes; it is made of solid birch wood, which is biodegradable and compostable. In an industrial composting facility, wooden flatware takes about 80 days to break down. The length of time in a backyard compost pile will vary depending on the location.
- Is wooden cutlery sustainable?
- Yes, renewable resources are considered sustainable. This wooden cutlery is produced from replanted and harvested birch forests that are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified.
- What about splinters?
- This wood flatware feels just like a popsicle stick or a tongue depressor, only shaped like cutlery. You won't have to worry about splinters.
- What if I don't like the taste of wood?
- This wooden flatware is intended for use with food. Since wood is a porous material, oils and sauces will be absorbed into the knife, fork, or spoon while you use them, so your food won't have a wood taste.
Offer an eye catching, economical alternative to traditional disposable cutlery at your take out restaurant, hotel, cafe, coffee shop, winery, office break room, or catered events with this environmentally friendly, renewable wooden knife!
The heavy weight wood dinner knife is a great alternative to green, biodegradable plastic cutlery because it won't break down, or turn to mush, if stored in high heat areas. It's also burnable, which makes it ideal for use at summer camps or lodges.
These heavy weight wooden utensils are made from solid birch wood that is harvested from F.S.C. (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified replanted / sustainable forests.
Apart from its overall sturdiness and clean look, this renewable birch wood knife is also biodegradable and compostable. It has an overall length of 6 1/2". USDA and CFIA Approved. Sold 100 per pack.
Other Products from this Line
Dinner / Luncheon Napkin Natural Kraft 4500/Case
Reusable To Go Containers
Biodegradable Plates and Compostable Plates
Bambu 061700 6 1/2" Disposable Bamboo Knife 250/Case
Eco-gecko Disposable Wooden Knife Heavy Weight 1000 / Box
Eco-gecko Disposable Wooden Taster Spoon Heavy Weight 1000 / Box
Bambu 060900 7" Disposable Bamboo Plate 25 / Pack
Bambu 063200 9" Disposable Square Bamboo Plate 25 / Pack
Bambu 060800 11" Disposable Bamboo Plate 25 / Pack
Bambu 060900 7" Disposable Bamboo Plate 100/Case
Bambu 061700 6 1/2" Disposable Bamboo Knife 25 / Pack
Bambu 063200 9" Disposable Square Bamboo Plate 100 / Case
Bambu 060800 11" Disposable Bamboo Plate 100/Case
Eco-gecko Disposable Wooden Spoon Heavy Weight 1000 / Box
Bambu 063100 7" Disposable Square Bamboo Plate 25 / Pack
Bambu 063100 7" Disposable Square Bamboo Plate 100 / Case
Bambu 061500 6 1/2" Disposable Bamboo Fork 250/Case
Bambu 061600 6 1/2" Disposable Bamboo Spoon 25 / Pack
Bambu 062100 3 1/2" Disposable Bamboo Spork 250/Case
Bambu 060700 9" Disposable Bamboo Plate 100/Case
Frequently Purchased Together
Overall User Rating: Eco-gecko Disposable Wooden Knife Heavy Weight 100 / Pack ( 4.8 stars from 13 reviews )
I bought these for a baby shower, but had plenty left over( due to the amazing price) . I saw this table setting in a popular magazine and decided to do my take on it. Instead of going out and spending hundreds on gold flatware, i just painted thenhandles gold. Same look, just a fraction of the price. Thanks for the great deal
Kim S. Posted on 11/13/2013
Good and sturdy, and they look enviromental friendly because they are made from wood. Great price compared many sites and webstaurantstore had the best price on this.
Sandra J. from mont Posted on 09/11/2013
We love these environmentally sustainable knives. They are strong and sturdy. Our customers really like them too, some people save them after they've used them.
Kathleen J. from The Pod Posted on 08/02/2013
This wooden cutlery is so much fun and great looking, too. I have purchased the knives, forks and spoons. The work well and add a different look to your table setting. They are perfect for casual settings, picnics or a "green" party. I have had so many compliments on these.
Cece B. from Cece Brune Posted on 06/27/2013
I absolutly love these knives! I used them for my wedding as well as the spoons and forks and they were a huge hit! I LOVE them! Such a great way to tie in your theme!!!!!
Marlee C. Posted on 06/03/2013
These knifes will complete our table settings at our wedding reception this fall. They are exactly as pictured, sturdy and look great! We're looking forward to adding them to our picnic style reception tables!
Nicole H. Posted on 05/22/2013
the knives seem sturdy and have a nice feel to them, i did not try cutting meat with them, but I imagine they would do okay within reason. definitely not flimsy or brittle like some plastic
Samantha S. Posted on 05/15/2013
these are the perfect size and weight to send along with my fudge. We send our fudge uncut and these are a extra little touch our clients appreciate.
Michelle R. from nom nom nom fudge Posted on 03/10/2013
these knives are great, they are very sturdy and much much better than plastic knives, they are also great for bbq's for cutting meat, I highly recommend them
Florencia M. from Doula Flor Miami Posted on 03/01/2013
These are sturdy and look nice. They work well. I think they can be used for all occasions. They mix well with the bamboo plates!
Amanda H. Posted on 04/23/2012
A huge success. Just like the spoons and forks, these knives work extremely well and get great raves and reviews from our customers. Will continue to buy these for a very long time.
Aaron h. from The new haven cafe Posted on 11/26/2011
These knives are a great alternative to plastic knives, and they are even stronger than most disposable knives! They are great for parties and events. Your friends and customers will be impressed by this Eco Cutlery!
Jesse C. from JAM Vegan Bakery Posted on 06/24/2011
great style plus great for the environment. the function is no different from a regular plastic knife. we use it our restaurant instead for plastic. GO GREEN!!!
Claudia L. Posted on 08/24/2010
Have you used this product?
Log in to write your own review and earn up to $16.00 with video, photo, and text reviews!Login or Register