The Inbound Material Handler is responsible for receiving warehouse stock safely through the use of equipment to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and stock inventory to fulfill orders as they are processed to ensure a high level of speed and accuracy
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment including forklifts to complete job duties
- Maintain a clean work area that is safe and organized
- Communicate with Receiving Manager to identify any operational issues or concerns in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a distribution environment; receiving and/or inventory experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment, including forklifts, order pickers, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Customer service-oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 10 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
3rd shift operates Monday - Thursday from 7p - 5:30a.
Apply to this Job