Looking for the “Start-Up” feel in a well-established and rapidly growing company? Do you have a desire to work on a variety of projects in a fast paced environment? Want to be an integral part of a (remote) web development team with offices in Pennsylvania and Florida? This is the opportunity for you!
The WebstaurantStore, a leader in supporting the food service industry for two decades is looking for a Performance Test Engineer to join our growing company.
Accepting W2 candidates only. H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available.
As a Performance Test Engineer, you will:
- Be designing and developing load/performance tests in an agile development environment
- Provide performance recommendations to development teams
- Drive a continuous improvement mentality to deliver robust performance testing strategies and methods
- Create and update existing QA documentation
- Work closely with Development, Business Analysts and the Product Owners to ensure project success
- Mentor peers and staff on performance testing
- Partner with scrum team members to provide technical guidance on creating agile performance test solutions to meet critical business objectives
- Work within the Technical Test Team, helping other technical (automation) solutions as needed
- Estimate the Level of Effort needed to test and complete a task
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who MUST HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in performance and load testing of complex, web-based enterprise applications.
- Experience in designing test scenarios and load profiles based on application functionality and usage patterns.
- Knowledge of load testing and performance testing concepts and methods as applied in a C#.NET application environment.
- Advanced experience working with the JMeter load testing tool
- Strong technical competency in an Object-Oriented Programming language such as C#.NET/Java
- Knowledge of infrastructure components (servers, network, load balancers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Solid understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization.
- Experience working with APM tools, such as New Relic or Grafana
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and executing performance tests.
- Experience monitoring systems for possible bottlenecks
- Experience load testing Web Services
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of source control tools, like GIT
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- An understanding of Agile testing methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of QA practices (white and black box testing, risk-based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
- Flexibility to Multitask and Shift Focus as needed
- Willingness to jump in and do what it takes to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if the candidate also has:
- TFS/VSTS/AzureDevOps experience
WebstaurantStore offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, gym membership reimbursement, 401k with company match, profit sharing, and an annual bonus.
WebstaurantStore's Development department is offering an optional condensed work week allowing you to choose a schedule that suits your lifestyle.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, rapidly growing industry, we’d love to discuss this opportunity with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.
Accepting W2 candidates only. H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. In addition, we are not seeking to expand our 3rd party partnerships at this time.
#DiceRemote work qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.