Scratch and Dent Avantco BVAC-36HC 36" Black Refrigerated Air Curtain Merchandiser
- Bright, cool LED lighting to illuminate product; top-mounted lightbox to attract attention
- Comes with 4 adjustable coated steel shelves, each with price tag strips for easy price labeling
- Energy-saving night cover included for off hours
- Drain pan heater for evaporating condensation, with optional external drain included
- Digital temperature controls; eco-friendly R290 refrigerant; 115V, 1 1/4 hp
You May Also Need
Curtron C-36 Caser 48" x 36" Display Cooler Strip Curtain
plus $82.49 / Each
Avantco 189SHELF36BK Black Shelf for BVAC-36HC
$129.99 / Each
Avantco 189SBRKT36BK Black Air Curtain Shelf Bracket Set
$34.99 / Each
Please note that all items are sold as is, and all sales are final. To ensure that each product in WebstaurantStore Outlet will work correctly upon arrival, it is tested by an experienced technician prior to shipping. We recommend that you carefully read the product description, damage/use description, and other related product literature such as specification sheets and product manuals before placing your order.
Please inspect each item carefully when it arrives at your place of business. If you observe any damage not detailed in the description on this website that may have been caused during shipping, do not sign for the delivery and contact us ASAP.Cart Policy
Because Outlet items sell quickly on a first-come, first-serve basis, simply placing the item in your shopping cart for checkout at a later time does not guarantee a "hold" on the item.Warranty Policy
No Outlet products have a warranty unless otherwise specified. If the warranty is honored, it will be clearly noted in the description of the item. If you have any questions or concerns about a product even after reading the description and product literature, please contact us.
Learn how to use a Carel PJEZ controller on an Avantco refrigerator to set the low temperature limit.
|Width||35 1/2 Inches|
|Depth||32 1/2 Inches|
|Height||81 1/2 Inches|
|Interior Width||31 1/2 Inches|
|Interior Depth||26 Inches|
|Interior Height||52 1/2 Inches|
|Capacity||14.7 cu. ft.|
|Horsepower||1 1/4 HP|
|Number of Shelves||4|
|Service Type||Self Service|
|Temperature Range||33 - 40 Degrees F|
|Total BTU||2,787 BTU|
Customer questions about this product
- Can I put warm items in my air curtain merchandiser to chill them?
- This unit is intended for maintaining cold product temperatures, but not for making warm items colder. For best results, items loaded into this unit should be pre-chilled to proper serving temperatures, and ambient conditions should not exceed 75 degrees Fahrenheit / 55 percent relative humidity.
- I haven’t heard of R-290, R-600a, R-513a, or R-448A refrigerant before. What is it?
- R-290 (also known as high purity propane or CARE 40) and R-600a (also known as refrigerant grade Isobutane or CARE 10) are hydrocarbon refrigerants. R513a (also known as Opteon XP10) and R-448A (also known as Solstice N40) are HFO (hydrofluoroolefin) refrigerants. They are being used as an eco-friendly refrigerant by some manufacturers in response to the EPA’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program. Read more about this program in our blog post on Refrigerant Regulations.
- What type of environment is best suited for this merchandiser?
- It is important to install this unit in a location that is not near a doorway or in direct sunlight. This merchandiser is intended for use in temperature controlled environments that stay below 75 degrees Fahrenheit and 55% relative humidity. Note that malfunction due to improper environmental conditions is not covered under the unit's warranty.
- Do I need to connect the drain on the back of the unit?
- No, the unit comes standard with a drain pan heater to evaporate away normal amounts of condensation. The external drain is only needed if your unit is producing excessive condensation, most often caused by high humidity.
- Does Avantco warrant this item for use in a food truck?
- Avantco warrants new equipment sold to food truck customers to be operational for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery if installed and maintained correctly.
- Can this item fit through a standard height 80" doorway?
- Due to the height of this item, it may not be able to fit through a standard 80" tall doorway when standing upright. Please consider the best means of entry before purchasing, or measure your entryway to ensure that you will be able to bring your order inside if the item cannot be carried on its side.
Scratch and Dent Details
Display your grab and go items in style while keeping them chilled with this Avantco BVAC-36HC 36" black refrigerated air curtain merchandiser! This merchandiser features bright, cool LED lighting to show off your products at their best and an attractive lightbox to draw attention. Plus, the partial glass sides allow increased visibility and makes for a more attractive presentation. Whether you are selling cold, bottled drinks or pre-packaged grab-and-go snacks, this air curtain gives you the opportunity to let your products sell themselves. It comes with 4 adjustable coated steel shelves, each with a weight capacity of 88 lb., so you can organize and load your air curtain merchandiser with confidence.
This air curtain has digital controls to make it easy to keep an eye on the interior temperature. The unit has a temperature range of 33-40 degrees Fahrenheit. It operates using a 1 1/4 hp compressor and eco-friendly R290 refrigerant. This specialized refrigerant has an ozone depletion potential (ODP) of 0 and a global warming potential (GWP) of 3, making it an environmentally-responsible choice for your business.
For outstanding durability, this air curtain merchandiser is made of coated steel inside and out. To help maintain the cold interior temperatures, this unit has foamed-in-place polyurethane insulation. The insulation also adds structural strength and rigidity. Also, this unit has an automatic defrost cycle, so your staff doesn't need to spend valuable time clearing out ice. Plus, it has casters to make it easy to move the unit away from the wall for cleaning and maintenance. To help save energy during off hours, this model comes with a night cover. A drain pan heater helps evaporation of condensation, and an optional drain is included that can be utilized if the unit is producing excess condensation. This unit requires a 115V electrical connection for operation.
Width: 35 1/2"
Depth: 32 1/2"
Height: 81 1/2"
Capacity: 14.7 cu. ft.
Width: 31 1/2"
Height: 52 1/2"
This Item Ships via Common Carrier. For more information and tips to help your delivery go smoothly, click here.
This item meets the electrical product safety standards imposed by the ETL, a division of the Intertek Group, for use in the United States.
This unit comes with a NEMA 5-15P plug.
Other Products from this Line
Leave a review of this product!
If you've used this product, log in and leave a review to tell us and other customers what you thought about it. Get paid up to $16 for submitting one of the first text, photo, or video reviews for this item. View your account for details.Login or Register