We're looking for Design Manager to grow and build a design team in our newly opened office in Tampa. You will lead, design and initiate change within our department and company. While your primary responsibilities will be leading and managing a team of designers and front-end developers, you are also a problem-solver and can dive into design and code. As a manager, you’ll create a space where great design and dev work can happen, integrate design thinking across our departments and be ready to give feedback generously. (Basically everything Peter Merholz explains in his article Design Team Leads)
Check out of some of the work our team has been doing recently on Instagram: @webstaurantdesigners
- Experience leading or managing a design team.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Experience using research and data to inform design decisions.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong understanding of visual design, UI design and front-end development
- Provide design direction and feedback to design team members
- Have regular 1 on 1 meetings with design team members.
- Work alongside developers to build websites and software
- Recruit and interview designers, build a diverse design team.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Learner. Is a problem solver and pushes self to learn new skills and techniques
What’s in it for you
Apply to this Job
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Flexible schedule and ability to remote work up to 2 days/week
- Dog friendly office